Golf Outside of The Villages

Old 04-28-2022, 09:33 PM
Default Golf Outside of The Villages

Harbor Hills Golf Club advertises a Villager Special in the Daily Sun for those in TV who like to find cheaper golf outside of TV. However, it appears to be a Big Con.

They advertise 7:00 AM to 2:30 PM at $51.99 plus tax when you can go on their web site and book online for $50.99. They also offer 2:37 PM to close at $46.99 plus tax when their online price is $44.99 plus tax.

We have stopped going there on principle as we do not like being CONNED.

Old 04-29-2022, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomlinson View Post
Harbor Hills Golf Club advertises a Villager Special in the Daily Sun for those in TV who like to find cheaper golf outside of TV. However, it appears to be a Big Con.

They advertise 7:00 AM to 2:30 PM at $51.99 plus tax when you can go on their web site and book online for $50.99. They also offer 2:37 PM to close at $46.99 plus tax when their online price is $44.99 plus tax.

Many places offer discounts for on-line booking... But sure, cut off your nose to save a buck...

-Tom Petty

Old 04-29-2022, 08:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

I don't play golf, but I thought over 500 holes in the Villages are free to residents? How is something you pay for cheaper than free? Is is comparable to the pro courses?

I am serious, I am thinking about taking up golf, so this is curious to me.

Old 04-29-2022, 08:47 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default It is not "free"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
I don't play golf, but I thought over 500 holes in the Villages are free to residents? How is something you pay for cheaper than free? Is is comparable to the pro courses?

your amenity fee covers the cost of maintaining the exec courses, rest rooms, mail centers, pools and other things.

I played 18 hole(aka: championship)courses from 1964 till 2013(till we moved here). Played the championships off and on here for about 6 years. Finally turned 99% of my golf to execs because of more enjoyment, less cost, faster completion times and quite good conditions considering the amount of play they get.

Playing championships is a "thing" for most who play them. they require a larger repertoire of shots and more chances for things to go wrong. they are a bigger challenge which I no longer need to fulfill my golf fix.

please come here and take up golf on the execs, but either attend the free good golf school or at least read the good golf manual(free at all starters shacks). also do yourself and all golfers a favor....learn the etiquette and don't count on the people you play with of knowing what is and isn't proper....it matters and many times they are completely incorrect.

Old 04-29-2022, 08:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:

Hate to use word free. In my mind, nothing in this world is free. Golf is included in the amenity fee and is only for the executive courses. Harbor Hills is a regular par 72 course and is comparable to the regular par 72 courses in TV. Executive courses are not comparable to regular courses. Thinking about playing golf. It can turn into an obsession. Love it or hate it. enjoy golf if you do decide to take it up.

Old 04-29-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:

FYI, there is NO free golf in The Villages. You pay for the "free" executive golf via your Amenity Fee and you pay between $50 and $69 per round as a non-priority Villager at this time of the year on TV Championship courses.

I play both inside and outside TV. The post was just a FYI as the walk-in price at Harbor Hills is the same for Villagers and non-Villagers. They are just being economical with the truth.

Old 04-29-2022, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Many places offer discounts for on-line booking... But sure, cut off your nose to save a buck...
Tom Petty living up to his name (Petty).

FYI, I play both inside and outside TV. The post was just a FYI as the walk-in price at Harbor Hills is the same for Villagers and non-Villagers. They are just being economical with the truth.

Old 04-29-2022, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,251 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Tom Petty living up to his name (Petty).

FYI, I play both inside and outside TV. The post was just a FYI as the walk-in price at Harbor Hills is the same for Villagers and non-Villagers. They are just being economical with the truth.
Seems you're the one being "Petty" by vowing never to play there again "on principle" over a $buck$...

And since everyone pays the amenity fee, whether they play golf or not, the Executive Courses cost nothing extra to play. So, they are, in effect, FREE...

-Tom Petty

Old 04-30-2022, 06:15 AM

You have to pay a trail fee for carts.

Old 04-30-2022, 06:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:

Stop taking the newspaper and you won’t get “conned” and you will have a few bucks left over for golf. YW in advance

Old 04-30-2022, 06:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

I don’t know about being conned. Harbor Hills is a well-established country club with an excellent reputation. Almost all the golf groups who play in The Villages regularly play nearby outside The Villages regularly for variety and lower cost. Harbor Hills is closeby and frequently a choice.

I think you may be way too quick with your accusations towards a well-known and respected golf course. Great restaurant before or after, as well!

Old 04-30-2022, 07:03 AM

Quote:

What your doing is comparing apples to oranges - the advertised price is for NOT going on line! If you know it is $1 or $2 cheaper it would seem to me you would go on line!!?? This is not a con -

Old 04-30-2022, 07:16 AM

I thought the what about Harbor Hills false advertisement no it’s just once again on trail fees

Old 04-30-2022, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltdisney4life View Post
I thought the what about Harbor Hills false advertisement no it’s just once again on trail fees
@#$&*+()$#@$…………???

Old 04-30-2022, 07:50 AM
Veteran member

Eagle Ridge would be a good choice for outside TV .

Quite a bit cheaper too , specially if you’re non-priority .

Course condition is generally better than most of the championships here in TV , excluding Glenview (best condition of all) and Lopez (a close second to Glenview)

Tags
golf, tax, online, $46.99, site

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.