Lack of consideration or caring ?

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2019, 07:19 AM
Default Welcome !!!

Welcome to the Villages !!!!!!
Old 06-23-2019, 07:50 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Welcome to the Villages !!!!!!
Welcome to life as we know it nowadays.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts

My favorite story, golfer not raking, announced that she was a priority member.Really!!??
Old 06-24-2019, 10:41 AM
Veteran member

I’m not sure the ambassadors would help with any of this. Saturday the local cable guy showed up later than expected so my husband sent me on ahead with all the clubs to make our tee time with friends. I told the starter shack my husband would be joining us late. When he arrived the ambassador offered to run him out to us. aswe were driving away from the green on the cart path the ambassador ran across the par three and over the fringe, almost onto the green, to get him to us. It was very sweet they brought him to us, but I’m not sure they understand the cart path rules either.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:43 AM

A man playing in front of me, kept driving his cart , onto the green. After two holes, I drove up to let him know, very politely, that he shouldn’t be doing this & why. He told me to mind my own business. The ambassador wasn't anywhere around, so I called the starter shack to report this man. The ambassador showed up, watch them from a distance, after seeing the man drive onto green, he went & talked to the man. The man must of got mad and he left.

If you experience any type of extreme slow play etc., bizarre behavior, call the starter shack. The phone # is on the score cards. This is the most effective and diplomatic way to handle these situations. I learned the hard way.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:54 AM

Great post!! Will absolutely start doing this.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:05 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paporter View Post
A man playing in front of me, kept driving his cart , onto the green. After two holes, I drove up to let him know, very politely, that he shouldn’t be doing this & why. He told me to mind my own business. The ambassador wasn't anywhere around, so I called the starter shack to report this man. The ambassador showed up, watch them from a distance, after seeing the man drive onto green, he went & talked to the man. The man must of got mad and he left.

If you experience any type of extreme slow play etc., bizarre behavior, call the starter shack. The phone # is on the score cards. This is the most effective and diplomatic way to handle these situations. I learned the hard way.
You just can't fix stupid. But at least you have given real golfers some ammo to stop stupid.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:10 PM

Unfortunately, I see this every day and not only on the golf courses. Too many people feel like they are entitled to do whatever they want, drive however they please and be rude to whoever they come in contact with.
Closed Thread

Tags
courses, playing, time, diablo, lack

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.