Golf Outside of The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2022, 08:01 AM
Default Harbor

I like the course some scenic holes like 10. LOL that's not the conn they say Villages can't hit far enough and want to play the white tees so they reversed the white and green.
Old 04-30-2022, 09:16 AM
Angry Harbor Hills Golf Course

I played there a few years ago and it was in absolute beautiful condition. I played there a few weeks ago and the greens were beautiful, sand traps were in pretty good condition but the fairways (they advertised as being over seeded) left a lot to be desired. The course layout is really nice compared to the Villages Championship courses. I play golf. every day and spend about $13,000 to $15,000 a year on golf in the Villages. I can't believe how bad the sand traps are here in the Villages. Pure dirt in most of the traps near the greens. The fairway traps are good but you really want less sand in the fairway traps to hit a good shot. I would love to see one of our pros hit out of the traps here with their 64% wedge with the bounce hitting the sand. I can just envision a skull shot over the green. I will start using my 9 iron with very little bounce so it can dig into the dirt that they call a sand trap. Please, Ms. Morse put some sand in the sand traps around the green so we can hit a nice shot out of the sand trap onto the green. Leave the greens alone and fix the sand traps first. They are in horrible shape. Thanks for listening to a long winded story. I have been playing golf for over 50 years and never saw such crappy sand traps.
Old 04-30-2022, 09:46 AM

Well, you certainly told them!
Old 04-30-2022, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,273 Times in 4,295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnesail View Post
You have to pay a trail fee for carts.
But there is no charge to walk...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-30-2022, 12:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat La Rosa View Post
I played there a few years ago and it was in absolute beautiful condition. I played there a few weeks ago and the greens were beautiful, sand traps were in pretty good condition but the fairways (they advertised as being over seeded) left a lot to be desired. The course layout is really nice compared to the Villages Championship courses. I play golf. every day and spend about $13,000 to $15,000 a year on golf in the Villages. I can't believe how bad the sand traps are here in the Villages. Pure dirt in most of the traps near the greens. The fairway traps are good but you really want less sand in the fairway traps to hit a good shot. I would love to see one of our pros hit out of the traps here with their 64% wedge with the bounce hitting the sand. I can just envision a skull shot over the green. I will start using my 9 iron with very little bounce so it can dig into the dirt that they call a sand trap. Please, Ms. Morse put some sand in the sand traps around the green so we can hit a nice shot out of the sand trap onto the green. Leave the greens alone and fix the sand traps first. They are in horrible shape. Thanks for listening to a long winded story. I have been playing golf for over 50 years and never saw such crappy sand traps.
So, if I'm reading you correctly, you don't like the sand traps?

-Tom Petty
Old 04-30-2022, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Seems you're the one being "Petty" by vowing never to play there again "on principle" over a $buck$...

And since everyone pays the amenity fee, whether they play golf or not, the Executive Courses cost nothing extra to play. So, they are, in effect, FREE...
I disagree Mr Petty. 1) It's not over a buck but over the principle of honesty which they are not and 2) Villages execs are not free as you pay for it whether you play or not. Nothing is free if you are paying for it either via taxes or some other means of collecting money.
Old 04-30-2022, 03:01 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomlinson View Post
I disagree Mr Petty. 1) It's not over a buck but over the principle of honesty which they are not and 2) Villages execs are not free as you pay for it whether you play or not. Nothing is free if you are paying for it either via taxes or some other means of collecting money.
Dude really thinks you are Tom Petty , J Mintzer. Tom isn’t typing any more
Old 04-30-2022, 03:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
Dude really thinks you are Tom Petty , J Mintzer. Tom isn’t typing any more
He has been dead close to 5 years.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtomlinson View Post
Do you play Pickelball? If not, you're paying for it. Swim laps? If not, you're paying for it. Play pool at the rec centers? If not, you're paying for it. I could go on and on...

But sure, parse words. Be petty.

What ever get's you thru the night...

- John Lennon

-Tom Petty
Old 05-01-2022, 03:52 AM
Platinum member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
Eagle Ridge would be a good choice for outside TV .

Quite a bit cheaper too , specially if you’re non-priority .

Course condition is generally better than most of the championships here in TV , excluding Glenview (best condition of all) and Lopez (a close second to Glenview)
Played Eagle Ridge a couple weeks ago and thought the course was in excellent shape.
TV greenskeepers should learn from them.
Old 05-01-2022, 03:55 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat La Rosa View Post
It's hard to tell by your post, but are you not very fond of the sand traps in TV.
Best thing is not to hit into them.
Old 05-01-2022, 06:48 AM
Default Eagle Ridge

You should check out Eagle Ridge. It's the Dell Webb community, just north of the Villages on 27, Look for the Big Fountain on the right. It's got 4 different Nines, rates are 1/2 of what the Villages charge, and the course is in great condition now.
Old 05-01-2022, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,369 Times in 2,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hamilton View Post
You should check out Eagle Ridge. It's the Dell Webb community, just north of the Villages on 27, Look for the Big Fountain on the right. It's got 4 different Nines, rates are 1/2 of what the Villages charge, and the course is in great condition now.
$45 vs. $64 is not half.

Tags
golf, tax, online, $46.99, site

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.