Mainly for Those who play The Villages Championship Courses

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
What about beverage carts? That would be a money maker for them. Personally I bring my own water.
I played often on a course in Michigan that was known for "encouraging" a good pace of play. Unlike here, rangers would ask groups to pick up their pace to stay behind the group in front of them. I asked the owner one day why he didn't have beverage carts like the other courses in the neighborhood did. He responded that beverage carts slow up the pace of play. He felt it was hypocritical to encourage quick play and then slow it down to make more money.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:50 AM

I don’t know where you have been for the last year and a half......but ambassador carts haven’t had water in a year and a half........ie: COVID-19!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2021, 11:51 AM
Veteran member

The ambassadors are no longer carrying water in their carts, however there is a water station or bathroom with cold drinking water about every 3 or 4 holes. Put a couple of bottles in your cooler so if you miss a water station, you will still have cold water. “Suck it up, Buttercup.”
Old 06-06-2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYtoTV2021 View Post
Same ol, same ol. Build more houses to get more revenue & cut expenses. How many more hundreds of millions of dollars does the Morse family need?
You can hardly get on the exec courses any more in the winter. Exec courses cost money -- increase revenue, decrease expenses.
Will all you whinners get off the 'greedy' kick. If you don't like it here, move....TOTW has some nice courses, that cost you, and you can get a bigger house for less money. The Villages are the great place to live because the developing family has made it a business with a vision that they continue to better. If businesses don't make money, they will no longer be in business.
Old 06-06-2021, 12:55 PM
Default Other courses

When playing outside the Villages and up north, I saw very few rangers. Saw quite a number of cart girls. No big deal.
However, someone told me the summer rates are the same as last year except previously tax was included but now they add the tax after the rate. Result==increase in cost.
Old 06-06-2021, 01:00 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
FYI: That small cooler on the golf cart that you refer to is actually an un-insulated sand container. Sand to be used for repairing divots.
FYI................no it's not
Old 06-06-2021, 01:05 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Sadly, many (but not all) Ambassadors have taken advantage of tge job. Gone are the days when they would stop by every group, refill your sand bottles, get you a cup of water and write up a commendation card if they see you filling multiple divots or fixing multiple ballmarks or raking traps. Now they sit in tge shade, reading a book and drive right past without even checking. One of the Ambassadors on tge Riley Grove (Palmer) nine was the best. He filled divots on tee boxes, raked traps and fixed ballmarks. It is little wonder TV is cutting back. A great many of the Ambassadors have become worthless and we can bring our own coolers and refill our sand at tge turns. Works for me.
Sounds to me like someone has had a bad "experience" with an Ambassador and is extremely traumatized by it
Old 06-06-2021, 01:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

When you are driving your own golf cart, leaving from your house - you have a choice of coolers that can hold 1 six pack or 2 - plus your own basket - why would the golf course need to provide water of beer (drinks)?
Old 06-06-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Golfer View Post
The Golf Administration has made a change to the number of ambassadors on the Championship courses. They are decreasing the number of ambassador's to make more money, that is the only reason I was told by other ambassadors. Now with the hotter summer months coming when we used to see the ambassador 2 (two) times while playing 9 holes and getting cold water each time we saw them. Well now you will be lucky to see the ambassador 1 (one) time in 18 holes. Well there goes the "Florida"s Friendliest Hometown" Golf out the window. Here is why: (1.) The pace of play is recommended around 4 hours and 15 minutes, give or take a few minutes either way. Now with the ambassador being stretched out can't check on the pace-of-play, we may be seeing 5 hour plus rounds..and that's no fun! (2.) Fresh cold water for the golfers..forget this, the ambassador will not have time to make water runs and help the golfers...now we have to be careful! (3.) Golf course conditions, the ambassadors used to check each teeing area and fill any divots with sand. The would also check the sand traps and place the rakes where the belong. The may also ask golfers to rake the sand trap after hitting out of them. Golfers know that they need to rake the traps after hitting out of them, the non-golfers don't know this. It's not fun playing from and un-raked sand trap, and that's the condition of most sand traps in The Villages! I think they should delete the number of Pro's here, maybe one Pro for three championship courses along with two or three executive courses. And bring back the ambassadors for at least 1 (one) for each 9 (nine) holes. If this bothers you, call golf administration and encourage them to have one ambassador for every nine. Golf Administration phone number is (352) 753-3396. Let's make golf fun again in The Villages!
There is water almost on every whole. I never met an ambassador that ever changed the pace. We will all be fine
Old 06-06-2021, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebooo View Post
There is water almost on every whole. I never met an ambassador that ever changed the pace. We will all be fine
Better than water on every part
Old 06-06-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Wow.
You appear really upset.

With or without Amb's, people will or will not rake traps.
If you hit into a trap & it's not raked......rake it & replace Ur ball........it's not a PGA Tourney.

There is water on the course.......tastes fresh to me & it's always cold.
(there's always discussions about if you should even drink provided water)

In ten (10) years an Amb has never impacted my round of golf.

My last four rounds of golf (maybe more, old with limited memory) have been sub-4 hours.

Stop by Walgreens and get a chill pill.

You always have a great response that gets to the point that needs to be said!

New York, South Carolina, California, North Carolina, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, Virginia and now The Village of Winifred.
Old 06-06-2021, 03:08 PM
Thumbs up Agree!! we need the ambassadors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Golfer View Post
The Golf Administration has made a change to the number of ambassadors on the Championship courses. They are decreasing the number of ambassador's to make more money, that is the only reason I was told by other ambassadors. Now with the hotter summer months coming when we used to see the ambassador 2 (two) times while playing 9 holes and getting cold water each time we saw them. Well now you will be lucky to see the ambassador 1 (one) time in 18 holes. Well there goes the "Florida"s Friendliest Hometown" Golf out the window. Here is why: (1.) The pace of play is recommended around 4 hours and 15 minutes, give or take a few minutes either way. Now with the ambassador being stretched out can't check on the pace-of-play, we may be seeing 5 hour plus rounds..and that's no fun! (2.) Fresh cold water for the golfers..forget this, the ambassador will not have time to make water runs and help the golfers...now we have to be careful! (3.) Golf course conditions, the ambassadors used to check each teeing area and fill any divots with sand. The would also check the sand traps and place the rakes where the belong. The may also ask golfers to rake the sand trap after hitting out of them. Golfers know that they need to rake the traps after hitting out of them, the non-golfers don't know this. It's not fun playing from and un-raked sand trap, and that's the condition of most sand traps in The Villages! I think they should delete the number of Pro's here, maybe one Pro for three championship courses along with two or three executive courses. And bring back the ambassadors for at least 1 (one) for each 9 (nine) holes. If this bothers you, call golf administration and encourage them to have one ambassador for every nine. Golf Administration phone number is (352) 753-3396. Let's make golf fun again in The Villages!
AGREE:
The pros can schedule their lessons and clinics.
New here, but around the game for forty fiver years.
I am sure they could handle more than one course!
Old 06-06-2021, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,249 Times in 4,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYtoTV2021 View Post
Same ol, same ol. Build more houses to get more revenue & cut expenses. How many more hundreds of millions of dollars does the Morse family need?
You can hardly get on the exec courses any more in the winter. Exec courses cost money -- increase revenue, decrease expenses.
Why is making a profit such a bad thing?

And... I made my first extended stay (2 months, off/on) in TV this past Winter. I had ZERO problems getting t-times...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-06-2021, 08:04 PM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebooo View Post
There is water almost on every hole. I never met an ambassador that ever changed the pace. We will all be fine
And my golf balls always manages to find most of those water holes.
Old 06-07-2021, 05:30 AM

My feelings exactly. Been playing here 11 years and I’m very happy. Common sense people!
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, ambassador, sand, ambassadors, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.