Loud Music on the Golf Course

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2020, 10:33 AM
Platinum member

I became immune to noise playing RAF Lakenheath's little track next to F-111F, F-15C/D Eagles and F-15E Strike Eagles taxiing, taking off, and landing. The USAF even paid for locals to install double-paned windows for noise abatement.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,024 Times in 5,324 Posts

All I want is a loud round of cheers in the unlikely event I actually hit the ball
Old 10-05-2020, 11:23 AM
Veteran member

The music continued and we finally discovered that it was coming from a cart parked next to the green on the 3rd green just behind us which was driven by........wait for it.......one of the Ambassadors!

Never should an ambassador, while on duty, be listening to music at any volume level, or trimming his/her toenails, reading a book or hunting for lost balls. They are there for safety and, occasionally, even help to encourage speedy play.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:26 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMSr View Post
There have been many threads about proper golf etiquette here in The Villages but I ran across something this last Saturday that was a first for me. While playing Southern Star with a group of friends and neighbors our group was preparing to tee off at the 4th hole when suddenly the quiet morning was interrupted with very loud music. At first I assumed it was from a passing automobile since we were next to the roadway but after looking around we could not see any cars/carts in our vicinity. The music continued and we finally discovered that it was coming from a cart parked next to the green on the 3rd green just behind us which was driven by........wait for it.......one of the Ambassadors! We tried to get their attention to ask them to lower the volume but it was so loud they could not hear us over the music. Rather that create a fuss we just shook our heads and hit our tee shots.

It is not my intention to get anyone in trouble over this lack of etiquette but found it totally against everything I was ever taught about the rules of golf.
It’s only a game I listen to music with earbuds during golf it helps me relax. Just like distractions in our working days phones ringing such a distraction LEARN TO MULTITASK!
Old 10-06-2020, 09:32 AM
Sage

So, what did the facility manager say when you reported the problem ?? Rule of thumb is: you don't have the right to complain about something unless you are willing to change it .
Old 10-06-2020, 12:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
when i hit a shot, there should be absolute silence. And then, loud applause.

lol!
Old 11-01-2020, 08:01 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Say what???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
So, what did the facility manager say when you reported the problem ?? Rule of thumb is: you don't have the right to complain about something unless you are willing to change it .
there is no such rule of thumb! And anyone has a right to speak their mind in a civilized way and it is up to those with the authority to assure that the rules are followed.

Sheesh! We live in a world without common sense.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:31 AM

I play with music in my cart every round I play, now having said that I try to make it loud enough for ME and not bother anyone else. However I pry have turned it up sometimes louder than it should be. If someone asked me to turn it down I would most certainly comply as to not offend someone.
Closed Thread

Tags
music, loud, golf, green, tee

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.