How much extra would you pay for AWESOME executive conditions?

View Poll Results: Extra $$ you pay in your MONTHLY amenity fee for awesome EXECUTIVE golf conditions
$0 67 80.72%
$10 5 6.02%
$20 7 8.43%
$25 0 0%
$50 4 4.82%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2023, 09:05 AM
Default We Have this Already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
There are a lot of posts here about course conditions. If the amenity authority would make the conditions on the executives awesome, how much extra would you pay in you monthly amenity fee?
We have this “pay more for better conditions” system already - Championship courses.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

From these posts, it seems like we could improve conditions with some relatively inexpensive measures.

I don’t think they will
1)ever limit number of rounds (the number of executive courses needs to catch up to the population)
2)ever ‘kick someone off’ for behavior (i.e. driving too close to green)

What they could do
1) if you have less than a certain number of points in a period (6 months, 12 months) the starter gives you a nicely laminated card with pictographs of acceptable behavior (cart away from green, stay on cart path, how to enter a bunker, rake bunker, etc) - simple, maybe 4 or 5 etiquette things
2) increase the rate of the Marshall’s rotation, have them fixing ball marks (vs someone fixing ball mark wrong); fill divots on tee boxes and observing behavior
3) implement an email system, Marshall sees Mr Jones driving on the green, marshal has tee sheet and know Mr Jones has a green golf cart - Mr Jones gets a nice email, please keep cart off green, if you need help getting handicap placard, call this number
4) make good golf school more accessible - maybe run them at the putting greens at some of the executives, have ambassadors handing out flyers, etc.

These would cost SOME money, but not a fortune.
any other, productive, inexpensive ideas?
Old 02-07-2023, 09:27 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Your idea, while interesting, could never achieve success. Why? The executive courses here receive an incredible amount of play pressure, especially during snowbird season. Pressure, as in, every course booked solid...every day.

If the maintenance crews were somehow presented with a mountain of extra cash to work magic, each course would have to be closed for some period of time in order to work that magic. That would result in even more pressure on the courses remaining open, and fewer overall tee times. This is already done, to some extent, during the summer months. Many courses get shut down for weeks at a time to repair damage done during the high season.

Ever seen a dog chasing it's tail?
Old 02-07-2023, 09:33 AM
Default Push Carts do not damage greens

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
I observed a golfer on Tarpon Boil Thursday pushing a golf cart over the surface of 50% of the greens
any other golf course you would be tossed out
I walk all courses here with a push cart. I weigh 160 lbs. The cart weighs maybe 40 lbs with the bag and clubs, and wide wheels. I occasionally cut a corner and do WAY LESS damage than the heavy, stumble footed, cleat draging hackers out here on the green and especial around the holes. Not to mention the HDCP carts up on the aprons and the dozens of ball marks that are left for me to repair. Push Carts are NOT a part of the problem. (Wasn't me on Tarpon Boil either!)
Old 02-07-2023, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Nice insult...
Maybe, just maybe, he deserved it...
Old 02-07-2023, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
Maybe, just maybe, he deserved it...
I guess the insulting party will "deserve" their suspension, as well...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-07-2023, 10:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
That's for sure ! How L in the world would even MORE money stop people from driving RIGHT ON the green ! How would it stop people who enter a trap at the HIGHEST point, and then collapse the entire collar as they attempt to climb out the same way ? What do you do about people who drag flag poles across the green ? Those who STEP directly on the HOLE as they pull the pole ? No, think you could throw money at that monthly and never stop it. HOW are such things stopped (never entirely) on PUBLIC courses ... the rangers DO THEIR JOBS and don't try to pose as "good will" ambassadors. Probably SAVE enough money to pay their own salaries, not to mention the expense of sitting quietly and watching the courses be torn up...after all, as long as the repairs and maintenance come out of OTHER peoples' money. Hey need even more ? Just raise the monthly fees, there's always MORE where that came from, who cares about enforcing RESPECT. Respect for property is kind of "old fashioned" anyway.
Give Ambassadors shotguns with birdshot.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
If I don't play, can I sell my unused tee time?
You are over the limit on posting here for the year already, stay out of it.
Old 02-07-2023, 12:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
There are a lot of posts here about course conditions. If the amenity authority would make the conditions on the executives awesome, how much extra would you pay in you monthly amenity fee?
Short course in reality is… the developer is the one who would identify the problem, and then ultimately be in charge of any modifications or improvements...including making the decision to build or not build them.
As long as the developer keeps selling homes.....there is no problem.
Old 02-07-2023, 01:40 PM
Default Reality Check

The Villages reputation is built on free golf.........not pickle ball.........the executive courses are the biggest draw.........an AWESOME executive course condition does not exist anywhere except in tiger woods backyard. You can't do 300 rounds of golf a day on a 9 hole executive course and have great conditions. If you limited the rounds to 80 a day you would have a fighting chance but 50 of those 80 wouldn't fix their ball marks. The executive courses are just fine for their purpose. We are lucky to have so many. Besides, if you watch most of the players, awesome conditions would be wasted. It cannot happen. So I guess it was just a stupid query to begin with. I have done that before too! We forgive you and suggest you find another issue that has the possibility of happening or just join a club. As far as the executive golfers are concerned, once you reach 5 swings on a hole, pick it up or go over to the driving range. Everyone will be happier.
Old 02-11-2023, 01:57 PM

I selected $50. I'd like to see the executive courses in better shape and more of them.
Old 02-11-2023, 02:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote:
Just curious, OP, from some non-golfer’s point of view: how much would you pay for bananas at Publix you did not buy?
Old 02-11-2023, 02:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Just curious, OP, from some non-golfer’s point of view: how much would you pay for bananas at Publix you did not buy?
I have no idea what that question means or how it relates to the question.

I don’t play pickle, tennis or paddle, I don’t swim in the pools (I have a pool in my back yard), I don’t belong to any clubs that use the rec centers to meet, etc, BUT, my amenity fees support them.

I would pay a premium on my amenity fees to have the BEST Pickle Ball facility in Florida, WHY? the prestige increases my property value.
Same with the flowers in the common area, they are nice, I don’t notice them, but visitors do and buyers do.
Old 02-11-2023, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

Well, I’m not in the real estate business, and I play golf too but I think that people do not want to see amenity fees go up. If you took a survey to see how many people want to see it go down, I think you would get a response.
And if we are going to build anything, let’s see a great new art museum gallery etc. A wonderful concert hall etc. what about adding a little more culture?

Last edited by Velvet; 02-11-2023 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2023, 07:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
You are over the limit on posting here for the year already, stay out of it.
Not even close.

Tags
conditions, amenity, awesome, pay, extra

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.