I don't think so

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2020, 06:05 AM

That was inexcusable behavior, and gives all of the ambassadors a bad name.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:44 AM

I’m a starter at a golf course up north. We do have times when carts are to be in. However, common sense would dictate, no matter the circumstance, letting the couple play hole nine. After the round, an explanation could be given for next time.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:16 AM

Exactly ‼️ The Ambassador was doing his job. Lighten up 😃
Old 01-16-2020, 09:45 AM
Send a message via AIM to ragtag22 Send a message via Skype™ to ragtag22

When you rent a cart you are given the yellow copy of the form you must sign for the rental agreement. That copy states among other things, for executive courses carts are to be returned within 30 minutes after completion of the round for executive course and immediately after completion of rounds on championship courses. There is nothing on the agreement that stipulates a specific time for retuning carts. If there needs to be any deviation to what's on the agreement, the golfer renting the cart should be informed at the time they sign the agreement, otherwise the golfer is within their rights to refuse handing over the cart before completion of his or her round. The courses know how long it takes to complete a round on executive and championship courses, so based on the golfer's tee-time, why would the course even rent a cart if there was not going to be enough time to complete the round before the cart needed to be turned in.
Old 01-16-2020, 12:35 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragtag22 View Post
There is nothing on the agreement that stipulates a specific time for retuning carts.
Like I said in an earlier post
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Golf Cart Rental Agreement (2).pdf (328.0 KB, 120 views)
Old 01-16-2020, 03:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

So two things.

1. Right there in black and white that the cart must be returned before sunset.
2. The ambassadors do not make the rules, they just have a job to do. That doesn't make them rude.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:24 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I would not have left the course, until I had finished the round I had paid for.
golf carts have to be in before dark
Old 01-17-2020, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Unless that nice young couple had this golf cart for a few rounds on the course already. Since they aren't Villagers, and Grandpa (the actual villager) wasn't there, maybe guest privileges don't allow for someone to use a course-cart for longer than a single round per day?

I don't know the rules and etiquette revolving around the use of carts for the executive courses but that explanation would at least make sense.
I thought executive courses are for members card carriers only? They had to have visitors passes or they should of been kicked off the course. See lot of the after starter shack closes. Some use greens as approach shot practice with 20 or more balls on the green. I sure they are fixing all the divots.
Closed Thread

Tags
young, couple, cart, green, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.