Golfers - Please don't golf on Exec. courses after 4

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2020, 08:53 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts
Default Golfers - Please don't golf on Exec. courses after 4

I was talking to an Ambassador... he said if golf is shut down in The Villages, it will probably be because people are sneaking on courses after the 4pm curfew.
There are "golf haters" taking pictures of golfers, and Community Watch has been told to patrol and call the sheriff if people on the course won't leave.
Maybe you golfed after hours before with no repercussions, but this is a different time.
Please don't be selfish...
Old 04-13-2020, 09:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I was talking to an Ambassador... he said if golf is shut down in The Villages, it will probably be because people are sneaking on courses after the 4pm curfew.
There are "golf haters" taking pictures of golfers, and Community Watch has been told to patrol and call the sheriff if people on the course won't leave.
Maybe you golfed after hours before with no repercussions, but this is a different time.
Went to get mail yesterday, people walking their dogs on mangrove golf course. Course must be a dog park after 4:00 .
Old 04-13-2020, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
This has already been discussed on another thread with over 100 posts, you must of missed it. There is a difference between no teetimes after 4pm and the course is closed at 4pm. What we have is no teetimes after 4pm, and the course is always closed to walkers, joggers, dog walkers, bicyclist, residents and outsiders playing golf without going through the starter. Now, as far as what we really have. GolfingEagles explained it best on that other thread, here it is.

Quote:
The last TEE TIME is 4 PM (or 3:58 if you prefer)

What this means:

On executive courses, at 4:03, there will be groups on EVERY hole, the last group on the 1st green (hopefully)

By 5:30, the course would (hopefully) be empty, but give it to 6PM. After that, any of the self appointed golf course police can feel free to call somebody.

On championship courses, there will be groups on EVERY hole, the last ones being halfway down the 1st fairway. By 8PM (hopefully) the course should be empty, but give it to 8:15. At that point the same self appointed golf course police can call somebody. The golfers will be easily recognized by the flashlights they are carrying
I kow your next comment is, don't shoot me I'm just the messenger, I'm just telling you what the ambassador said. I'm just telling you, what he said wasn't correct. What's correct is what GolfingEagles said.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:48 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

I just don't want people WITHOUT a tee time to "jump" on the course and play. People do this. Golfing Eagles and I agree. If you have a tee time in the system (at or before 4pm... You're good.) If you sneak on the course without a tee time (after hours)... that's what will be a problem
Old 04-13-2020, 10:05 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

GolfingEagles is dead wrong, it's been explained ad nauseam.
Steve.

Last edited by anothersteve; 04-13-2020 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
GolfingEagles is dead wrong...
About what?
Old 04-14-2020, 04:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Had a 3:57 tee time yesterday. Ambassador on the course couple hole behind us. We finished pick up food, on the way back, on same course 3 set of people out walking dogs.
Old 04-14-2020, 04:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
GolfingEagles is dead wrong, it's been explained ad nauseam.
Steve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
About what?
Please explain, especially how I'm "dead wrong"
Old 04-14-2020, 06:40 AM

People should be fine for walking there dogs on golf courses and fine heavily they even walk them by the mailboxes also like they think it’s a dog park
Old 04-14-2020, 06:46 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

What is it about these dog people? They closed the dog parks so they let their dogs run loose at the Wiechens preserve, against the rules, so that is now closed to people who want to see birds. Letting them walk on the golf courses, really? Walking them in public areas and by mailboxes where some do not clean up after their animals. It must get bad because there are signs asking people not to put dog feces in the garbage cans there. Most dog owners are responsible and considerate but the ones that are not are ruining for the rest of us. Stupid and ignorant.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:02 AM

I lived on the golf course for 9 years. I also lived within four houses of the mail center. The amenities provided for the residents, such as horse shoes, shuffleboard etc are never used due to the fact that the the areas around the postal center became a dog walk. Who wants to pick up a horse shoe where dog feces residue is on the ground. Urine on the sidewalk.
Sometimes the same people drive up two or three times a day in carts or cars to walk their dogs. The sod was replaced four times while I lived there. In addition, after the course closed, especially when it stays light longer, it became a dog walk. Dogs off leashes, playing frisbee. A meeting place for dog owners to walk there dogs on the golf path. I love dogs, it is the dog owners that have ruined and take our amenities away.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Looks like a severe case of the..... I saws

I saw some one with along leash

I saw some one walk on a golf cart path

I saw some one with an extra roll of toilet paper

I saw some one parked enjoying lunch in their golf cart

List goes On and On and on
Old 04-14-2020, 07:55 AM

Closed means closed. No walkers, with or without dogs. Stay off the courses PERIOD !!!!
Old 04-14-2020, 08:03 AM
Default Golf courses as Dog Parks

Why do people think the golf courses are dog parks? We Go for a golf cart ride everyday around 6 pm and lots of dog walkers on the courses.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
I know the golf haters are infuriated because the pools and rev centers are closed. The non golfers feel like we are a privileged class - instead of cheering our ability to play safety they want to see it shut down. Haters are gonna hate...
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, golfers, people, courses, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.