I find it humorous....

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2021, 06:47 AM
Platinum member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
Every point you made was valid. I would also recommend that at least two golf balls remain in one’s pocket, tees and markers also. Don’t take 3 or more swings prior to hitting the ball,don’t take 5 minutes or more looking for a lost ball, anticipate the club you will use on your next shot,take your putter with you after chipping or in the bunker. Pick up your tee after your shot. Do not critique the other players. However, saying “Great shot “ is always welcomed. Rake up bunker after your shot. These are some ways to keep pace of play and will make the game more enjoyable.
GO TO GOOD GOLF SCHOOL... A lot of the "golfers" feel like they want to "get their money's worth" and play the back tees on the execs... And the Ambassadors really can't tell you to play faster. Have known some that have gotten in trouble for suggesting golfers pick up the pace if they were a couple of holes behind the group in front of them.

Old 12-02-2021, 07:10 AM
Veteran member

True so many slow the play down because that second shot to reach the greens, move up to where you can reach the green in one and watch your score down as you are playing to your ability.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
that I play with men and women who play the black/gold tees on the executive courses. They rarely reach the par 3 greens in one and yet they say it's too easy from the greens or golds.

If I dare ask them why they...to a person...say it's more of a challenge. Ohhh kaaay.

It's about fun! So tuck your ego into a dark recess of your golf bag and play the tees where at times you hit 5 out of 9 greens in regulation...then move back. if you find you only hit one or two from there then move back to the greens.

Not only will you have more fun, but you'll learn more. If you think it's about hitting longer clubs because it's more challenging then...nope...check that ego back into the bag. It's about the swing...only the swing. The score will come if you are able. if not then stick to the tees where you hit more greens in regulation or at least closer to it. it'll be more fun...you'll appear less foolish and you'll make everyone feel like celebrating when you hit a g.i.r.
I don't care if they hit their drivers only 80 yards as long as they move quickly and play ready golf. Very few people of any skill level play ready golf in The Villages
Old 12-02-2021, 07:18 AM

You're in left field!!! People use black or gold instead of green for a very good reason. For the reason they tell you. PERIOD!!! You get to hit more shots. Practice more chipping on the course. Nothing about egos!!!! I don't play that way. But it's to each his own. Try to have fun without watching everybody else.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
that I play with men and women who play the black/gold tees on the executive courses. They rarely reach the par 3 greens in one and yet they say it's too easy from the greens or golds.

If I dare ask them why they...to a person...say it's more of a challenge. Ohhh kaaay.

It's about fun! So tuck your ego into a dark recess of your golf bag and play the tees where at times you hit 5 out of 9 greens in regulation...then move back. if you find you only hit one or two from there then move back to the greens.

Not only will you have more fun, but you'll learn more. If you think it's about hitting longer clubs because it's more challenging then...nope...check that ego back into the bag. It's about the swing...only the swing. The score will come if you are able. if not then stick to the tees where you hit more greens in regulation or at least closer to it. it'll be more fun...you'll appear less foolish and you'll make everyone feel like celebrating when you hit a g.i.r.
Yea, OK Tiger....
Old 12-02-2021, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
You were not personally attacked, and I'm sorry that you perceived it so. On the other hand, it was, IMHO, a first strike I perceived in the first two posts that prompted my defense of those golfers who, for whatever reason, don't "measure up" to the standards of players who think themselves superior players and ,who, expect to dictate policy to those they feel are inferior and a nuisance. Most players, I believe, don't want to be a problem. They just want what we all want, to have a good round of golf, and that is all. If someone is truly that much of a problem, have the ambassador tell them to let you past or leave. To my knowledge, the ambassadors are the closest thing we have to "golf police".
As I stated earlier, I'm not attacking anyone, just the idea that some residents aren't good enough to play on the courses that they help pay for. May we all appreciate one another and appreciate each other for our shared love of the game.
... love of the game. I hate the game. I can't wait until I play again.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1975 View Post
People use black or gold instead of green for a very good reason. For the reason they tell you. You get to hit more shots. Practice more chipping on the course. Nothing about egos!!!! I don't play that way. But it's to each his own.
Strange----for 52 years of playing golf I thought the idea was to hit LESS shots
Old 12-02-2021, 08:20 AM
Gold member
Thanked 2,147 Times in 746 Posts

Well like they say: " Different strokes, for different folks "
Old 12-02-2021, 08:22 AM

Gotta agree totally! So many contradictions in the OP. Move to "back" tees after you can hit "5 out of 9 greens". Where is this written? Here's an idea, just enjoy the weather while you wait for the players ahead of you.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:38 AM

I tend to see the same problems here that I did back home and on most courses. I would just call it lack of etiquette. I am surprised at the number of ball marks people don't fix on the greens. People walking across other peoples lines on the green, one guy walking around the hole to pick us his ball even though the rest of the group hadn't putted yet (Ok to get the ball but don't walk on my line). People unaware of where to park their cart when they are putting on the green (should be past the green towards the next hole). Mark your score card on the tee box of the next hole, not at the green.

Enjoy the day, play from the tee's you choose but be aware that you have others in your group and you have groups behind you. Keep an extra ball in your pocket so you don't have to go back to your bag to retee the ball or replace the one you could not find (they will make more, and you might find more while looking for yours...) Complement the other good shots in the group and don't give shot or club advice unless asked. Now do I have to say don't talk about politics and religion.....
Old 12-02-2021, 08:43 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

I have played many championship courses in many different states that have a starter on the first hole, observes what tee you are hitting from, watches your tee shot, and then advises you where you should be hitting from.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:52 AM
Default All pars? Go pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR720 View Post
Way to attack someone for stating there is a pace of play on every course whether it is an executive or championship. This is stated on each scorecard and yes you are expected to meet that pace of play. And yes it does annoy others when it takes someone multiple shots to hit the green on a par 3 hole because they're playing from the wrong tees. I'm pretty sure the good golf school talks about pace of play, playing from the right tees and picking up after a certain number of shots so that everyone can enjoy their round.

I have never criticized anyone for their tee box or club choice I was responding to the original poster comments regarding their observations.

I enjoy every round of golf I've played here for the past 20 years because I play from the correct set of tees and try not to hold anyone up. My fun is knowing that I'm hitting from the correct tees that will allow me to get pars on both par 3 and par 4 holes and the occasional hole in one.

By the way the rules on this site state no personal attacks on posters. I believe your comments to me crossed that line.
Jeez, you get all pars -- AND "the occasional hole in one"? I need to take lessons from you.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1975 View Post
You're in left field!!! People use black or gold instead of green for a very good reason. For the reason they tell you. PERIOD!!! You get to hit more shots. Practice more chipping on the course. Nothing about egos!!!! I don't play that way. But it's to each his own. Try to have fun without watching everybody else.
I thought we had many different areas where "practice" shots can be practiced.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:53 AM
Default Not in NY anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
I have played many championship courses in many different states that have a starter on the first hole, observes what tee you are hitting from, watches your tee shot, and then advises you where you should be hitting from.
That's New York. Leave NY in NY!!
Old 12-02-2021, 08:56 AM

So if I dont hit the green on each tee shot I shouldnt ne playing the executive courses. Wow Using that analysis 90% of the pro golfers shouldnt be playing.And we are talking recreational golf.
Closed Thread

Tags
greens, hit, fun, back, tees

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.