Golfers - Please don't golf on Exec. courses after 4

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2020, 10:22 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

I (gasp) walked the cart path on one of the courses yesterday about 7:30 PM. Golfers were long gone. Passed a few dog walkers. The dogs were on a leash, not on the greens or tee boxes, and - I assume - the owner was responsible enough to use a doggie bag if necessary. I just don't see a problem with this.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 04-14-2020, 10:28 AM

This is my understanding also. No golfing without a tee time period. Golfers who use the courses after 4 without a tee time, will ruin the playing for everyone because the next step is to close all courses all the time. Please don't ruin this for all. Make a tee time within the open hours.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
I (gasp) walked the cart path on one of the courses yesterday about 7:30 PM. Golfers were long gone. Passed a few dog walkers. The dogs were on a leash, not on the greens or tee boxes, and - I assume - the owner was responsible enough to use a doggie bag if necessary. I just don't see a problem with this.
The problem is that you do not own this property and are therefore technically trespassing. In the event that you were involved in an accident there are also potential liability issues for the owner. Would you consider it acceptable to walk around your neighbors property when they are not home after they specifically asked you not to? I would hope not. Be considerate and just follow the rules, Please!
Old 04-14-2020, 10:40 AM
Question Why 4PM

Why would they make a 4PM tee time cut off in the first place, and how does people playing after 4PM, illegally, cause the 4PM cut off and possible complete shutdown?
Old 04-14-2020, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Looks like a severe case of the..... I saws

I saw some one with along leash

I saw some one walk on a golf cart path

I saw some one with an extra roll of toilet paper

I saw some one parked enjoying lunch in their golf cart

List goes On and On and on
thank you
Old 04-14-2020, 10:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMSr View Post
The problem is that you do not own this property and are therefore technically trespassing. In the event that you were involved in an accident there are also potential liability issues for the owner. Would you consider it acceptable to walk around your neighbors property when they are not home after they specifically asked you not to? I would hope not. Be considerate and just follow the rules, Please!
You did not answer the basic question. Since I pay the same amenity fee as everyone else and IF it is well after hours with no golfers - what harm is being done? Why should anyone on this site care?

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 04-14-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkbob View Post
Why would they make a 4PM tee time cut off in the first place, and how does people playing after 4PM, illegally, cause the 4PM cut off and possible complete shutdown?
I believe this policy originally started when the Championship courses found themselves without enough employees to fill all the the positions necessary to man the starter shacks and the pro shop. Therefore, they began to shut down the pro shops at 2 pm after everyone from the afternoon wave should have checked in. This left only the slots for the starter shacks and the ambassadors to fill.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
You did not answer the basic question. Since I pay the same amenity fee as everyone else and IF it is well after hours with no golfers - what harm is being done? Why should anyone on this site care?
If by "on this site" you are referring to Talk of The Villages the answer is that eventually those few who choose to ignore the rules will cause the courses to be shut down for the rest of us. As to who does and does not pay amenity fees I cannot see how that gives you the right to trespass. By the way, you did not mention whether you paid the trail fees or not (not that it matters).
Old 04-14-2020, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
There is no problem of keeping non golfers from the courses all the time. Has been that way since I first became a Villager (2002).....and has not been a problem.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltingg View Post
Let's be honest, the only one being selfish is the Developer. They like to play dictator since they control the Villages.
Well, well a new Developer basher.
Old 04-14-2020, 11:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Does your logic hold for climbing over the gate at a pool after hours, so you can swim?
Old 04-14-2020, 11:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMSr View Post
If by "on this site" you are referring to Talk of The Villages the answer is that eventually those few who choose to ignore the rules will cause the courses to be shut down for the rest of us. As to who does and does not pay amenity fees I cannot see how that gives you the right to trespass. By the way, you did not mention whether you paid the trail fees or not (not that it matters).
I actually do pay the trail fee for when I use my cart to golf but since I'm talking about walking along the path after all golf has ceased I don't see how that applies. The trail fee only applies to carts.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I was talking to an Ambassador... he said if golf is shut down in The Villages, it will probably be because people are sneaking on courses after the 4pm curfew.
There are "golf haters" taking pictures of golfers, and Community Watch has been told to patrol and call the sheriff if people on the course won't leave.
Maybe you golfed after hours before with no repercussions, but this is a different time.
Please don't be selfish...
So before 4:00 you can’t get the virus but after 4:00 you can?
Old 04-14-2020, 11:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Does your logic hold for climbing over the gate at a pool after hours, so you can swim?
I think you need to set up a watch post to ensure that isn't happening.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
I think you need to set up a watch post to ensure that isn't happening.
So your logic failed........

Tags
golf, golfers, people, courses, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.