Golfers - Please don't golf on Exec. courses after 4

Closed Thread
Old 04-16-2020, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
That would be VCCDD , Villages Center Community Development District. CDD's are run by an elected board chosen from the landowners within that CDD. In the VCCDD, the only landowner is the developer. The exec courses south of 466 are owned by the developer. They are , in fact, Private property.
Doesn't really matter if they are private or public, public spaces can make rules:
"Park closes at dusk"
"No alcoholic beverages"
"No smoking"
"No pets"

Individuals don't get to rewrite the rules
Old 04-17-2020, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Not a valid argument----"I pay for it"

I don't swim laps, but pay for sports pools---why can't I wade in the middle and play with my rubber duckie?

I pay school taxes, but have no kids in school---why can't I sit in a kindergarten class and finger paint with the kiddies?

I don't knit, but pay for the rec centers where they have knitting class---why cant I go there and play a trumpet?

Everything we pay for has a designated purpose and rules. Individuals cannot change the purpose or the rules because "they feel like it", or it "makes sense to them", or because they pay into the pot.

Excuse me, but now I have to go dig up "my share" of the flowers in a roundabout and plant them in my yard. Oh, yes, if I was allergic to flowers I'd still be paying for them too.
Funny...I never said 'I'. I used the pronoun 'We' as in us as a community. You imply everything has a designated purpose. Not quite true.

You cannot attend kindergarten, but you are able to use the school building for outside activities when school is not in session.

You might not swim laps, but that is your own personal choice.

You don't knit, but you can join or even start up a trumpet club that is held at one of the rec centers.

So exactly how are you impacted by the current situation with someone setting foot on a golf course? Try being a good neighbor.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
For the same reason we can’t use the dog parks as a driving range.
Well, the driving ranges are still open so it wouldn't make sense to go to a dog park to hit balls. However, as an active dog park user, you are more then welcome to go down to the park and hit balls while its closed. You must not be a very good golfer if that is all the land you need.

Oh, and if you happen to see a dog turd pile, would you be kind enough to pick it up while you are down there. There are free poop bags right next to the gate.

Thanks

Last edited by thomp679; 04-17-2020 at 03:07 AM.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
That would be VCCDD , Villages Center Community Development District. CDD's are run by an elected board chosen from the landowners within that CDD. In the VCCDD, the only landowner is the developer. The exec courses south of 466 are owned by the developer. They are , in fact, Private property.
Thanks for the information, Mulligan...balance of message isn't in response to your reply.

Now that we know the golf couses are in fact 'private property' that is owned by the developer, then wouldn't it be the developer or its representatives who should address any violations with the golf course?

Let's try to find a real world problem to be concerned about and help resolve. Did you know the food banks are low on funds? Maybe there is a neighbor that you could help out.

We are blessed if golf course issues are the only things we have to discuss.
Old 04-17-2020, 04:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
Funny...I never said 'I'. I used the pronoun 'We' as in us as a community. You imply everything has a designated purpose. Not quite true.

You cannot attend kindergarten, but you are able to use the school building for outside activities when school is not in session.

You might not swim laps, but that is your own personal choice.

You don't knit, but you can join or even start up a trumpet club that is held at one of the rec centers.

So exactly how are you impacted by the current situation with someone setting foot on a golf course? Try being a good neighbor.

It was a generic "I"

What is so hard about this?

I "choose" not to swim laps, but it doesn't give me the right to turn a sports pool into a wading pool

Someone may "choose" not to play golf, it doesn't give them the right to turn the course into a dog park or walking trail.

Pretty simple, huh?

Here's another simple concept: Instead of pleading your case on TOTV, where all you're likely to get is blowback, try contacting golf course management to get the rules changed. At the very least they will explain to you why they made the rules the way they did.

PS: "Good neighbors" don't violate the rules of the community by doing their own "thing"
Old 04-17-2020, 05:45 AM
Sage

What "mulligan" posted is not correct. The executive courses south of 466 (but north of 44) are owned by the CDDs, not the developer. I believe the executive courses south of 44 are still owned by The Developer and will eventually be turned over to the CDDs.

Quote:
Thanks for the information, Mulligan...balance of message isn't in response to your reply.

Now that we know the golf couses are in fact 'private property' that is owned by the developer, then wouldn't it be the developer or its representatives who should address any violations with the golf course?

Let's try to find a real world problem to be concerned about and help resolve. Did you know the food banks are low on funds? Maybe there is a neighbor that you could help out.

We are blessed if golf course issues are the only things we have to discuss.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:56 AM
Cool Dogs on The Golf Course

It's the ambassador's job to deal with people walking their dogs on the golf course.
Idiots are often violent. You may want to call Community Watch and report the people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Had a 3:57 tee time yesterday. Ambassador on the course couple hole behind us. We finished pick up food, on the way back, on same course 3 set of people out walking dogs.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
It was a generic "I"

I "choose" not to swim laps, but it doesn't give me the right to turn a sports pool into a wading pool

Someone may "choose" not to play golf, it doesn't give them the right to turn the course into a dog park or walking trail.

Pretty simple, huh?

Here's another simple concept: Instead of pleading your case on TOTV, where all you're likely to get is blowback, try contacting golf course management to get the rules changed. At the very least they will explain to you why they made the rules the way they did.

PS: "Good neighbors" don't violate the rules of the community by doing their own "thing"
I will keep it simple as I am not Barney Fife. I am not pleading a case as I do not walk or use the courses other than playing golf.

But I have two questions.

1) You still haven't stated the impact or damage to your life caused by the concerns of this topic?

2) Why should I be restricted to 'pleading' a case on TOTV as you continually plead your views.

In the mortal words of Barney Fife, the Villages newest after hours ambassdor...
Barney: All I'm saying is that there are some things beyond the ken of mortal man that shouldn't be tampered with. We don't know everything, Andy. There's plenty goin' on right now in the Twilight Zone that we don't know anything about and I think we oughta stay clear.
Old 04-17-2020, 10:39 AM

Quote:
It was a generic "I"

Pretty simple, huh?

Well said!
Old 04-17-2020, 12:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
I will keep it simple as I am not Barney Fife. I am not pleading a case as I do not walk or use the courses other than playing golf.

But I have two questions.

1) You still haven't stated the impact or damage to your life caused by the concerns of this topic?

2) Why should I be restricted to 'pleading' a case on TOTV as you continually plead your views.

In the mortal words of Barney Fife, the Villages newest after hours ambassdor...
Barney: All I'm saying is that there are some things beyond the ken of mortal man that shouldn't be tampered with. We don't know everything, Andy. There's plenty goin' on right now in the Twilight Zone that we don't know anything about and I think we oughta stay clear.

1) Doesn't impact me at all, other than the theoretical domino effect of allowing some people to break the rules. We already seem to "tolerate" packs of cyclists blowing thru yield and stop signs as if they were a single entity---what's next

2) I'm not trying to change an existing rule, if I were I'd be "pleading" my case to the people that count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
Well said!
Not everyone thinks so
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, golfers, people, courses, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.