Golf rates starting June 1st are out

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2022, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
They are trying to raise funds so they can have a trash can on every hole.
hopefully cigarette butts will go into those new trash cans...
Old 05-15-2022, 11:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

Literally, every week, there’s a post here about some course being in terrible condition. So it seems to me, we want nicer maintained courses.

In the last MONTH, the price of nitrogen is up 14%. That is just one chemical I found. Not sure if it’s used on golf courses or not, but in general, lawn/farming chemicals are double digit more expensive.

“Leading the way higher was urea. The nitrogen fertilizer was 14% more expensive compared to last month and had an average price of $1,031/ton, which is an all-time high price in the DTN data set.”

Inflation is close to 8 to 10%. Labor costs are up.
But yet, we complain about the greens fees. The golf course can’t lose money, it’s not sustainable for the developer.
Maybe the greens keepers know what they are doing, but they are under pressure to keep expenses down.
Which one is it - nice courses or greens fees?
Old 05-15-2022, 02:28 PM

Enhancement member? 😂 perhaps they should rethink that!
Old 05-15-2022, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat La Rosa View Post
The new rates for Priority Membership is $791.80. Same as last year with a couple of exceptions. The pools are not included and Executive Trail fees are not included. The is a $355.24 increase from last year. Talk about inflation????? I never used the pools and I only play executive once a week, otherwise I play Championship. They changed the reduced rates to June 1 this year. Yesterday I played at Cane Garden and there were 3 groups playing in the afternoon. There is no need to request a tee time now since most of the golfers are waiting for June 1st to start playing the Championship courses. I can't believe they don't see all the income they are losing by not going back to May 1 for the reduced rates. Maybe the Morse's should look at the revenue for May and June of this year and change their policy for next year. Just a suggestion.
Does anyone really believe the Morse Corporation doesn't hve a tight grip around every dime here? They are astute business people who understand profit/expense better than most.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-15-2022, 02:49 PM
Default Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
The village golf course mow the grass way to LOW !
Too low.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:30 AM

I've been here 12 years and the fairways have always been mowed short.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the majority of those coming down with Covid have been "vaccinated" or the number of unexplained deaths in people under the age of 50? Any correlation to the vaccine? Just saying.
Besides new variants, you also need to consider that most of us were fully vaccinated and boosted over a year ago and therefore waning immunity might be playing a role. Now, back to our regularly scheduled golf green fees discussion......
Old 05-16-2022, 07:46 AM

The fees included tax two years ago if you've been here that long.

So yes, they effectively made a 7% more profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
So what you are saying is that every business that collects tax keeps that money and puts it into their pockets. Please tell us what you have bought that the price included tax on the tag.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Literally, every week, there’s a post here about some course being in terrible condition. So it seems to me, we want nicer maintained courses.

In the last MONTH, the price of nitrogen is up 14%. That is just one chemical I found. Not sure if it’s used on golf courses or not, but in general, lawn/farming chemicals are double digit more expensive.

“Leading the way higher was urea. The nitrogen fertilizer was 14% more expensive compared to last month and had an average price of $1,031/ton, which is an all-time high price in the DTN data set.”

But yet, we complain about the greens fees. The golf course can’t lose money, it’s not sustainable for the developer.
Maybe the greens keepers know what they are doing, but they are under pressure to keep expenses down.
Ohhhh Papa you used way too much logic and looking at all the processes involved for most in TVG.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:21 AM
Gold member

Up until last year the "priority membership" was worth it to me, as I play twice per week on the championship courses, and we occasionally use the priority pools. By my calculations if I played roughly 80 rounds a year and used the pools/trails, I would break even. That's no longer true, due to the major price increase caused by last year's new sales tax policy plus the removal of pools and trail fees from the priority membership. I'll not be renewing my membership in July and will be sending a letter to the Golf office explaining why. I doubt that anyone in power will ever see that letter, but the Developer needs to know that if his customers are unhappy.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:58 AM

My husband has not played with the higher rates and I don't blame him. Its sad and we play the executive and they are in terrible shape. TV needs to tend to all the courses that we pay for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Just checked “Golf the Villages” and the new Championship rates are out. In general for a resident member, morning and afternoon rates are up $2 and the evening rate is up $1 from last year. Can’t compare Southern Oaks to last year since it wasn’t open, however, Southern Oaks is charging a $3 premium versus other courses considered top tier.

On another note, has anyone else noticed how empty many of the courses have been in May, especially during the second half of the afternoon wave? Perhaps the strategy of extending the busy season rates another month (through May instead of April) is not working out as planned and will be reconsidered next year????
Old 05-16-2022, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

My husband plays the Championship Courses 3 days a week year-round. He will continue to be an "enhanced member". He will not pay the separate trail fee. He rarely plays an executive course. No priority pool has zero impact.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:10 AM

Seems not so long ago, we were going out on Champ courses after 5:00, $5 - $8 for unlimited golf. Fortunately my retirement income has almost tripled (in my imagination) since those days.

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 05-18-2022, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat La Rosa View Post
The new rates for Priority Membership is $791.80. Same as last year with a couple of exceptions. The pools are not included and Executive Trail fees are not included. The is a $355.24 increase from last year. Talk about inflation????? I never used the pools and I only play executive once a week, otherwise I play Championship. They changed the reduced rates to June 1 this year. Yesterday I played at Cane Garden and there were 3 groups playing in the afternoon. There is no need to request a tee time now since most of the golfers are waiting for June 1st to start playing the Championship courses. I can't believe they don't see all the income they are losing by not going back to May 1 for the reduced rates. Maybe the Morse's should look at the revenue for May and June of this year and change their policy for next year. Just a suggestion.
HMMMMM, I think they how to run a business, and golf is a business.
Old 05-18-2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post

Plus every part time employee for the villages that were making minimum wage got a 17% raise last October and will get a 10% raise this October. That is a BIG increase in cost.
Closed Thread

Tags
rates, year, southern, afternoon, oaks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.