Golf Group Start-Up

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2021, 02:51 PM
Default Our Group is playing Champ Courses Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
We will both join, both from MA, when you are down,
We play on Sunday afternoons, if you wish to join the group please send me a private message here on ToTV or e-mail me at grayesun@yahoo.co with following info:

Name(s)
Phone Number
Villages ID#

Thanks

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 10-14-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie2009 View Post
Ref: Push cart for golf bag

Hello, I think the Villages is a small haven for golfers. I decided to join it. My golf school starts Oct 4, Monday for 5 days. I am not ready to get a golf cart yet. So, I am hoping to get a push cart. If anyone knows of a reasonable price one or any suggestions, I would appreciated.

Thank you,
Ratana
PS. I have a hard time posting since I have not use this TOTV much at all. I hope this post get out from this thread. Sorry and thank you.
I picked up one of the BagBoy Nitron Golf Push Carts at the beginning of the year and have had zero problems with it. It isn't the cheapest one out there but it folds up small and unfolds in under 3 seconds. I've got a big BagBoy tour/staff bag and they have a feature that locks it right in place so it sits securely and literally can't fall off, moves/rolls smooth, it also has a hand brake so it won't roll away on you. 2 drawbacks are that you have to take your bag off the cart in order to fold it back up and the storage pouch under the handle doesn't secure causing things to fall out when you do go to put it back in the car (a small piece of double sided velcro tape easily solved the latter problem)
Old 11-21-2021, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie2009 View Post
Ref: Push cart for golf bag

Hello, I think the Villages is a small haven for golfers. I decided to join it. My golf school starts Oct 4, Monday for 5 days. I am not ready to get a golf cart yet. So, I am hoping to get a push cart. If anyone knows of a reasonable price one or any suggestions, I would appreciated.

Thank you,
Ratana
PS. I have a hard time posting since I have not use this TOTV much at all. I hope this post get out from this thread. Sorry and thank you.
You're on the wrong thread with this post. This is only for Villages Sunday PM Golf Group.

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

Old 11-21-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post
I picked up one of the BagBoy Nitron Golf Push Carts at the beginning of the year and have had zero problems with it. It isn't the cheapest one out there but it folds up small and unfolds in under 3 seconds. I've got a big BagBoy tour/staff bag and they have a feature that locks it right in place so it sits securely and literally can't fall off, moves/rolls smooth, it also has a hand brake so it won't roll away on you. 2 drawbacks are that you have to take your bag off the cart in order to fold it back up and the storage pouch under the handle doesn't secure causing things to fall out when you do go to put it back in the car (a small piece of double sided velcro tape easily solved the latter problem)
You're on the wrong thread with this post. It's for Villages Sunday PM Golf Group.

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

Old 11-22-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayesun View Post
You're on the wrong thread with this post. It's for Villages Sunday PM Golf Group.
My bad, what was I thinking trying to help someone asking a question?

You Massholes are all alike
Old 11-23-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkman View Post
My bad, what was I thinking trying to help someone asking a question?

You Massholes are all alike
Trying to nip this off topic diversion "in the bud", before it took over the thread...no need for ad hominem nastiness.

Thanks for being the good Samaritan.

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

Old 11-24-2021, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Trying to nip this off topic diversion "in the bud", before it took over the thread...no need for ad hominem nastiness.

Thanks for being the good Samaritan.
No nastiness meant, I include myself when I speak of Massholes (Boston born and bred)
Old 12-28-2021, 09:16 AM
Default Interested

Very interested for myself and Wife...joemanz99@aol.com
Golf Group" is coming together as follows:

* Starting Up in June; June 6 (Sunday)
* Sunday is Play Day
* Tee Times starting at 5:00 PM
* Playing Championship Course - 9 Holes to start - 18 Holes to be discussed.
* Scramble Format (Foursomes - Best Ball) if desired.
* Mostly courses North of 466A.
* Mandatory: Good Golf Etiquette & Pace of Play.

Anyone that has shown strong interest to starting with us on June 6, needs to get the requested info to us ASAP!

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Old 12-28-2021, 09:20 AM
Default Very very interested

We will be Villagers in May. Both myself and my wife are very interested. Please keep us in mind...joemanz99
Quote:
We've had a good turnout so far as follows: A) 27 people (12 couples and 3 singles (1M & 2F's)) interested in Group Play as defined in original post, B) 8 people (4 couples) as "snowbirds", C) 6 people (3 couples) for Executive courses only. D) 2 People (1 couple) have future interest, no at TV yet. As mentioned previously, the focus for now is getting Group "A" sorted out and playing by June. I'd like to let this percolate for a few days to get feedback from people on preferences for day to play golf, format suggestions, any concerns or issues with group golf and every individual's personal choices. The group is for golf fun & enjoyment only...sorry to have to emphasize this, but we hope all can leave their politics at home for a few hours. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2022, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeManz99 View Post
We will be Villagers in May. Both myself and my wife are very interested. Please keep us in mind...joemanz99
Please contact me at grayesun@yahoo.com when you arrive and get settled. Will need you to provide the following to get on our group roster:
1. Names
2. Villages ID numbers.
3. Phone number
4. E-mail

Thanks,

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

Old 03-06-2022, 11:33 AM

Golf Group (Group 21) Update: Recruiting Time for New Players - Couples & Singles Welcome!

We play Sunday afternoons (9 holes) on Championship courses mostly North of 466A.
During peak season (1/1-5/31) we play (tee off) between 1 and 2PM. (Sometimes after 2 at OBH or Tierra)
During summer season (6/1-12/31) we tee off after 5:00 until we're forced to play earlier due to darkness.

Today (3/6/22) will be Week 40 for our group, we're heading out to Evans Prairie for late afternoon 9 hole play.

If you're interested in joining our group, reply here or e-mail me at grayesun@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

Old 04-13-2022, 08:51 AM

Sign-Up: Golf Group for couples or singles, we currently have 12 players on our roster. Usually we have 6 to 9 players each week. See previous post for our weekly playing details - add that several in the group have started playing 18 holes.

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

Old 06-26-2022, 09:28 AM

Bi-Monthly Recruiting Campaign - Golfers Invited to Join our now 1 Year Old Couples & Singles Group!
We're "Golf Group 21"

Here's the basics:
1) We play Sunday afternoons; teeing off between 2 & 5 depending on time of year (daylight hours)
2) Championship courses only - about 90% of the time, North of 466A.
3) Most players do only 9 holes - some of us play 18.
4) Some golf experience preferred - maintain pace of play.
5) Know & practice good golf etiquette.
6) Casual, fun golf, no firm weekly commitment.

Contact me here or at grayesun@yahoo.com

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

Old 06-26-2022, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

My wife and I would be interested. I was a decent player back in the day, not so much any more. I have trouble with the heat and several injuries limit what I can do.
The wife is a complete beginner but enjoys getting out.
We'd probably only be interested in executive courses but might consider the occasional championship.

What do I need to do to get added to the list?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-26-2022, 11:08 AM
Default Joining Our Group as an Alternate/Part Time Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
My wife and I would be interested. I was a decent player back in the day, not so much any more. I have trouble with the heat and several injuries limit what I can do.
The wife is a complete beginner but enjoys getting out.
We'd probably only be interested in executive courses but might consider the occasional championship.

What do I need to do to get added to the list?
We only play Championship courses to date, however a few players have shown interest in playing Executive courses also.
I can add you to our group roster as an "alternate", meaning I will only add you to the weekly group request for Sunday Championship play if you contact me through E-mail by the Monday (12 noon) prior to play day (following Sunday).

If you want me too add you as an "alternate" on our group roster, please E-Mail following info to me (at grayesun@yahoo.com):
Names
Golf ID #'s
Phone Number

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

Closed Thread

Tags
golf, group, round, playing, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.