Golf Bag Lock

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2021, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,176 Times in 4,233 Posts
Default Golf Bag Lock

For those of you who lock their bags to their carts, what type of lock do you use?

A bicycle cable lock, around the bag, thru the bag handle and then around the frame?

Something else?

Thanks in advance!

-Tom Petty
Old 12-07-2021, 09:23 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

I bought a 3/16' coated cable from amazon that wasn't pre-coiled(makes it difficult to wrap/and thread through). Then bought outdoor lock(size of regular padlock, but with tumblers). I have it wrapped around my basket then through the bag handle, then through the pull cart. I put on the clubhead rain hood and put down the cart rain cover.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,930 Times in 2,700 Posts

The Championship pro shops (at least the courses that haven’t had the clubhouse torn down yet) sell a bag cover with a coated cable running through it that is easy to use and works well. You need to supply the lock. I found a really good padlock made by Master that unlocks by sliding a disk either up, down, left, or right in a sequence that the owner can program. The locks can literally be unlocked with your eyes closed. Great for older eyes that require cheaters to read the small numbers on traditional padlocks, or in the dark. Hope that helps : )
Closed Thread

Tags
lock, bag, frame, handle, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.