Looking for friends to play golf.

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecus View Post
Hello everyone, my name is Joe (59 years old) and I just move here (Fenney). I’m looking to meet partners to play golf, male or female. If there is a club or other ways to meet golfers, please let me know. If you are interested, please text me 718-619-2091. Thanks in advance.
There's not many people around who play Golf, maybe give pickleball a try.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:05 AM
Default Try Pickleball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecus View Post
Hello everyone, my name is Joe (59 years old) and I just move here (Fenney). I’m looking to meet partners to play golf, male or female. If there is a club or other ways to meet golfers, please let me know. If you are interested, please text me 718-619-2091. Thanks in advance.
You should definitely try Pickleball. I have met soo many awesome friends 😄
Old 03-17-2022, 08:14 AM

Old 03-17-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
You'll be surprised how many golfers there are who don't have friends and intrude on groups that do have friends.
Ask your neighbors if you can join their groups, or start a Friend's group of your own and start from there, the best way to go.
Intrude, seriously? Friendly fellow you are!
Old 03-17-2022, 08:23 AM

I too just moved into the Hammocks at Fenney and would like to find some regulars to play with. With as busy as things are scheduling it easy to get out as single, but I'm thinking more long term, for after the busy season. I am still working so I can only play on the weekends.... I could try some later tee times though during the week...
Old 03-17-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
I can see the slogan Florida's Friendliest Hometown flew right over your head like an errant slice!!
It's fake news "Florida's Friendliest Hometown", sorry you're one of those chippers that believe the Villages selling tack tick..
Old 03-17-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
Intrude, seriously? Friendly fellow you are!
No, just tired of saying where I'm from to strangers all the time...
Old 03-17-2022, 10:05 AM

/////
Old 03-17-2022, 10:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
"Intrude"?
That was my thought. One of the great things about The Villages golf is that you can sign up by yourself be inserted into a group and 99.9% of the people are welcoming.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-17-2022, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Popeye! View Post
It's fake news "Florida's Friendliest Hometown", sorry you're one of those chippers that believe the Villages selling tack tick..
I find The Villages to be an extremely friendly place. Does that mean that every single person gets along with everyone? No. Does that mean that there are no mean spirited or grumpy people. No. But overall, people are more friendly here than any place that I've ever lived.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-17-2022, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
That was my thought. One of the great things about The Villages golf is that you can sign up by yourself be inserted into a group and 99.9% of the people are welcoming.
As a single I've been asked if I would like to join their group a couple of times by the time we finished 18 holes.
Old 03-17-2022, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,246 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Yup. I've done it a lot. I've yet to play with anyone I wouldn't want to play with again...

One time, I was hooked up with a husband and wife. Not my first choice, but what the hell, make the best of it. They were a lovely couple with a wicked sense of humor...

I was playing a course I hadn't played before and I was relying on my partners for directional advice. On one of the par 5s, I hit a nice drive, then CRUSHED a 3 wood down the left side of the fairway... I got an "Oooh, that's gonna' be trouble! There's water over there..." Yeah, I was in the lake...

"NOW you tell me???' I replied... "Thanks for the tip!"

On the next hole, a par 3, there was a lake RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GREEN... He piped up, "Watch out for the water!" With a sly grin on his face... I won't say what I called him, but his wife was howling, saying "You sure got him pegged!" It was like I had known them for years...

The entire round went this way. One of the best rounds I've had in years!

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
meet, golf, play, ways, club

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.