How many rounds are played per year on the championship/executive courses?

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2023, 01:56 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,307 Times in 592 Posts
Default How many rounds are played per year on the championship/executive courses?

Does anyone know how many rounds the championship courses get each year compared to how many the executive courses get? And can you break it down any further by each course?

A starter told me that Volusia is the most popular executive course but he didn't have the actual rounds played.
Old 02-20-2023, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Wow that was easy one Internet search………….try a search it is amazing!
Golf | The Villages Florida
Old 02-20-2023, 02:56 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,307 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Wow that was easy one Internet search………….try a search it is amazing!
Golf | The Villages Florida
I saw that before I posted. Do you know the year that is from because it appears to be way out of date? It says that there are only 38 executive golf courses and 12 championship courses with 648 golf holes. There are 13 championship courses and 41 executive courses. I think the most recent executive courses were built about five or six years ago so the information is not current. The population of the Villages has grown considerably in the past five years so I am looking for current numbers.

In addition, the link does not answer my question as to how many rounds were played on each course. It just lists the total number of rounds. I was asking for information as to how many rounds were played on the individual courses. The fact that there were 1, 829,340 rounds on the executive courses does not tell us how many rounds were played at the individual courses. The reason I posed the question was because some people claim that certain courses are in much worse shape than other courses. Is it because they get more usage than other courses? Or is it something else?

If we find that the courses that are in the best shape have the lowest usage, that might be the answer but if we find that the courses that are in the best shape have the highest usage, then we have to find out why that is.
Old 02-20-2023, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
I saw that before I posted. Do you know the year that is from because it appears to be way out of date? It says that there are only 38 executive golf courses and 12 championship courses with 648 golf holes. There are 13 championship courses and 41 executive courses. I think the most recent executive courses were built about five or six years ago so the information is not current. The population of the Villages has grown considerably in the past five years so I am looking for current numbers.

In addition, the link does not answer my question as to how many rounds were played on each course. It just lists the total number of rounds. I was asking for information as to how many rounds were played on the individual courses. The fact that there were 1, 829,340 rounds on the executive courses does not tell us how many rounds were played at the individual courses. The reason I posed the question was because some people claim that certain courses are in much worse shape than other courses. Is it because they get more usage than other courses? Or is it something else?

If we find that the courses that are in the best shape have the lowest usage, that might be the answer but if we find that the courses that are in the best shape have the highest usage, then we have to find out why that is.
The mission (whatever it is ) that you are on is best supported by factual data (as you pointed out). So rather than accept opinions on here, go where the data is.

Call Golf And Tennis Administration at 352-753-3396 for more information on membership enhancements or other golf/tennis issues.
Old 02-20-2023, 08:03 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,030 Times in 726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
Does anyone know how many rounds the championship courses get each year compared to how many the executive courses get? And can you break it down any further by each course?

A starter told me that Volusia is the most popular executive course but he didn't have the actual rounds played.
There were 2,562,000 rounds of golf played on The Villages 42 Executive Courses in 2022. To my knowledge, there's no published available breakdown of individual courses. I'm sure it's public information and available from the Golf office.

Championship courses are a horse of another color, because they are privately owned. I ran thought some number last week, just out of curiosity:

There are approximately 90 Tee Times per 27 Hole Golf Course in Prime Time (1st/2nd Wave). That equals 360 Players per course. There are (10) 27 Hole courses. That equals 3600 players.

Between 8 a.m. & 3:00 PM there are 57 Tee Times at the 18 hole courses. 228 Players/course/per day. That totals 684 Players

Total Available play = +/- 4300 (18 hole rounds) per day.

For discussion purposes, let's assume that 70% of the Championship Course Tee Times are taken on a year around basis. That would mean 4300 x .7 x 364 = 1,095,640 rounds.

Feel free to check my math.
Closed Thread

Tags
rounds, courses, played, year, executive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.