Golfers that won't follow the rules

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2019, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Urban decay has infiltrated our golfing community .Dress code isn't enforced on golf course or the putting greens, ambassadors spend more time on cell phones parked under trees than telling groups to pick up the pace.
I have seen carts drive across greens people with pull carts doing the same
Pools people are starting to smoke vape and whatever. When was the last time your ID at the pool was checked ? There was time it was almost annoying
The focus is on the build in Fenny area were old hat .
Old 08-21-2019, 09:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I understand your frustration Chelleybean. I can't Golf anymore but really love Golf and all the nice things that go along with participating while on the course.

I started out Caddying for Free as a teenager. I learned the rules from other Caddies and from the Golfers I carried for. It was 50 years ago. Rules were there to be followed. Times have changed. It's sad.

We have a friend that we check on who lives in the wrong spot on a Championship Course. His house gets nailed all day long with Golf Balls off the Tee. He told us Twenty Years ago that people would leave a note or acknowledge the damage they caused but NEVER go on a hunt for the ball.

It isn't that way anymore.

People are not going to change for the better either. The Good Old Days Are A Memory as per our friend. What a great person he is. Sorry for rambling but I feel your pain.
THANK YOU for your sympathy, your are correct the old days are gone.However a lot of the 60 to 70 year olds are the violators of the rules. The ambassadors are useless and they have told me they have no authority and if they discipline these golfers they get in trouble. I have a friend that has a house on a champion course that suffers the same as your friend and the course was designed wrong and the lots to close to the course fairway.
The golfers think they can go where ever they want on to private property.
The cops come there frequently i heard to discipline the golf course and golfers and have gone as far as trespass people off the property to get there attention. I also heard the cops are fed up with all the bad behavior on these courses and it ties up alot of there resources. I am told by my friend that the police have arrested players on the course for fighting among themselves over the game. Unbelievable, you can't make this stuff up. These are adults in there 60's and 70's that should know better!
Old 08-21-2019, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Time for a Happy Gilmore fix:

Happy Gilmore Trailer - YouTube

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2019, 10:42 AM
Veteran member

lmao Thank You i forgot totally about that movie!
Old 08-21-2019, 10:44 AM

Stay out of yards. White sticks indicate the property on the other side is private. While I don’t care if u pick up your ball, I do not want u hitting out of my yard. I’m the one that has to replace the sod.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Ignorance is only an legidiment excuse for new golfers during their first hand full of rounds. After that it is either stupidity or simply being lazy.
I agree. After that it's arrogance.

Friends of ours played with a stranger who was added in to make up foursome. When our friend noticed he wasn't raking the sand traps, he said something to him about the rule (nicely). The guy replied, "I'm paying $3500 a month rent here. I'm not raking any sand trap."

A real jackwagon.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
Why is it that golfers won't follow the rules on the golf courses.
I see them going on provide property , in ponds, driving on the greens , and not smoothing out the sand traps.
JEZZZZZZ!!!!
What is it the entitlement or they figure they can go where ever they want!
I refer to them as Villagers
Old 08-21-2019, 03:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Biggest problem I have is slow play. Just yesterday my threesome teed off at Havana (Kilimanjaro) at 1:00. Holes 1 thru 4 we played without delay, didn't even see any group in front of us. As soon as we went through the Buena Vista tunnel to the 5th hole. There was a group on the green, a group in the fairway, a group on the tee and a second group on the tee waiting in their cart. We waited 25 minutes at the fifth tee before we could go. I asked the Ambassador when he came by, what was the delay, he said the 11:56 group was holding everyone up. However, we asked if he had talked to them, he said, they are on time, you're allowed 2+15 minutes to play that nine.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:21 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

Some of the retirees in TV referred to in prior posts are new to the game of golf or very rarely played golf prior to retirement. Yes, they should go to “good golf school” which is regularly offered here in TV. From my personal observations, most of the instances of poor golf etiquette occurs on the Executive Courses but occasionally on Championship Courses too. There are a few who know the so called “golf rules” but lack patience on our courses. Having said that, it’s still a wonderful game and one that many can play years after we retired. Fore!
Old 08-22-2019, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
THANK YOU for your sympathy, your are correct the old days are gone.However a lot of the 60 to 70 year olds are the violators of the rules. The ambassadors are useless and they have told me they have no authority and if they discipline these golfers they get in trouble. I have a friend that has a house on a champion course that suffers the same as your friend and the course was designed wrong and the lots to close to the course fairway.
The cops come there frequently i heard to discipline the golf course and golfers and have gone as far as trespass people off the property to get there attention. I also heard the cops are fed up with all the bad behavior on these courses and it ties up alot of there resources. I am told by my friend that the police have arrested players on the course for fighting among themselves over the game. Unbelievable, you can't make this stuff up. These are adults in there 60's and 70's that should know better!
Old 08-22-2019, 08:08 PM

You’re welcome to come into our yard anytime to retrieve a ball that has gone astray. I know your pain!
Old 08-23-2019, 02:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Is there a sign of the age of golfer on the cart, so you can make that determination of that 60 & 70yo are the bad golfers. Or just guesstimate on your part because they look younger due to better lifestyle. What kind of golfers are the 40 to 60yo?
Then again the I Heard conversation is the most reliable source to some.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:20 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Biggest problem I have is slow play. Just yesterday my threesome teed off at Havana (Kilimanjaro) at 1:00. Holes 1 thru 4 we played without delay, didn't even see any group in front of us. As soon as we went through the Buena Vista tunnel to the 5th hole. There was a group on the green, a group in the fairway, a group on the tee and a second group on the tee waiting in their cart. We waited 25 minutes at the fifth tee before we could go. I asked the Ambassador when he came by, what was the delay, he said the 11:56 group was holding everyone up. However, we asked if he had talked to them, he said, they are on time, you're allowed 2+15 minutes to play that nine.
Twice in the last couple of months my group has followed a foursome on "Men's Day" on championship courses, and it was a disaster. Why, when a foursome is playing a scramble, does it take over five hours for them to play 18? It's because they take forever to putt out. You would think they are playing for thousands of dollars. The ambassadors laugh about it, and they will commiserate with you, but since there are several foursomes in a row playing in the same obnoxious way, they can't do anything about it. Time to end Men's Day?
Old 08-23-2019, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RErmer View Post
You’re welcome to come into our yard anytime to retrieve a ball that has gone astray. I know your pain!������
lol. post your address and course hole if you dare!
My neighbor will be happy to send them all over to your place to retrieve there balls.
Lets see how long that last!
Old 08-23-2019, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

The ambassadors here are nice people who keep you hydrated and make sure you have sand for your divot bottle. Occasionally they will try to move along a group.

Up north they were marshals/rangers and were enforcers with some teeth. The starter set the tone for quick play. Raking the traps and fixing divots and ball marks were a given for the players. More of golf etiquette than fear of reprisals. Of course, that was always in the background. But grumpy starters and enforcer rangers were secondary compared to those angels of mercy, the drink cart girls.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
golfers, follow, rules, jezzzzzz, sand

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.