How does snowbird join leagues

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2021, 09:28 PM
Default How does snowbird join leagues

Can someone please tell me what I need to do so I can so I can be prepared I'd play golf 5 to 6 time play golf 5 to 6 times a week But would love to join a golf league a golf league or a couple during the week.
Old 07-15-2021, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

I'm a Snowflake (I come and go at various times around the year) and thru a friend, I got involved with an Executive course group. They typically have 4-5 foursomes in the winter, and drop down to 2-3 in the "off season".

The guy who makes the t-times sends out a group email the week prior, asking who wants to play the following week and those who confirm are grouped into foursomes (sometimes threesomes)...

My new neighbors have also invited me to join their groups as there is always someone who can't make their regular times...

Just go out and play, as a single. They'll hook you up with other singles (or regular groups) and soon you'll develop your own groups...

-Tom Petty
Old 07-15-2021, 02:34 PM

I started playing the Men's Day events and eventually got into a smaller group with some of the regulars (16-20) that play once a week. Other than that I usually go out another 2-3 times a week solo (we just bought Feb 2020 so never really had a chance to meet the neighbors between Covid and heading north for the summer)

If you play as often as you do, I'm assuming you'll be playing the championship course a lot, you'll want to grab a Priority Membership.

I haven't found any real "Village leagues" just the smaller groups that get together regularly.

Haven't really played many of the exec courses so I can't give you anything on them but I'll be checking in to see if others can.
Old 07-15-2021, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I'm a Snowflake (I come and go at various times around the year) and thru a friend, I got involved with an Executive course group. They typically have 4-5 foursomes in the winter, and drop down to 2-3 in the "off season".

The guy who makes the t-times sends out a group email the week prior, asking who wants to play the following week and those who confirm are grouped into foursomes (sometimes threesomes)...

My new neighbors have also invited me to join their groups as there is always someone who can't make their regular times...

Just go out and play, as a single. They'll hook you up with other singles (or regular groups) and soon you'll develop your own groups...
So pretty much the same deal as the champion courses.

That'll be on the to-do list in a few months
Old 07-17-2021, 01:50 PM

I play on Championship Courses and we tee off between 730 and 830. They are called Groups not Leagues. You must be a priority member to play in the group and the cost of that is around 780.00 a year or if you are only here 6 months a year you can buy a 6 month priority membership. The group plays 3 times a week Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The golf rates are roughly 40.00 summer, 50.00 winter. The group collects 10.00 fee for each time to play. Each weekend you get an updated noted you have earned. Send me a instant message if you are interested in something like that.
Old 07-17-2021, 05:56 PM

You write that you like to play 5 to 6 times a week, it would be kind of hard to join a regular group that only plays 2 or 3 times a week.
During snowbird season, getting tee time for a group with many points is almost impossible.
So, you would need to cut down on your amount of play per week if you want to join a group on an executive golf course. IMHO
Old 08-30-2021, 10:39 AM
Default Very novice golfer

I, too, am a snow bird spending about 8 months a year, in The Villages. I just took up golf in the last couple of years and am looking for a group to play with on a regular (once or twice a week). Like I said, I am am extreme novice, but enjoy the game. Please, let me know.
Old 09-05-2021, 01:10 PM
Default Executive Golf Group

I would love to get involved in an Executive Golf Group to play weekly, if possible.

I had a close friend that I played with, every Thursday. He was going to hook me up with Friday golf group. But, unfortunately, he passed away 2 weeks, ago.

So, if you can point me in the right direction to join a group, I would appreciate it.

Stay safe and be well,

Dave Borden
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, play, join, league, week

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.