green fee whining

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2020, 07:09 AM
Default green fee whining

I am appalled by the high green fees also. however whining here will do nothing....
if someone were to organize, and pass out boycott leaflets sometime at the golf courses, and give a timeframe as to when to boycott these fees, I would certainly boycott for the designated period of time...
there are plenty of off property courses begging for our money, cheap too
Old 01-07-2020, 07:12 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Old 01-07-2020, 07:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Ah yes. The old "I want to do something, but I want someone else to do the work".
Old 01-07-2020, 07:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I agree.

Old 01-07-2020, 07:55 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Publix priced a can of soup over $1.

I'm boycotting.

Old 01-07-2020, 08:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

My last SECO bill indicated electricity costs will be more this year.
Please include them on any flyer.
PS: How do I stop receiving electricity?
Old 01-07-2020, 08:56 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

So glad ALL these courses are available for me to play whenever I desire.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Ah yes. The old "I want to do something, but I want someone else to do the work".
I call it...... making the snowballs and getting someone else to throw them.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:58 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh
Default Boycott

A one day boycott is like throwing a pebble into the ocean and expecting to see a tidal wave. Neither works.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I call it...... making the snowballs and getting someone else to throw them.
Oh that's good. May I steal??
Old 01-08-2020, 06:50 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

Do you want the employees to get a "living wage" or maybe a pay raise this year? Do you want the courses to be maintained properly? Do you really think that prices will never go up just because you bought here or you realtor "said so"?

The championship courses are a business, and businesses have to make money or they go out of business. It never ceases to amaze me that people move here to The Villages and then all of a sudden forget how the world works and think they should be immune to the realities of economics.

Here's another shocker that most people don't realize. When we get lot of rains and the retention ponds start to bulge with glut of water, were does it go? To the golf courses, both the executive and championship courses, yes this is an inconvenience when the courses have to shut down to accommodate this major function they were designed to carry out, and the whining kicks in on day one.

Closing down an executive course to dump water has only the inconvenience of residents who want to play there, fortunately this normally happens during the slow season and there are plenty of other open tee times available at other course to accommodate you. Remember this courses still have to be staffed and maintained even if no one is play them during the water dumping.

Closing down a championship course to dump the rain water is much more impactful. Yes, residents are inconvenienced by this and have to find alternate course to play, again during the slow season the makes plenty of tee times available. For the business the impact is much more profound, water dumping costs them revenue. No one playing means no cash coming in. If the dumping is happening on more that 9 holes (of a 27 course) the entire course is basically shut down. Well, the revenue side is shutdown, the cost side doesn't shutdown. The greens keepers are still working and taking care of the course. The restaurants and the pro shops stay open but business is dead slow, and the employees still get paid. The cost to the business owner is huge, as is the benefits to the residents by having hundreds of acres to dump the water. How do they recover from this? They don't. They receive no remediation or compensation for their loss while the courses are closed. They have to absorb the cost and expense. Should we do a special assessment to the residents for water dumping when they have to close to accommodate and pay them for their lost revenue? The championship courses would be justified in refusing to close for water dumping and put the burden fully on the executive courses. Of course then the whiners would be screaming "greedy developer" as always, never seeing the other side of the coin.

A 2 or 3 dollar increase in green fees, get over it. Your social security went up more than that, or maybe you would forgo the SS increase and keep the greens fees the same? But then of course the whining would begin there with "I'm a poor retiree living on social security...".

Remember, the world still turns, businesses still have to operate and make a profit, and just because you're retired doesn't mean any of this will stop.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 01-08-2020, 06:55 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Don't we have to say, Peoplecott??

Let's not be chauvinistic.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
My last SECO bill indicated electricity costs will be more this year.
Please include them on any flyer.
PS: How do I stop receiving electricity?
I can help with this one.
Stop paying the bill.
You will stop receiving electricity within 90 days.
Sorry, had to say it.
I'll see myself out... lol
Old 01-08-2020, 07:55 AM
Default greens fees

The Greens Fees really didn't go up that much. The fact that The Villages did NOT have FALL rates, and kept the lower Summer rates until January made them look like they went up a lot. They are high, but. not as high as people are whining about. We just plan to play more on the Executive courses, or "off campus" during this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
I am appalled by the high green fees also. however whining here will do nothing....
if someone were to organize, and pass out boycott leaflets sometime at the golf courses, and give a timeframe as to when to boycott these fees, I would certainly boycott for the designated period of time...
there are plenty of off property courses begging for our money, cheap too
Old 01-08-2020, 07:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Do you want the employees to get a "living wage" or maybe a pay raise this year? Do you want the courses to be maintained properly? Do you really think that prices will never go up just because you bought here or you realtor "said so"?

The championship courses are a business, and businesses have to make money or they go out of business. It never ceases to amaze me that people move here to The Villages and then all of a sudden forget how the world works and think they should be immune to the realities of economics.

Here's another shocker that most people don't realize. When we get lot of rains and the retention ponds start to bulge with glut of water, were does it go? To the golf courses, both the executive and championship courses, yes this is an inconvenience when the courses have to shut down to accommodate this major function they were designed to carry out, and the whining kicks in on day one.

Closing down an executive course to dump water has only the inconvenience of residents who want to play there, fortunately this normally happens during the slow season and there are plenty of other open tee times available at other course to accommodate you. Remember this courses still have to be staffed and maintained even if no one is play them during the water dumping.

Closing down a championship course to dump the rain water is much more impactful. Yes, residents are inconvenienced by this and have to find alternate course to play, again during the slow season the makes plenty of tee times available. For the business the impact is much more profound, water dumping costs them revenue. No one playing means no cash coming in. If the dumping is happening on more that 9 holes (of a 27 course) the entire course is basically shut down. Well, the revenue side is shutdown, the cost side doesn't shutdown. The greens keepers are still working and taking care of the course. The restaurants and the pro shops stay open but business is dead slow, and the employees still get paid. The cost to the business owner is huge, as is the benefits to the residents by having hundreds of acres to dump the water. How do they recover from this? They don't. They receive no remediation or compensation for their loss while the courses are closed. They have to absorb the cost and expense. Should we do a special assessment to the residents for water dumping when they have to close to accommodate and pay them for their lost revenue? The championship courses would be justified in refusing to close for water dumping and put the burden fully on the executive courses. Of course then the whiners would be screaming "greedy developer" as always, never seeing the other side of the coin.

A 2 or 3 dollar increase in green fees, get over it. Your social security went up more than that, or maybe you would forgo the SS increase and keep the greens fees the same? But then of course the whining would begin there with "I'm a poor retiree living on social security...".

Remember, the world still turns, businesses still have to operate and make a profit, and just because you're retired doesn't mean any of this will stop.
As always, accurate, logical, and on point. Unfortunately, there are those who already know and there are those who don't want to know.
Closed Thread

Tags
boycott, green, fees, courses, whining

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.