I guess I should not be surprised…

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2021, 03:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts
Default I guess I should not be surprised…

… while reading the golf rules and all one of the things they talk about is golf carts and the fact they should never leave the golf cart path, not even a single wheel. While driving around the past few days it is amazing how mane carts are off the paths and some even right at the greens. As I said this should not surprise me but it does. Simple rules to follow but must be for the other golfers and not them.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
… while reading the golf rules and all one of the things they talk about is golf carts and the fact they should never leave the golf cart path, not even a single wheel. While driving around the past few days it is amazing how mane carts are off the paths and some even right at the greens. As I said this should not surprise me but it does. Simple rules to follow but must be for the other golfers and not them.

I assume you are talking about executive courses because on championship courses you can drive to your ball until you are about 50 yds. from the green... and just for info. some players have medical exemption cards so that they can drive up near the greens
Old 10-22-2021, 04:19 PM
Platinum member

If the cart has a reasonable accommodation (CAP) it's a navy blue band wrapped near the windshield for the ambassador to see and allows people with doctor's approval to ride on courses.
Old 10-22-2021, 04:19 PM

I always had a tendency to pull slightly off the path for some reason at each stop. Not so much anymore. Probably a habit from driving a car and not wanting to get rear-ended.
Old 10-22-2021, 06:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

It is what it is at the Executives. The stuff I have witnessed on these courses over the years amazes me. Apparently rules are only suggestions, because they are never enforced. Free golf (yes, I know we all pay amenity fees, but you pay the fee regardless of your golfing choice) brings out the best of amateur hour. We very much enjoy playing the Executives, the key is to not have unrealistic expectations.
Old 10-22-2021, 09:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,144 Times in 830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Let's go Brandon
For those of us who are not into the latest memes, perhaps you'd do us a favor and explain your sig line and why you think it is appropriate for this website which has a policy forbidding political speech and obscenity. Of course you didn't know what it meant, you just have a friend named Brandon

What does Let'''s go Brandon mean?
Old 10-23-2021, 04:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
You did a good job of it...no need for me to splain Lucy.
You threatened to leave , you left and now you’re back. Welcome back Stanley
Old 10-23-2021, 05:07 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Just curious if you have played yet and if you have even bought your golf shirt yet? Come on man, get off TOTV and on the golf course. Let us know where you play for the first time and what the experience was like. Better hurry TEE TIMES WILL BE HARDER TO GET SOON
Old 10-23-2021, 06:12 AM
Veteran member

on the executive courses, on the par 4's, you can drive your cart on the fairways
Old 10-23-2021, 06:25 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
It is what it is at the Executives. The stuff I have witnessed on these courses over the years amazes me. Apparently rules are only suggestions, because they are never enforced. Free golf (yes, I know we all pay amenity fees, but you pay the fee regardless of your golfing choice) brings out the best of amateur hour. We very much enjoy playing the Executives, the key is to not have unrealistic expectations.
I once followed a group of walkers w/pull carts that pulled their carts on and across every green. Shocked at some things people will do, no not really.
Old 10-23-2021, 06:41 AM

The horror…..
Old 10-23-2021, 07:50 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

Like most golf courses they like there to be grass where it belongs. I play with many people that usually stop with two wheels on the grass. Eventually the grass will die in those areas and be replaced at our cost. They make the cart paths quite wide(exception:mira mesa & Chula Vista)so there is no need to pull off the path(ambassadors are trained to go around).

As to the CAP requirements...30ft from greens and sand traps, no driving between and sand traps and greens. The exception is when the cart path is closer than the 30ft.

As to those who don't care....I'm sure there are things you do care about that others don't....do you like it when they do those things you don't like anyway? Do unto others....
Old 10-23-2021, 07:56 AM

So now you’re at the golf cart police!
Old 10-23-2021, 07:57 AM
Default Golf Carts on fairways

Quote:
Many people are disabled and those folks with an access pass are allowed to drive on the fairways but need to stay 10 feet from greens unless they are using a 3 wheel golf cart supplied by the country clubs.
Old 10-23-2021, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
You threatened to leave , you left and now you’re back. Welcome back Stanley
Oh yes, now I remember that leaving story.

Tags
golf, carts, rules, mane, paths

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.