A good news thread.

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2020, 10:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts
Default A good news thread.

It looks like the Silver Lake Executive golf course will be renovated instead of being turned into a glorified miniature golf course for twice the cost of the renovation of the existing course. Great decision, YAAAAAA.
Old 06-11-2020, 04:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

There have been several good news threads slipping through the net lately, and I have complained repeatedly to the Moderators about this trend.
This is a general information, and bitching board, and should not be corrupted with all this mamby pamby, isn't life good stuff.
However on this occasion I will not press the Mods. to remove the post.
This is very good news and for once, common sense has prevailed.
In regards to the improvement, as a personal plea, I hope they do not get the idea to put in bunkers around the greens.
Even back in the day when I had a reasonable game, sand was always my nemesis. Hate the stuff!
Old 06-11-2020, 06:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
It looks like the Silver Lake Executive golf course will be renovated instead of being turned into a glorified miniature golf course for twice the cost of the renovation of the existing course. Great decision, YAAAAAA.
Do you have any details you can share? From what I've seen, The Villages idea of restoration amounts to scrapping off the top layer of sod and replacing it with sod that dies a year later because the underlying issues were not addressed.

That course really needs to be redesigned and built from scratch.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
There have been several good news threads slipping through the net lately, and I have complained repeatedly to the Moderators about this trend.
This is a general information, and bitching board, and should not be corrupted with all this mamby pamby, isn't life good stuff.
However on this occasion I will not press the Mods. to remove the post.
This is very good news and for once, common sense has prevailed.
In regards to the improvement, as a personal plea, I hope they do not get the idea to put in bunkers around the greens.
Even back in the day when I had a reasonable game, sand was always my nemesis. Hate the stuff!
Is this with tongue in cheek? If not where did you come up with this description?
Old 06-11-2020, 07:51 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,107 Times in 1,339 Posts

Great news!
Old 06-11-2020, 08:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Is this with tongue in cheek? If not where did you come up with this description?
Both cheeks!
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, glorified, miniature, cost, renovation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.