Golfers that won't follow the rules

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2019, 09:37 AM
Platinum member

I agree with most of the comments about slow play, not fixing ball marks, raking traps, and going onto private property to retrieve
balls. I hope when you are fixing your ball mark, your are fixing two more as well. I know it is easier to b**ch about it, but it takes very little effort to fix. I will not go on to private property to get a ball. But if I can stand on the course an reach the ball with a 3 iron, I will retrieve it. I have never lived on a golf course and have no desire to. So it constantly amazes me when those who do complain about golf balls coming into their yards. Especially here in TV where the lots are so close to the course. These people had to know what they were signing up for?
Old 08-23-2019, 10:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I agree with most of the comments about slow play, not fixing ball marks, raking traps, and going onto private property to retrieve
balls. I hope when you are fixing your ball mark, your are fixing two more as well. I know it is easier to b**ch about it, but it takes very little effort to fix. I will not go on to private property to get a ball. But if I can stand on the course an reach the ball with a 3 iron, I will retrieve it. I have never lived on a golf course and have no desire to. So it constantly amazes me when those who do complain about golf balls coming into their yards. Especially here in TV where the lots are so close to the course. These people had to know what they were signing up for?
I understand your point BUT!!!!!
Here is my point; if you are not a golfer and was not told when purchasing a golf view lot, no one in the villages tells you what to expect.
Since Golf is such a prestigious game, it is also assumes it is a gentleman and lady respected sport. However you believe people are of character which is the farthest from the truth.
as a non golfer you would assume you might get golf balls on your property, but to have the disrespect of some golfers to brazenly defy the rules is not assumed.
So be careful what you assume people are aware of.
As the old saying goes you don't know what you don't know, and the Villages is not going to volunteer that information or they would not sell golf viewed lots at a very heavy premium!
Just my 2 cents!
Old 08-23-2019, 03:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
I understand your point BUT!!!!!
Here is my point; if you are not a golfer and was not told when purchasing a golf view lot, no one in the villages tells you what to expect.
Since Golf is such a prestigious game, it is also assumes it is a gentleman and lady respected sport. However you believe people are of character which is the farthest from the truth.
as a non golfer you would assume you might get golf balls on your property, but to have the disrespect of some golfers to brazenly defy the rules is not assumed.
So be careful what you assume people are aware of.
As the old saying goes you don't know what you don't know, and the Villages is not going to volunteer that information or they would not sell golf viewed lots at a very heavy premium!
Just my 2 cents!
You would have to be really naïve to think buying on a golf course would not involve dealing with golfers.
We are all big boys and girls and have to think for ourselves.
They do not have my sympathy...…...
Old 08-23-2019, 04:22 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Friends of ours live by a golf course and both are avid golfers, however don't come into her yard to recover a ball. In the past she has had flowers and shrubs damaged by morons with no manners or consideration looking for their ball. You would rather mess with a mama bear and her cubs than our friend.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

A couple months ago, while playing Cane Garden, I pulled a tee shot heard the unpleasant sound of the ball finding a Lanai. I went searching and then saw a guy sitting on his Lanai, I asked him if it was his house I hit....it was. I apologized and asked if I caused any damage, he said no and thanked me then showed me where the ball was and told me to get it. I was one of the only golfers that did that, he said most never drive anywhere near his house after they hit it. Why?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-23-2019, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I played Cane Garden some time ago in a foursome, and during that 18 holes, I fixed 72 ball marks; these weren't just little skid marks, they were mid to high shots coming in with no attempt at being repaired.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
A couple months ago, while playing Cane Garden, I pulled a tee shot heard the unpleasant sound of the ball finding a Lanai. I went searching and then saw a guy sitting on his Lanai, I asked him if it was his house I hit....it was. I apologized and asked if I caused any damage, he said no and thanked me then showed me where the ball was and told me to get it. I was one of the only golfers that did that, he said most never drive anywhere near his house after they hit it. Why?
Bravo and i applaud you.we all know accidents happen. The norm is run the other way and deny it.These are adults 60 to 80 years old.
One of the golfers sent his grand kid to retrieve the ball. The neighbor was in the lanai listening where they couldn't see him. The golfer said quick quick before they see you. The kid was around 15 years old. Nice example he sent to his grandson. Unbelievable. You cant make this stuff up.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:03 AM
Veteran member

Common Etiquette on golf courses: PRINTED IN THE DAILY SUN - NEEDS TO BE REPRINTED.

NEVER PLAY OR RETRIEVE A BALL FROM THE YARD OF A RESIDENT. REPORT ANY DAMAGE OF PRIVATE PROPERTY TO THE HOMEOWNER.

PLAYING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED BEYOND THE PROPERTY LINE OF OUR RESIDENT HOMES, EVEN IF NOT DESIGNATED BY WHITE OUT-OF-BOUNDS STAKES.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:10 AM
Veteran member

Wait until they start looking in your windows. You must be very lonely
Old 08-24-2019, 07:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
Common Etiquette on golf courses: PRINTED IN THE DAILY SUN - NEEDS TO BE REPRINTED.

NEVER PLAY OR RETRIEVE A BALL FROM THE YARD OF A RESIDENT. REPORT ANY DAMAGE OF PRIVATE PROPERTY TO THE HOMEOWNER.

PLAYING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED BEYOND THE PROPERTY LINE OF OUR RESIDENT HOMES, EVEN IF NOT DESIGNATED BY WHITE OUT-OF-BOUNDS STAKES.
well said but i guess some golfers cant read either, l.o.l
Closed Thread

Tags
golfers, follow, rules, jezzzzzz, sand

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.