A good news thread.

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
 
Old 06-10-2020, 10:13 PM
tophcfa tophcfa is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Wherever I happen to be.
Posts: 1,910
Thanks: 597
Thanked 1,312 Times in 444 Posts
Default A good news thread.

It looks like the Silver Lake Executive golf course will be renovated instead of being turned into a glorified miniature golf course for twice the cost of the renovation of the existing course. Great decision, YAAAAAA.
 
Old 06-11-2020, 04:04 AM
Two Bills Two Bills is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,719
Thanks: 272
Thanked 1,304 Times in 489 Posts
Default

There have been several good news threads slipping through the net lately, and I have complained repeatedly to the Moderators about this trend.
This is a general information, and bitching board, and should not be corrupted with all this mamby pamby, isn't life good stuff.
However on this occasion I will not press the Mods. to remove the post.
This is very good news and for once, common sense has prevailed.
In regards to the improvement, as a personal plea, I hope they do not get the idea to put in bunkers around the greens.
Even back in the day when I had a reasonable game, sand was always my nemesis. Hate the stuff!
 
Old 06-11-2020, 06:32 AM
Dr Winston O Boogie jr's Avatar
Dr Winston O Boogie jr Dr Winston O Boogie jr is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6,433
Thanks: 0
Thanked 420 Times in 156 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
It looks like the Silver Lake Executive golf course will be renovated instead of being turned into a glorified miniature golf course for twice the cost of the renovation of the existing course. Great decision, YAAAAAA.
Do you have any details you can share? From what I've seen, The Villages idea of restoration amounts to scrapping off the top layer of sod and replacing it with sod that dies a year later because the underlying issues were not addressed.

That course really needs to be redesigned and built from scratch.
__________________
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
 
Old 06-11-2020, 06:54 AM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,260
Thanks: 2
Thanked 903 Times in 456 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
There have been several good news threads slipping through the net lately, and I have complained repeatedly to the Moderators about this trend.
This is a general information, and bitching board, and should not be corrupted with all this mamby pamby, isn't life good stuff.
However on this occasion I will not press the Mods. to remove the post.
This is very good news and for once, common sense has prevailed.
In regards to the improvement, as a personal plea, I hope they do not get the idea to put in bunkers around the greens.
Even back in the day when I had a reasonable game, sand was always my nemesis. Hate the stuff!
Is this with tongue in cheek? If not where did you come up with this description?
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
 
Old 06-11-2020, 07:51 AM
Bay Kid's Avatar
Bay Kid Bay Kid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Posts: 2,934
Thanks: 274
Thanked 558 Times in 266 Posts
Default

Great news!
 
Old 06-11-2020, 08:09 AM
Two Bills Two Bills is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,719
Thanks: 272
Thanked 1,304 Times in 489 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Is this with tongue in cheek? If not where did you come up with this description?
Both cheeks!
 

Tags
golf, glorified, miniature, cost, renovation
Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.