I find it humorous....

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2021, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phousel View Post
Gotta agree totally! So many contradictions in the OP. Move to "back" tees after you can hit "5 out of 9 greens". Where is this written? Here's an idea, just enjoy the weather while you wait for the players ahead of you.
I agree with you also. And if you dont hit the green with your 1st shot, no prob, you can still par! It's called chipping. big part of golfing. Then putt it in for par. There is no prob at all with this. It is, IMHO, no ones right to suggest that you must move up to the next tee box so you eliminate chipping.

Last edited by Shbullet; 12-02-2021 at 09:00 AM. Reason: misc
Old 12-02-2021, 09:00 AM

I play the white championship tees and only hit my drives about 180 yds. I play with guys that are around 70 years old. (22 years younger than I) I hit my shot straight down the middle while they spray their 200 yard drives all over the place. My second shot is also down the middle and still not on the green while theirs is left, right, or occasionally down the middle on the green. My wedge shots are very accurate and on the green within 10 feet of the hole. I will normally par 3 or 4 holes and bogey the rest of them. Am I playing the wrong tees. No. I enjoy the challenge playing the whites. I am not out to pay for a championship course and play a pitch and put course. I think everyone should play the tees he likes to play providing he keeps up and doesn't hold anyone up behind him. I play championship every day and I would be absolutely bored playing the green teens. I have played with golfers who hit their drives 200 yards and play the greens. If that is what they like God Bless Them. Everyone has to do their thing as long as they don't ruin someone else's game. Have a good day, stop complaining and enjoy Golf even if you play the yellow tees or the friendly tees.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat La Rosa View Post
I play the white championship tees and only hit my drives about 180 yds. I play with guys that are around 70 years old. (22 years younger than I) I hit my shot straight down the middle while they spray their 200 yard drives all over the place. My second shot is also down the middle and still not on the green while theirs is left, right, or occasionally down the middle on the green. My wedge shots are very accurate and on the green within 10 feet of the hole. I will normally par 3 or 4 holes and bogey the rest of them. Am I playing the wrong tees. No. I enjoy the challenge playing the whites. I am not out to pay for a championship course and play a pitch and put course. I think everyone should play the tees he likes to play providing he keeps up and doesn't hold anyone up behind him. I play championship every day and I would be absolutely bored playing the green teens. I have played with golfers who hit their drives 200 yards and play the greens. If that is what they like God Bless Them. Everyone has to do their thing as long as they don't ruin someone else's game. Have a good day, stop complaining and enjoy Golf even if you play the yellow tees or the friendly tees.
Exactly!!
Old 12-02-2021, 09:13 AM
Veteran member
Default Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I found this humerus...

The Villages Florida
I just had a new ceramic ball put on mine. Back to golfing, walking and biking in another month. Happy days ahead
Old 12-02-2021, 09:20 AM
Veteran member
Default Fun golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Sorry to say it, but criticizing which tee a player chooses, their club choice, heaping expectations on them about pace of play, etc. Took the fun right out of the game for a whole lot of us old timers who want to have a fun game ( golf is still a GAME, right. Not a job with quotas. I am talking recreational golf.). Seen that cap that says "play bad fast". Your game will suck, and you won't have fun, but at least you won't annoy others by enjoying a day on the course.
Talk about ego. I would think it would take a fair size ego to presume one has the right to criticize how another chooses to play, chooses their club, etc. If you want to have a good time on the course, chill a bit and don't lay the burden of your opinions of their game, speed, club choice on fellow players.
No, following a group that picks the wrong tee, wrong club, and shoots a snowman on every hole while moving his ball to a better lie is what takes the fun out
Old 12-02-2021, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,537 Times in 1,461 Posts
Default Silly you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Strange----for 52 years of playing golf I thought the idea was to hit LESS shots
You made me smile.๐Ÿ˜€
You know you are correct. But for example, imagine paying the fee to drive your classic car on the Indy 500 course but are told you have to drive from mile 400 on because your classic Mercedes doesn't "measure up".
You want to drive/play the whole course, not some pared down part of the course.
Is that understandable?
The one rule I hold myself to is "be ready".
Old 12-02-2021, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Looks more like a femur
That's because it is one... That's what I found humorous...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-02-2021, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larchap49 View Post
No, following a group that picks the wrong tee, wrong club, and shoots a snowman on every hole while moving his ball to a better lie is what takes the fun out
Hey! Don't knock the "foot wedge"!

-Tom Petty
Old 12-02-2021, 11:16 AM
Sage
Default I hear and understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larchap49 View Post
A lot of folks are not able to par every hole. I'm one of them. But I am ready for my turn and try to keep moving and try not to waste time.
To me the poor players who keep moving are less of a delay than the group's who seem like they are having a chat/gossip session while they happen to be on a golf course. Golf is just a place to gather and hang out.
But, even then, I sit in the sun, take a deep breath, thank my lucky stars I'm still alive, then get ready for my turn once the group moves out.
Old 12-02-2021, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Maybe they think of the par threes as par fours. But Iโ€™ve seldom seen poor golfers playing from the back tees.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:08 PM
Red face

Black tees, gold tees, green tees... heck, I look forward to the day when then let me tee it up on the edge of the green.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
You made me smile.๐Ÿ˜€
You know you are correct. But for example, imagine paying the fee to drive your classic car on the Indy 500 course but are told you have to drive from mile 400 on because your classic Mercedes doesn't "measure up".
You want to drive/play the whole course, not some pared down part of the course.
Is that understandable?
The one rule I hold myself to is "be ready".
Fully understandable. But then the goal is still to meet the challenge in the fewest strokes, not to take more. That would be like trying to drive the whole Indy 500 at 20 mph
Old 12-02-2021, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
Every point you made was valid. I would also recommend that at least two golf balls remain in oneโ€™s pocket, tees and markers also. Donโ€™t take 3 or more swings prior to hitting the ball,donโ€™t take 5 minutes or more looking for a lost ball, anticipate the club you will use on your next shot,take your putter with you after chipping or in the bunker. Pick up your tee after your shot. Do not critique the other players. However, saying โ€œGreat shot โ€œ is always welcomed. Rake up bunker after your shot. These are some ways to keep pace of play and will make the game more enjoyable.
Amen to all of that!
Old 12-02-2021, 02:45 PM
Sage
Default Forget the classic Mercedes

Quote:
Fully understandable. But then the goal is still to meet the challenge in the fewest strokes, not to take more. That would be like trying to drive the whole Indy 500 at 20 mph
20 mph would be a golf cart with a coffee brewer and a portapotti on the back.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
Old 12-02-2021, 02:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
20 mph would be a golf cart with a coffee brewer and a portapotti on the back.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
Except for those carts that go 30+
Closed Thread

Tags
greens, hit, fun, back, tees

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.