Golf Rates go up again!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2020, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donb0975 View Post
The championship courses are owned by the developer and the exec courses by the districts. The championship courses were maintained by ASG but not owned by that company. The developer had a contract for maintenance that the developer now has taken in over.
The developer has NEVER done the maintenance on the golf courses. There are several companies that do the maintenance. ASG is one company, Down to Earth, Bright View etc.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:43 AM
Veteran member

I wouldn't mind the rate increase as much if the courses here were at least interesting in design and in top shape. To me, they are boring, similar looking designs done by the developer just to maximize the real estate properties. Just my opinion. I prefer to play "off campus" at courses that are in fine shape and interesting enough to make me want to play them a second time.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:56 AM

The Executive course are still "free" We all have to make choices and live with the consequences.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:12 AM
Default Learning More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Executive courses and championship courses are two different and seperate entities. Take some time and learn the difference. Your confusion will go away.

Also, I highly recommend signing up for Resident Acadamy.
I'd be interesting in learning about the differences. Is it in writing somewhere? I'm new to TV. I will take your recommendation about the Resident Academy.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:22 AM
Default Yes, this does help

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Fact: the Championship Courses are owned by the developer, they always have been. The developer sub contracted the management of the courses to a company called GMS. The course maintenance is sub contracted to several private landscaping companies. About 1 1/2 year ago the Villages took over the running of the Championship courses. The ambassadors, starters, pool people, inside staff all work for the villages. The rates are set by the management team that oversees the total operation of the Championship Courses. All 12 courses work under this umbrella.

Fact: All the executives courses north of 44 are own buy the districts. But the districts sub contract with the villages to staff them. The districts have complete control over the rates and the operations.

I hope this helps
Yes, this does help. Thanks for the info. IMHO the greens fees on the courses seem high in comparison to other courses with similar conditions. For what its worth, I think given all the play the courses get, the prices could be a bit lower. Other courses have lower fees and still remain in business. It's free enterprise, yeah I get that....people are free to not play or go elsewhere. But I do understand how people feel a bit like they are being taken advantage of. They think of TV as more of a community developed for the good of the residents. Yeah, I know it's not that way, but there is a big sense of community in TV.....maybe it's just a bit fantasy...but it is there.
Old 04-10-2020, 10:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronda View Post
I'd be interesting in learning about the differences. Is it in writing somewhere? I'm new to TV. I will take your recommendation about the Resident Academy.
Village Community Development Districts
Golf The Villages
Good Golf School
https://www.golfthevillages.com/golf...e.pdf?v=032917
https://www.golfthevillages.com/golf...heVillages.pdf
https://www.golfthevillages.com/championship-golf/
https://www.golfthevillages.com/executive-golf/
Old 04-10-2020, 10:59 AM
Default Resident Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
As an resident that is not priority I am not happy that I am only paying $2 less than a priority guest. That just doesn’t seem right.
Best post on this topic
Old 04-10-2020, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowdie View Post
Best post on this topic
But we knew the rates before we moved here right?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-10-2020, 12:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
I wouldn't mind the rate increase as much if the courses here were at least interesting in design and in top shape. To me, they are boring, similar looking designs done by the developer just to maximize the real estate properties. Just my opinion. I prefer to play "off campus" at courses that are in fine shape and interesting enough to make me want to play them a second time.
The "developer" is not a golf course architect. Palmer designed 2 of the 3 nines at Legacy. Nancy Lopez designed the course with her name. John Mahaffey helped design Glenview. Professional golf course architects designed the rest. But congratulations on finding a new way to bash the "developers"
Old 04-10-2020, 01:58 PM

that should be your biggest problem right now
Old 04-11-2020, 08:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
The "developer" is not a golf course architect. Palmer designed 2 of the 3 nines at Legacy. Nancy Lopez designed the course with her name. John Mahaffey helped design Glenview. Professional golf course architects designed the rest. But congratulations on finding a new way to bash the "developers"
I've seen better designs by these designers. Must have been lowest bidders.
Old 04-11-2020, 10:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
But we knew the rates before we moved here right?
Exactly, we knew the rates before we moved here. But the rates now are nowhere close to when we moved here, and the rate escalation totally blows away the inflation rate since we moved here. It seems like the price of golf increases along the same lines as the price of health care! Go figure?
Old 04-12-2020, 06:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
I've seen better designs by these designers. Must have been lowest bidders.
Keep in mind the primary purpose for the land on which the golf courses sit. Storm water control. Golf course design comes in second.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Keep in mind the primary purpose for the land on which the golf courses sit. Storm water control. Golf course design comes in second.
Absolutely. It certainly shows.
Old 04-12-2020, 12:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Absolutely. It certainly shows.
Yes, it shows. A hurricane passed over us and no homes were flooded.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, stop, rates

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.