Golf Restrctions??

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Default Golf Restrctions??

My wife and I are visiting TV in early October, and will be looking for a home. I am an avid golfer with a 7 handicap. I've heard rumors from people up north that TV restricts the how frequently residents can make tee times. Any information on tee time policies would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

The best answer is 'no' but 'yes'.

As long as there is an open t-time and no one else wants it you can golf.

When the courses are all booked up, then the ones that have golf the most in the past week must give way to the ones that golfed the least. (simply put).
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 09-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
The best answer is 'no' but 'yes'.

As long as there is an open t-time and no one else wants it you can golf.

When the courses are all booked up, then the ones that have golf the most in the past week must give way to the ones that golfed the least. (simply put).
To continue on that, if you have the online Tee Time system from thevillages.net at $8 a month, you can probably find slots to play on almost every day.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Platinum member
Default And,

To add to what the others have posted about open slots, number of times played in a week, etc., please keep in mind that you will not always be able to get the prime time slots. This is all based on a points system..the more points, the less play. Points are kept separate for the executive and championship courses, too. Points on one do not affect the other. If you have guests, residents who do not have guests playing with them have priority regardless of your lack of points.

I'm bringing this up because we used to have a neighbor who complained that he could not get a tee-time and accused TV of false advertising for saying "you can play all the golf you want". I finally explained to him that it wasn't that he couldn't get a tee time, he just couldn't always get the time he wanted. His reply was, "Well, I don't like to play early and I don't want to play late because we can't always get finished". He wanted to play after 10:00 and before 4:00. Ain't gonna happen everyday. You just have to be flexible, keeping in mind that there are lots of golfers here and more so in the winter months.

As for "restrictions", the executive courses are for residents only and their guests. There are a couple of those that are resident only, although there is some talk of allowing residents to have guests on those, too. Anyone can play the championship courses, but if not a resident or guest of one, the fees are much higher.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
My wife and I are visiting TV in early October, and will be looking for a home. I am an avid golfer with a 7 handicap. I've heard rumors from people up north that TV restricts the how frequently residents can make tee times. Any information on tee time policies would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
This site may be of some help.

http://www.golfthevillages.com/
Old 09-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Default Any idea how frequently

during the winter that all the courses are totally booked?
Old 09-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
during the winter that all the courses are totally booked?
For the championship golf courses, you can generally get on as a single during the high season, particularly if you make tee times ahead of time. Even same day tee times are possible most of the time if you are flexible as to course and time.

Executive courses are something else. If you don't get a reservation ahead of time its difficult to impossible to get on a course.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,016 Times in 1,205 Posts
Default Priority Memberhip

Actor. If you are a 7 handicap you may want to get a priority membership. A priority membership for all 9 course is about 850.00 per year. That gives you priority for tee times over non priority members. It also gives you a reduced greens fee every time you play. I personally play in 3 groups in the villages. two groups are 40 to 60 people, the other group is about 16. We are all low to middle handicaps. We are all priority members. One person puts in for the tee times and just informs you when you play. We play every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at about noon time. We are all priority members and always get our tee times. Even if the group is 60 people. In addition, every country club has a men's day on tuesday's, and you must be a priority member to play in men's day. At last count we have approximately 200 players at 12 and below handicap in the villages. Golf is very competitive and there is lots of it. When you arrive I would be glad to meet up with you and play a round. I am a 2 handicap and love the villages, I could explain more and see if you are interested in a group or whatever. We are right now going through the Village Cup. Every country club in the villages had a qualification tournament and 12 players were selected for the team. Elimination rounds are played and then the final two teams play a ryder cup format the last week in September. That is just one example of the golf in the villages. I love it and play 3-4 times a week on the championship course and 2-3 days a week on the executives courses. (Which by the way from the back tee's are a real test of golf) Executive courses are free for priority members. No trail fee is needed. Would love to introduce you to golf in the villages. just let me know when you are coming in.

Last edited by alemorkam; 09-09-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj44 View Post
For the championship golf courses, you can generally get on as a single during the high season, particularly if you make tee times ahead of time. Even same day tee times are possible most of the time if you are flexible as to course and time.

Executive courses are something else. If you don't get a reservation ahead of time its difficult to impossible to get on a course.
That hasn't been our experience at all. We're usually at our place for the month of March and haven't had any difficulty getting on either the championship courses (as a 2-some and with guests) or the execs. You do have to be flexible as to course and time, but I rarely book more than a day or 2 ahead of time and we play almost every day. Usually we look for the left-over tee times and schedule ourselves in one of those. When my sister visited I did book ahead and got the courses I wanted within the 4 hour range I asked for. Maybe January and February are worse, but March has been ok.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.