Golf Rates go up again!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2020, 07:11 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

It cost lots to run and maintain golf courses. Small price to have all these great opportunities to play multiple courses. I am just grateful they are there for us.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecaturFargo View Post
Yes, but where I came from, we had a Board with community people in the neighborhood who devised budgets and theyvwere presented, argued and passed or not by a majority. We had no one ruling the kingdom, as you do here.
Question, where you came from did the board set prices at the restaurants, gas stations, stores, etc. Of course not because they are private businesses. Just like the County Clubs are! The Executive courses are set by the community boards, they are separate!
Old 04-09-2020, 07:17 AM

Please message me when you find a similar community in an area with 0% inflation.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine701 View Post
When will it stop? Do we just keep saying oh well?

https://www.golfthevillages.com/images/May_Dec_2020.pdf
I’m curious as to why you think that greens fees wouldn’t increase every year. The price of most everything else increases a bit every year, some things more than others. There’s lots of materials and labor required to maintain a golf course so of course the price goes up some every year.

If you feel you get a better deal at courses outside the Villages then go play there. Many are very close and are cheaper.

When will it stop? Probably never as inflation affects almost everything (except televisions and gas).
Old 04-09-2020, 07:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
That's not allowed........
maybe you have too many post !!! I think after 2000 post you are only allowed two posts per day
Old 04-09-2020, 07:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Yes, but where I came from, we had a Board with community people in the neighborhood who devised budgets and theyvwere presented, argued and passed or not by a majority. We had no one ruling the kingdom, as you do here.
Not sure what you mean by "ruling the kingdom". The championship courses are privately owned and operated. The owner sets prices pretty much like any privately owned golf course does.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:16 AM

The rates you shared went into effect in December. Typically, winter brings on higher rates. Summer rates go into effect in June. They should be lower, but probably higher than last summer. People have often complained, and complained, and complained that our courses are not in great shape. Well, improvements cost money. Money does not grow on trees, at least, that is what my parents yelled at me all the time. Maintenance costs go up (labor, chemicals, improvements, etc.) and the cost has to be covered somehow. I come from the northern part of the country and thought I had died and gone to heaven when I moved here and saw how cheap it was going to be to support my golf habit. Now, the rates are creeping up but, they are creeping up all across the country. In my mind, we are still getting a good deal by golfing at our courses. So, I will keep golfing here. I will enjoy the company of my golfing buddies. I will enjoy the ease of making a tee time. I will enjoy the really nice people who take take our money in the pro shops (they will open again when this is all over). I will chat pleasantly with the ambassadors and starters. If you think you are not getting your money’s worth, go golf somewhere else as long as you enjoy yourself and spend time in the great outdoors. Have a pleasant day and stay safe.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:29 AM

It is what it is, we all have choices.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeM View Post
Why is it that whenever someone is unhappy with something the inevitable “when are you moving” comes out? It’s okay to be ticked over things. The Bubble is fine but at the end of the day it’s just a bunch of houses with Rec centers and golf courses. Did no one ever get annoyed with things where you came from?
It’s just another way of saying who cares. complaints don’t need to be spread across social media. People get tired of all the negativity and pettiness. Complaints can stay in a person’s own circle of family and friends
Old 04-09-2020, 08:46 AM

AGREED It seems to be all about the money. Maybe because of the GREED, there won't be much money to be had.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Your board never discussed, argued, and then passed or failed anything with respect to a privately owned entity. Our championship golf courses and country club restaurants are private, for profit businesses.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
The rates you shared went into effect in December. Typically, winter brings on higher rates. Summer rates go into effect in June. They should be lower, but probably higher than last summer. People have often complained, and complained, and complained that our courses are not in great shape. Well, improvements cost money. Money does not grow on trees, at least, that is what my parents yelled at me all the time. Maintenance costs go up (labor, chemicals, improvements, etc.) and the cost has to be covered somehow. I come from the northern part of the country and thought I had died and gone to heaven when I moved here and saw how cheap it was going to be to support my golf habit. Now, the rates are creeping up but, they are creeping up all across the country. In my mind, we are still getting a good deal by golfing at our courses. So, I will keep golfing here. I will enjoy the company of my golfing buddies. I will enjoy the ease of making a tee time. I will enjoy the really nice people who take take our money in the pro shops (they will open again when this is all over). I will chat pleasantly with the ambassadors and starters. If you think you are not getting your money’s worth, go golf somewhere else as long as you enjoy yourself and spend time in the great outdoors. Have a pleasant day and stay safe.
New rates go in affect May 1st
Old 04-09-2020, 08:57 AM
Veteran member

Just to change the subject, a little joke: The year is 2053 and this is a big day for Jack. Today is the day he opens the last roll of toilet paper that was hoarded by his parents back in 2020.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:00 AM
Default rates

its only a couple of bucks,skip 1 drink ..
Old 04-09-2020, 09:10 AM

This is one of reasons I have stayed on a variable income my whole life.!! (Wink-wink)
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, stop, rates

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.