Golf rates starting June 1st are out

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2022, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,067 Times in 2,743 Posts
Default Golf rates starting June 1st are out

Just checked “Golf the Villages” and the new Championship rates are out. In general for a resident member, morning and afternoon rates are up $2 and the evening rate is up $1 from last year. Can’t compare Southern Oaks to last year since it wasn’t open, however, Southern Oaks is charging a $3 premium versus other courses considered top tier.

On another note, has anyone else noticed how empty many of the courses have been in May, especially during the second half of the afternoon wave? Perhaps the strategy of extending the busy season rates another month (through May instead of April) is not working out as planned and will be reconsidered next year????
Old 05-14-2022, 09:30 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
On another note, has anyone else noticed how empty many of..........................
Everything is more empty.

I think we are getting back to more "end of snowbird season".

With less COVID, people are not extending their stays in TV.

Feels more like three or four years ago.
Old 05-14-2022, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Did you notice ? Priority member is gone and substituted is enhancement member.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Everything is more empty.

I think we are getting back to more "end of snowbird season".

With less COVID, people are not extending their stays in TV.

Feels more like three or four years ago.
Less Covid or people choosing to ignore it’s existence? It’s currently exploding up north in the greater Boston area according to various family members, including our daughter who just started feeling sick and tested positive.

Have noticed how quickly everything got more empty in the Villages. Went north towards the end of March and came back three weeks later and it’s like a totally different place. I’m guessing Easter is the true demarcation point between busy and slow season, not the end of May.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:16 AM
Veteran member
Default Rates

Quote:
Just checked “Golf the Villages” and the new Championship rates are out. In general for a resident member, morning and afternoon rates are up $2 and the evening rate is up $1 from last year. Can’t compare Southern Oaks to last year since it wasn’t open, however, Southern Oaks is charging a $3 premium versus other courses considered top tier.

On another note, has anyone else noticed how empty many of the courses have been in May, especially during the second half of the afternoon wave? Perhaps the strategy of extending the busy season rates another month (through May instead of April) is not working out as planned and will be reconsidered next year????
Posted greens fee rates don't reflect added sales tax, correct?
Old 05-14-2022, 12:15 PM
Default the village golf course are in bad shape no grass !

Quote:

The village golf course mow the grass way to LOW !
Old 05-14-2022, 03:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Posted greens fee rates don't reflect added sales tax, correct?
Correct. Up until a couple years ago posted green fees included sales tax, but not anymore.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,604 Times in 942 Posts

Any idea why they make it so confusing? Why not one price for 18 holes, same on all courses.

(Maybe confusing isn’t the correct word, too complex maybe)

Last edited by Papa_lecki; 05-14-2022 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Any idea why they make it so confusing? Why not one price for 18 holes, same on all courses.
Different rates for morning, afternoon, and evening are because of differences in demand for the different times of the day, as well as increased likelihood of thunder and lightning as the day progresses during the hotter months. Ten out of the thirteen courses have identical rates, my guess regarding the other three courses are as follows. Orange Blossom has the cheapest rates because it’s the original course and is viewed by many as a lesser quality course and therefore has less demand. Hacienda Hills also has cheaper rates, falling between Orange Blossom and the other courses. I would guess the discounted rates are also because of lesser demand, most likely because the clubhouse and restaurant have been torn down and there are several other Championship golfing options in the area with full facilities. Southern Oaks is the third course, which charges a premium versus all 12 of the other courses. Given that the course offers nothing special versus the other courses, does not have a clubhouse or restaurant, and plays along the turnpike, the fact that it is the only game in town south of 44 is the only logical reason for its premium price.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
The village golf course mow the grass way to LOW !
Are you referring to the hard pack?
Old 05-15-2022, 05:20 AM
Veteran member

The premium at Southern Oaks is for the additional turnpike view and noise you get to enjoy.
Old 05-15-2022, 05:20 AM
Veteran member

Not confusing or complex.
Old 05-15-2022, 05:33 AM

Has anyone else noticed that the majority of those coming down with Covid have been "vaccinated" or the number of unexplained deaths in people under the age of 50? Any correlation to the vaccine? Just saying.
Old 05-15-2022, 05:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
Not confusing or complex.
What I meant, one price, all courses.

I understand a different price for each of the waves.

It’s not like one course is $75 and another is $40. It’s a $2 difference from Hacienda Hills to most of the courses, then $3 to Southern Oaks.
Old 05-15-2022, 05:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the majority of those coming down with Covid have been "vaccinated" or the number of unexplained deaths in people under the age of 50? Any correlation to the vaccine? Just saying.
How does this relate to greens fees?
Closed Thread

Tags
rates, year, southern, afternoon, oaks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.