GX-7 Driver

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2018, 08:43 PM
Default GX-7 Driver

Anyone have or used one of these. Any comments? Their ads are everywhere.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:25 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

It's the indian...not the arrow. You can not(no matter what the advertising says)buy a longer straighter golf shot. It is earned through hard work. Sure you might hit one or two straighter shots that go further(most airborne shots do). But on the whole unless you're using some cheap clubs there is no magic club to correct your swing imperfections...sorry.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
It's the indian...not the arrow. You can not(no matter what the advertising says)buy a longer straighter golf shot. It is earned through hard work. Sure you might hit one or two straighter shots that go further(most airborne shots do). But on the whole unless you're using some cheap clubs there is no magic club to correct your swing imperfections...sorry.
Of course, you are right about buying a golf swing but there have been major game improvement clubs come out that help the average golfer. I run a golf shop back in the eighties and shafts alone are light years better than then. As for the club that the OP was speaking of I know a guy that has one and it was alright but nothing really fantastic. He did claim it helped him hit it a little higher. I hit it and it seemed solid but that is about all I could say for it.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:38 AM

I use the GX-7 line of clubs -- 14* "Driver", 18* "5 Wood" and 21* "7 Wood". I like them and I usually have straighter shots. I especially like the 18* and 21* off the fairways.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:21 AM
Veteran member
Default The sweet spot is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds51 View Post
Of course, you are right about buying a golf swing but there have been major game improvement clubs come out that help the average golfer. I run a golf shop back in the eighties and shafts alone are light years better than then. As for the club that the OP was speaking of I know a guy that has one and it was alright but nothing really fantastic. He did claim it helped him hit it a little higher. I hit it and it seemed solid but that is about all I could say for it.
a lot larger. The weighting makes it easier to get the ball up into the air and the better clubs have frequency matched shafts. While all of these things "can" make a difference they will not turn a mid to high(15+ approx.)handicapper into a better golfer. A club/ball that help hit it further are nice if you're hitting in the short grass beforehand. Otherwise you're just 10/15 yds deeper in the wrong area(woods/rough/water).

Actually shortening the swing and swinging easier will improve a poor swing technique better than almost anything. Naturally that includes a lot of practice/time with a good teaching pro and hours chipping/putting and sand play.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:16 AM
Gold member

I don't have a GX7, but I did buy a shorter shafted, 12 degree driver that has helped my overall game. I hit it about ten yards shorter than my 10 degree driver, but I hit it lot straighter. And I can use it on the fairway or rough, assuming there is some grass under the ball. The GX7 probably does those things too.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:20 PM
Veteran member
Default You must be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I don't have a GX7, but I did buy a shorter shafted, 12 degree driver that has helped my overall game. I hit it about ten yards shorter than my 10 degree driver, but I hit it lot straighter. And I can use it on the fairway or rough, assuming there is some grass under the ball. The GX7 probably does those things too.
about a scratch player to hit a 12 degree driver off the deck or out of the rough. Impressive...
Closed Thread

Tags
comments, ads, driver, gx-7

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.