New championship course

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Default New championship course

I have not seen any updates on the new championship course currently under construction, how is it looking and when will it open ?
Old 02-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It is beginning to look like something, but not a golf course yet. But I would guess that the way things go around here that sometime in the next few months I will go to Publix and blink and there will be flags on the greens. They are moving a lot of dirt and the wind is blowing it directly onto my furniture.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Gold member

Having never watched a golf course being built before I tend to think it looks pretty good right now. From what I can see along 466A the greens and bunkers are in place but no grass yet. Some ponds have been dug but I do not believe any water has been put in yet. I played golf in January with someone who works for the golf admin and he said everything was on track for opening in the fall of 2011.

If you go to the Vmail link below you can see the latest video of the construction and also past issues of the progress.
http://www.thevillages.com/newslette...gs-bonifay.htm
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.