greens fees

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The rates are the most expensive from 10/15 to 12/30 and then go up even more 1/1 to 4/30. Last winter I waited until the end of October and took out a six month membership for 3 courses, your choice. That cost $490, I chose Mallory, Cane and Havana. November and December it knocks your fee down $10 and from January to April it reduces the green fees $15, this also includes your trail fee on the executive courses ($110 value). I figured if I played a championship course twice a week I actually came out $100 ahead.

Cane Garden seems to be always in bad shape, so I would probably leave that off next time. Palmer I like the course but their green fees are inflated even with a membership. Since I've had a chance to play Glenview a few times I would definitely put that on my membership list.

I'm considering not paying the membership this winter and play off campus instead. Most of the golfers in my circle are going to be playing elsewhere this winter as well. Plus I don't play the executives so I get no benefit there and I found trying to play twice a week during the winter is a sometimes hard to do.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
The rates are the most expensive from 10/15 to 12/30 and then go up even more 1/1 to 4/30. Last winter I waited until the end of October and took out a six month membership for 3 courses, your choice. That cost $490, I chose Mallory, Cane and Havana. November and December it knocks your fee down $10 and from January to April it reduces the green fees $15, this also includes your trail fee on the executive courses ($110 value). I figured if I played a championship course twice a week I actually came out $100 ahead.

Cane Garden seems to be always in bad shape, so I would probably leave that off next time. Palmer I like the course but their green fees are inflated even with a membership. Since I've had a chance to play Glenview a few times I would definitely put that on my membership list.

I'm considering not paying the membership this winter and play off campus instead. Most of the golfers in my circle are going to be playing elsewhere this winter as well. Plus I don't play the executives so I get no benefit there and I found trying to play twice a week during the winter is a sometimes hard to do.
We appreciate the extra info and tips on different courses. This will be our first trip to TV, mainly to see if it is suitable for us to purchase and make it our winter retreat. And golf is a key ingredient for that!
Old 08-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowder View Post
We appreciate the extra info and tips on different courses. This will be our first trip to TV, mainly to see if it is suitable for us to purchase and make it our winter retreat. And golf is a key ingredient for that!
Don't forget your checkbook. Never know you might see that dream home.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:55 PM

Yea I know what you mean maybe we should start making our winter tee times now
Old 08-22-2012, 06:49 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
I'll say getting a tee time is a bit different - here it is in the dead heat of summer and I can't for the life of me get an early tee time for 4 during the next week. Can't even imagine what it will be like in the winter.
I never have a problem getting early tee time on Executive!! Are you putting request in early? (Like 6-7 days?) And, are you asking for more then one course?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
I'll say getting a tee time is a bit different - here it is in the dead heat of summer and I can't for the life of me get an early tee time for 4 during the next week. Can't even imagine what it will be like in the winter.
In the summer everyone wants the most sought after early morning tee times. I happen to pick any course and walk on at 1PM works for me cheaper and no waiting and no one in front of you. In winter tee time matters less in fact the PM times are more sought after because it is warmer so there are more "prime" tee times.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.