Good Golfer Rewards and Drawing for Priority Membership

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I gotten many of those certificates for staying off the golf course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by renrod View Post
They could give them out at the mailbox facility to those who are carrying a poop bag when they leave the station and not deposit it in the trash.
OH NO, I can't believe I said that.
Excellent!
Old 08-01-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I believe residents, at least priority members, automatically get 10% off anything in the pro shops. I feel it is a little disingenuous to offer a "reward" for a good deed, when it really isn't anything we already get.
I think the reward coupon entitles the bearer to an additional 10% off.

I used one reward coupon several years ago and I think I got the 10% plus an additional 10%.

But that really doesn't add up to 20% off, because the additional 10% comes off after the original 10% is deducted.

THAT MATH REALLY WON"T MAKE SENSE TO A LOT OF PEOPLE!!!

They think a "sale" item that is 25% off and marked down another 50% gets them 75% off. NOT TRUE
Old 08-02-2016, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore2 View Post
And yet you went into great detail (I mean seriously, who counts how many ball marks they fix or how much sand they use in a round? ) to describe your own 'good behavior?'

I have received about a dozen of these coupons in the last few years, but keep forgetting to turn them in.

I don't do it for the coupons (or to keep count), I do it because it's the thing that a considerate golfer does without even thinking about it.

As to the OP, I think it is left up to each Ambassador and it is more the 'luck of the draw' if they see something or choose to give you one.

Please don't stop doing the right thing though.....as the rest of us really appreciate it.
People do different things to stay loose and I stay loose by helping keep the courses better than what I find them and not engaging in meaningless chitchat while playing. One can only take so much of listening to someone drone on about their complete medical history while playing so I fix marks, divots and traps to pass that time; don't worry, I don't hold the group up or slow groups behind me when doing this tidying up.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:44 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
People do different things to stay loose and I stay loose by helping keep the courses better than what I find them and not engaging in meaningless chitchat while playing. One can only take so much of listening to someone drone on about their complete medical history while playing so I fix marks, divots and traps to pass that time; don't worry, I don't hold the group up or slow groups behind me when doing this tidying up.
Sounds like you don't enjoy the people you golf with.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore2 View Post
And yet you went into great detail (I mean seriously, who counts how many ball marks they fix or how much sand they use in a round? ) to describe your own 'good behavior?'

I have received about a dozen of these coupons in the last few years, but keep forgetting to turn them in.

I don't do it for the coupons (or to keep count), I do it because it's the thing that a considerate golfer does without even thinking about it.

As to the OP, I think it is left up to each Ambassador and it is more the 'luck of the draw' if they see something or choose to give you one.

Please don't stop doing the right thing though.....as the rest of us really appreciate it.

LOL, I noticed the same thing. And found the "look at me" accusation quite ironic.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Fair enough.
And the bottom line is you get a 10% discount on merchandise that is outrageously over priced.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancusa View Post
And the bottom line is you get a 10% discount on merchandise that is outrageously over priced.
Like all country club pro shops.............................
Old 08-03-2016, 08:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Sounds like you don't enjoy the people you golf with.
Some I do, some I don't. I just go out and focus on playing the best I can.

Tags
tee, waiting, cards, golfer, entry

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.