I find it humorous....

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2021, 02:15 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default I find it humorous....

that I play with men and women who play the black/gold tees on the executive courses. They rarely reach the par 3 greens in one and yet they say it's too easy from the greens or golds.

If I dare ask them why they...to a person...say it's more of a challenge. Ohhh kaaay.

It's about fun! So tuck your ego into a dark recess of your golf bag and play the tees where at times you hit 5 out of 9 greens in regulation...then move back. if you find you only hit one or two from there then move back to the greens.

Not only will you have more fun, but you'll learn more. If you think it's about hitting longer clubs because it's more challenging then...nope...check that ego back into the bag. It's about the swing...only the swing. The score will come if you are able. if not then stick to the tees where you hit more greens in regulation or at least closer to it. it'll be more fun...you'll appear less foolish and you'll make everyone feel like celebrating when you hit a g.i.r.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:28 PM
Default Amen to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
that I play with men and women who play the black/gold tees on the executive courses. They rarely reach the par 3 greens in one and yet they say it's too easy from the greens or golds.

If I dare ask them why they...to a person...say it's more of a challenge. Ohhh kaaay.

It's about fun! So tuck your ego into a dark recess of your golf bag and play the tees where at times you hit 5 out of 9 greens in regulation...then move back. if you find you only hit one or two from there then move back to the greens.

Not only will you have more fun, but you'll learn more. If you think it's about hitting longer clubs because it's more challenging then...nope...check that ego back into the bag. It's about the swing...only the swing. The score will come if you are able. if not then stick to the tees where you hit more greens in regulation or at least closer to it. it'll be more fun...you'll appear less foolish and you'll make everyone feel like celebrating when you hit a g.i.r.
You'll also keep up with the expected pace of play and not annoy others behind you.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:48 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
that .
Finally, something you find humorous.
Old 12-01-2021, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,176 Times in 4,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Finally, something you find humorous.
I found this humerus...

The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 12-01-2021, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,536 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default Omg!😅😅

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I found this humerus...

The Villages Florida
That is funny!!!😅😅😅
Old 12-01-2021, 05:49 PM
Sage
Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR720 View Post
You'll also keep up with the expected pace of play and not annoy others behind you.
Sorry to say it, but criticizing which tee a player chooses, their club choice, heaping expectations on them about pace of play, etc. Took the fun right out of the game for a whole lot of us old timers who want to have a fun game ( golf is still a GAME, right. Not a job with quotas. I am talking recreational golf.). Seen that cap that says "play bad fast". Your game will suck, and you won't have fun, but at least you won't annoy others by enjoying a day on the course.
Talk about ego. I would think it would take a fair size ego to presume one has the right to criticize how another chooses to play, chooses their club, etc. If you want to have a good time on the course, chill a bit and don't lay the burden of your opinions of their game, speed, club choice on fellow players.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Yesterday a guy said you are too old if you have to hit a driver on a par 3 exec, it’s time for you to stop playing. The next par 3 he took 3 shots to get to the green, and 3 putts.

I don’t care what some of the older players hit, as long as they are enjoying life, who is to tell them to stop.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:30 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I don’t care what some of the older players hit, as long as they are enjoying life, who is to tell them to stop.
Agree.

Play with a guy that just moved up to the green tees on the Champs to reduce stress and enjoy the game more.

I'm playing the back two tees for the challenge.
(I will move up some day)

Different peeps play for different reasons.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:32 PM
Default Wow is right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Sorry to say it, but criticizing which tee a player chooses, their club choice, heaping expectations on them about pace of play, etc. Took the fun right out of the game for a whole lot of us old timers who want to have a fun game ( golf is still a GAME, right. Not a job with quotas. I am talking recreational golf.). Seen that cap that says "play bad fast". Your game will suck, and you won't have fun, but at least you won't annoy others by enjoying a day on the course.
Talk about ego. I would think it would take a fair size ego to presume one has the right to criticize how another chooses to play, chooses their club, etc. If you want to have a good time on the course, chill a bit and don't lay the burden of your opinions of their game, speed, club choice on fellow players.

Way to attack someone for stating there is a pace of play on every course whether it is an executive or championship. This is stated on each scorecard and yes you are expected to meet that pace of play. And yes it does annoy others when it takes someone multiple shots to hit the green on a par 3 hole because they're playing from the wrong tees. I'm pretty sure the good golf school talks about pace of play, playing from the right tees and picking up after a certain number of shots so that everyone can enjoy their round.

I have never criticized anyone for their tee box or club choice I was responding to the original poster comments regarding their observations.

I enjoy every round of golf I've played here for the past 20 years because I play from the correct set of tees and try not to hold anyone up. My fun is knowing that I'm hitting from the correct tees that will allow me to get pars on both par 3 and par 4 holes and the occasional hole in one.

By the way the rules on this site state no personal attacks on posters. I believe your comments to me crossed that line.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:17 PM
Sage
Default Dear Sir or Madam, as the case may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR720 View Post
Way to attack someone for stating there is a pace of play on every course whether it is an executive or championship. This is stated on each scorecard and yes you are expected to meet that pace of play. And yes it does annoy others when it takes someone multiple shots to hit the green on a par 3 hole because they're playing from the wrong tees. I'm pretty sure the good golf school talks about pace of play, playing from the right tees and picking up after a certain number of shots so that everyone can enjoy their round.

I have never criticized anyone for their tee box or club choice I was responding to the original poster comments regarding their observations.

I enjoy every round of golf I've played here for the past 20 years because I play from the correct set of tees and try not to hold anyone up. My fun is knowing that I'm hitting from the correct tees that will allow me to get pars on both par 3 and par 4 holes and the occasional hole in one.

By the way the rules on this site state no personal attacks on posters. I believe your comments to me crossed that line.
You were not personally attacked, and I'm sorry that you perceived it so. On the other hand, it was, IMHO, a first strike I perceived in the first two posts that prompted my defense of those golfers who, for whatever reason, don't "measure up" to the standards of players who think themselves superior players and ,who, expect to dictate policy to those they feel are inferior and a nuisance. Most players, I believe, don't want to be a problem. They just want what we all want, to have a good round of golf, and that is all. If someone is truly that much of a problem, have the ambassador tell them to let you past or leave. To my knowledge, the ambassadors are the closest thing we have to "golf police".
As I stated earlier, I'm not attacking anyone, just the idea that some residents aren't good enough to play on the courses that they help pay for. May we all appreciate one another and appreciate each other for our shared love of the game.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I found this humerus...

The Villages Florida
Looks more like a femur
Old 12-01-2021, 11:06 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
You were not personally attacked, and I'm sorry that you perceived it so. On the other hand, it was, IMHO, a first strike I perceived in the first two posts that prompted my defense of those golfers who, for whatever reason, don't "measure up" to the standards of players who think themselves superior players and ,who, expect to dictate policy to those they feel are inferior and a nuisance. Most players, I believe, don't want to be a problem. They just want what we all want, to have a good round of golf, and that is all. If someone is truly that much of a problem, have the ambassador tell them to let you past or leave. To my knowledge, the ambassadors are the closest thing we have to "golf police".
As I stated earlier, I'm not attacking anyone, just the idea that some residents aren't good enough to play on the courses that they help pay for. May we all appreciate one another and appreciate each other for our shared love of the game.
It doesn't have anything to do with "not being good enough," Everyone is welcome to play golf. I think the OP is encouraging people to play from the proper tees.
When people play from tees that are beyond their ability they typically take more strokes and can slow the pace of play. If that means that they are falling behind then they slow the pace of all golfers behind them.
That's why there are different tees. So people can play from the one that best fits their ability.
Old 12-01-2021, 11:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I have always played where my wife hits from the front and I hit from the middle or back. Just the way it is.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Looks more like a femur

I'll stick with you for a hip op!
Old 12-02-2021, 06:31 AM

Every point you made was valid. I would also recommend that at least two golf balls remain in one’s pocket, tees and markers also. Don’t take 3 or more swings prior to hitting the ball,don’t take 5 minutes or more looking for a lost ball, anticipate the club you will use on your next shot,take your putter with you after chipping or in the bunker. Pick up your tee after your shot. Do not critique the other players. However, saying “Great shot “ is always welcomed. Rake up bunker after your shot. These are some ways to keep pace of play and will make the game more enjoyable.
Closed Thread

Tags
greens, hit, fun, back, tees

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.