Green Fees Explode

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2019, 08:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
...18 holes on a par 72 Championship course is real golf...
Do you know how many of the world’s greatest golf courses you eliminate with that remark?
Old 12-18-2019, 09:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Do you know how many of the world’s greatest golf courses you eliminate with that remark?
Point taken and very true. My comment was within the contex of golf in the Villages, where just about all of the Championship courses are par 72. Tierra del Sol is a 71, depending on how you score hole number 16. I play from the white tees, but on 16 at Tierra I play from the back T and play the hole as a par 5 so the course is a par 72.
Old 12-18-2019, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Mini golf versus real golf, not the same. And many seniors can't hoof it, knee and hip replacements require riding in ones golf cart.

Sure, my wife and I occasionally play an executive and have fun if we don't get stuck behind some really slow groups, but I don't feel like we played any real golf. 18 holes on a par 72 Championship course is real golf. And during the winter months, when you are paying for two resident members, real golf in the bubble has become really expensive.
The knee and hip replacements are why a lot of ex- 'Real Golfers' play Excutive Courses.
Wife and I have played on executive courses with quite a few 'Real Golfers' and in a lot of cases their short games are poor.
Hit the ball for miles yes, around the greens not so good, and always pick up the short 2-3 foot putt as a gimme.'
Do a lot of them good to play a few more rounds on the Execs!
Closed Thread

Tags
green, fees, imagine, thing, increasing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.