If we live next to an Exec course, can we just walk on and play?

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2015, 12:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts
Default If we live next to an Exec course, can we just walk on and play?

Of course, we would never walk on if the course was busy. But if the course was not busy and there was a large break between groups, would there be a problem if my wife and I walked on and started playing? We would not use carts.

We now live in Virginia and we hope to sell our house in the Spring. After that, we plan to move to Florida and look for a house in The Villages.

Ideally, we would like to live on one of the Exec courses, especially if we can just walk on and play on occasion.

Last edited by VApeople; 12-24-2015 at 12:23 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
...... But if the course was not busy and there was a large break between groups, would there be a problem if my wife and I walked on and started playing?
You would need to talk to the Starter Shack for the course and be assigned a time to tee off. If the course wasn't busy, it's quite possible you would be able to play immediately.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Of course, we would never walk on if the course was busy. But if the course was not busy and there was a large break between groups, would there be a problem if my wife and I walked on and started playing? We would not use carts.

We now live in Virginia and we hope to sell our house in the Spring. After that, we plan to move to Florida and look for a house in The Villages.

Ideally, we would like to live on one of the Exec courses, especially if we can just walk on and play on occasion.
You must check in with the starter whenever you play. You do not check in first you will be asked to leave even if you live on the course and even if the course is empty.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
You must check in with the starter whenever you play. You do not check in first you will be asked to leave even if you live on the course and even if the course is empty.
OK, your answer is very clear.

Have you ever heard of anyone being asked to leave because they walked on the course and started playing?
Old 12-24-2015, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapeople View Post
ok, your answer is very clear.

Have you ever heard of anyone being asked to leave because they walked on the course and started playing?
yes
Old 12-24-2015, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I once worked at a private club where the second tee and eighth green were near each other and adjacent to a public road. Many of the local residents had what they referred to as a two to eight membership.

You can certainly walk on to you executive golf course from your back yard, and everything will be fine........as long as you don't get caught.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:02 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Generic question from one who does not play golf nor live on a golf course...would just walking onto an exec [or any] golf course be considered proper golf etiquette?

Old 12-24-2015, 09:03 AM
Sage

off topic alert:
Generally speaking, are golf course lots more expensive on championship courses or executive courses? Or are they about the same. Or are there many other considerations?
Old 12-24-2015, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Generic question from one who does not play golf nor live on a golf course...would just walking onto an exec [or any] golf course be considered proper golf etiquette?
on a scale of 1-10, it's a negative 14
Old 12-24-2015, 09:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
OK, your answer is very clear.

You will find many days from late spring to late October that many of the execs are pretty empty from late morning on. It's very easy to check in with the starter, then go right out to play golf.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:36 AM
Gold member

assuming of course that you are dressed appropriately and have a villages id
Old 12-24-2015, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Generally speaking, are golf course lots more expensive on championship courses or executive courses? Or are they about the same. Or are there many other considerations?
I live in Tamarind Grove and the street next to ours is Odessa Circle. On one of of Odessa the homes have a villa wall behind them, on the outer side of the circle they have Southern Star Executive behind them. Those homes sold for $135,000 more than the ones across the street. That was the going rate for a golf course lot in 2011 when they were built regardless of the type of course. The villa wall homes were also charged a premium for having the wall, even though some of them had yards no deeper than 12' to the wall. I believe golf course lots now go as high as $175,000 in the Brownwood area.

Once after I first moved year in 2011 I noticed the cart path at Southern Star Executive was very wide, about 6' to 10' and concrete and would make an excellent bicycle path and I would not have go out on the street to ride my bike. Even though I noticed that day there were hardly any golfers on the course, within two minutes of riding my bike a marshall told me to leave. So you can figure that anyone on the course who is not authorized to be there, will be asked to leave no matter what you're doing, even just walking or jogging.

Last edited by John_W; 12-26-2015 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
off topic alert:
???
Old 12-24-2015, 10:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I live in Tamarind Grove and the street next to ours is Odessa Circle. On one of of Odessa the homes have a villa wall behind them, on the outer side of the circle they have Southern Star Executive behind them. Those homes sold for $75,000 more than the ones across the street. That was the going rate for a golf course lot in 2011 when they were built regardless of the type of course. The villa wall homes were also charged a premium for having the wall, even though some of them had yards no deeper than 12' to the wall. I believe golf course lots now go as high as $175,000 in the Brownwood area.
Thank-you
When I bought 2 1/2 yrs ago the Evens Prairie lots were 155. I always wondered if the lots on sweetgum or mangrove were also 155. just curious
Old 12-24-2015, 12:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Thank you for asking your question. Yes, check in with the starter.
Closed Thread

Tags
live, house, busy, exec, walk, spring, virginia, hope, sell, plan, villages, courses, move, ideally, florida, groups, play, large, break, walked, started, wife, problem, playing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.