I find it humorous....

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2021, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbomaybe View Post
perhaps to you but what about the person who lost it??
well, he still has his right femur (I hope). (Please, no stupid comments about being insensitive to amputees, we all realize that for them this is not funny)
Old 12-03-2021, 08:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,933 Times in 2,703 Posts

I find it annoying……..

When a thread is started with a teaser, to get people to open it up who otherwise wouldn’t if they knew what they would find inside. It is especially annoying when you learn the thread is another of many rants complaining about an experience at one of the executive golf courses.
Old 12-04-2021, 02:51 PM
Default Golfing from Black

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
that I play with men and women who play the black/gold tees on the executive courses. They rarely reach the par 3 greens in one and yet they say it's too easy from the greens or golds.

If I dare ask them why they...to a person...say it's more of a challenge. Ohhh kaaay.

It's about fun! So tuck your ego into a dark recess of your golf bag and play the tees where at times you hit 5 out of 9 greens in regulation...then move back. if you find you only hit one or two from there then move back to the greens.

Not only will you have more fun, but you'll learn more. If you think it's about hitting longer clubs because it's more challenging then...nope...check that ego back into the bag. It's about the swing...only the swing. The score will come if you are able. if not then stick to the tees where you hit more greens in regulation or at least closer to it. it'll be more fun...you'll appear less foolish and you'll make everyone feel like celebrating when you hit a g.i.r.
At 73 I struggle sometimes with my rigid back. Spinal Stenosis is a poor golfing buddy. However, I like the "challenge" from the black tee. Nope I don't always make the green. So I enjoy a good game of chipping practice more often than not. Sometimes I move to the gold and still have the same problem with the longer par 3 holes. So what. I like chipping practice. It is golf, it is part of the game. Score doesn't always matter either so what if I don't get on the green in "regulation": I am not a pro. I enjoy the game of golf for the fun of it. If someone thinks I need to be on the green in one shot then they are probably behind me waiting for me to find my ball and chip. Ha ha it is the pro wannabees that find it annoying to play behind us fun golfers who don't reach the tee in one shot. Sorry I'll probably be staying on the gold or black tee as I age and get even worse.
Old 12-04-2021, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,537 Times in 1,461 Posts
Default Bless you,

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorknow View Post
I

At 73 I struggle sometimes with my rigid back. Spinal Stenosis is a poor golfing buddy. However, I like the "challenge" from the black tee. Nope I don't always make the green. So I enjoy a good game of chipping practice more often than not. Sometimes I move to the gold and still have the same problem with the longer par 3 holes. So what. I like chipping practice. It is golf, it is part of the game. Score doesn't always matter either so what if I don't get on the green in "regulation": I am not a pro. I enjoy the game of golf for the fun of it. If someone thinks I need to be on the green in one shot then they are probably behind me waiting for me to find my ball and chip. Ha ha it is the pro wannabees that find it annoying to play behind us fun golfers who don't reach the tee in one shot. Sorry I'll probably be staying on the gold or black tee as I age and get even worse.
And may you experience a run of perfect games while your golf buddies are there to "Ooo", "Ahh", and "Wow" after every shot.
Closed Thread

Tags
greens, hit, fun, back, tees

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.