Kirkland (Costco) Golf Balls

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2017, 06:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
This may be somewhat off topic, but I have noticed that many golfers putt with a cross handed grip. This was never done in the old days. I wonder if there is any objective evidence that this grip has improved the overall statistics in putting? If so, why?
Golfers tend to be a pretty conservative as a breed. Fo ra long time there were certain things that were just not done. Many players of years gone by would have looked upon an alternative putting style as a sign of weakness. It just wasn't done.

Ben Hogan once said that if he had been willing to separate his hands on the putter grip he could have played ten more years. But it just wouldn't look right and that kind of thing just was not done back then.
'
I think it was the long putter and the belly putter that finally got players to begin to open up and explore different options. Then a few guys began experimenting with the claw, saw, pencil, Gator grip. Today's players are much more open to exploring knew ways to shoot lower scores.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
costco, balls, ball, golf, tour

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.