Mainly for Those who play The Villages Championship Courses

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
As much as I dislike agreeing with 88 he's spot on. As a former Ambassador I can tell you the water on the course and in the Amb cart are filtered and from the same source. The ice makers they use also use the filter the water.

Since almost all golf carts come with a small cooler why not fill it with ice and your beverage of choice. Don't need more Amb. Need golfers with more common sense and courtesy/etiquette.

I've played with whiners a few times....I remember them and avoid playing with them at all costs.

Bunkers...I rake my area and another close by....quite similar to fixing your pitch mark and one or two others. So if we are losing ground in being "the friendliest hometown" it's due more to whiners and those with complete lack of common sense..or "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" school of upbringing than a lack of Amb.

You seem to equate good business/capitalism and greed. I find that a common mistake in many from the upper east coast who feel they deserve respect in lieu of earning it. Quite sad really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
What about beverage carts? That would be a money maker for them. Personally I bring my own water.
Exactly! Making a profit appears to be a bad thing these days. Common courtesy also seems to be waining. We all know the summer conditions prepare accordingly. We all use the courses here frequently, we can help keep them up, repair ball marks, divots, & rake the beach when we go there.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:19 AM
Default Nope

Wouldn’t be a “money maker”....why would people buy a “beverage” from a cart, pay a tip, etc....when they can bring their own. Except for the OP who seems to not understand he can bring his own cold water in his cooler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
What about beverage carts? That would be a money maker for them. Personally I bring my own water.

Last edited by paulajr; 06-06-2021 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-06-2021, 07:22 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYtoTV2021 View Post
Same ol, same ol. Build more houses to get more revenue & cut expenses.

Yes it's terrible, a real estate development company continuing to develop land and doing it profitably. Just terrible.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Same ol, same ol. Build more houses to get more revenue & cut expenses. How many more hundreds of millions of dollars does the Morse family need?
You can hardly get on the exec courses any more in the winter. Exec courses cost money -- increase revenue, decrease expenses.
We haven't had issues getting tee times last winter. The majority place a narrow request, and choose to only play certain courses. Then we get to play points, many that complain have penalty points added to their play points for canceling tee times or not showing up. Making a profit isn't greed. Any business that doesn't reinvent itself and move forward stagnates and begins to fail. The ratio of homes to golf courses is about the same as it has always been. The announcement last week about the additional courses (championship & executive) below 44 continues to support the developers commitment to amenities and golf.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:23 AM
Default No

This is not true either. Many jobs are posted now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
Ambassadors were NOT let go. There is a hiring freeze and anyone who leaves voluntarily is not being replaced.
Old 06-06-2021, 07:57 AM

Agree - except for grouping of all of us from the Northeast. Says lots - right there.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:05 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIver0258 View Post
We haven't had issues getting tee times last winter. The majority place a narrow request, and choose to only play certain courses. Then we get to play points, many that complain have penalty points added to their play points for canceling tee times or not showing up. Making a profit isn't greed. Any business that doesn't reinvent itself and move forward stagnates and begins to fail. The ratio of homes to golf courses is about the same as it has always been. The announcement last week about the additional courses (championship & executive) below 44 continues to support the developers commitment to amenities and golf.
We never had problems getting tee times at any point in the past year. The problem we have is getting courses south of 466 no matter how many we request and time frame. We never have guests, never cancel or never show. It's like we've been walled in.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Golfer View Post
The Golf Administration has made a change to the number of ambassadors on the Championship courses. They are decreasing the number of ambassador's to make more money, that is the only reason I was told by other ambassadors. Now with the hotter summer months coming when we used to see the ambassador 2 (two) times while playing 9 holes and getting cold water each time we saw them. Well now you will be lucky to see the ambassador 1 (one) time in 18 holes. Well there goes the "Florida"s Friendliest Hometown" Golf out the window. Here is why: (1.) The pace of play is recommended around 4 hours and 15 minutes, give or take a few minutes either way. Now with the ambassador being stretched out can't check on the pace-of-play, we may be seeing 5 hour plus rounds..and that's no fun! (2.) Fresh cold water for the golfers..forget this, the ambassador will not have time to make water runs and help the golfers...now we have to be careful! (3.) Golf course conditions, the ambassadors used to check each teeing area and fill any divots with sand. The would also check the sand traps and place the rakes where the belong. The may also ask golfers to rake the sand trap after hitting out of them. Golfers know that they need to rake the traps after hitting out of them, the non-golfers don't know this. It's not fun playing from and un-raked sand trap, and that's the condition of most sand traps in The Villages! I think they should delete the number of Pro's here, maybe one Pro for three championship courses along with two or three executive courses. And bring back the ambassadors for at least 1 (one) for each 9 (nine) holes. If this bothers you, call golf administration and encourage them to have one ambassador for every nine. Golf Administration phone number is (352) 753-3396. Let's make golf fun again in The Villages!
The ambassadors haven't carried water for over a year now! The on course water jugs are filled with water, so, you can refill your water bottles. Also, there are water fountains at the restrooms. The message is "be prepared"!
Old 06-06-2021, 08:21 AM
Gold member

Currently The Villages assigns one Ambassador to cover El Santiago, El Diablo, Hawks Bay and Saddlebrook. It is somewhat obvious to me that the days of having ambassadors on the golf courses is on its way to oblivion, probably due to the upcoming hike in minimum wage. It always comes down to economics, folks. Without getting into the politics of the minimum wage, any economist (other than those that write for the New York Times) will tell you that raising the minimum wage will have an impact the balance of supply and demand in the labor force. It's a law of nature.
Old 06-06-2021, 08:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Ambassadors are needed but NOT to offend TV but Yes we need ambassadors but 2 at the most is all each Championship Course needs because when there ie a problem with other players the ambassadors might say something to these problem players but it might be just a dirty look because to many times they won’t warn them or else because they wouldn’t want hurt their feelings & these problem players will make a big issue about it start rumors about how bad the TV are. TV is a dream come true place to live but they are some bad apples in the basket!
Old 06-06-2021, 08:56 AM

If you see folks in rented carts there’s a chance they might be house hunting. Make sure they know what they are in for.
Old 06-06-2021, 10:49 AM
Default Good Golf School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
Is there a place on TOTV or other for a new to the area person to understand how the golf works in The Villages? From afar it seems there is a lot to understand how one even gets a tee time. It would be my expectation to spend most of the time on the Executive courses. Thanks in advance for the help.
If you are looking to learn how the tee time system works, you really should take the time to go to the Villages “Good Golf School”!
It really is worth it just for that reason. Yes if you are a long time golfer the sand trap raking, ball mark and divot repair will bore you. The course is great for that.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
As much as I dislike agreeing with 88 he's spot on. As a former Ambassador I can tell you the water on the course and in the Amb cart are filtered and from the same source. The ice makers they use also use the filter the water.

Since almost all golf carts come with a small cooler why not fill it with ice and your beverage of choice. Don't need more Amb. Need golfers with more common sense and courtesy/etiquette.

I've played with whiners a few times....I remember them and avoid playing with them at all costs.

Bunkers...I rake my area and another close by....quite similar to fixing your pitch mark and one or two others. So if we are losing ground in being "the friendliest hometown" it's due more to whiners and those with complete lack of common sense..or "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" school of upbringing than a lack of Amb.

You seem to equate good business/capitalism and greed. I find that a common mistake in many from the upper east coast who feel they deserve respect in lieu of earning it. Quite sad really.
FYI: the water on the ambassador cart comes from a garden hose that hangs on the outside of the building. That small cooler on the golf cart that you refer to is actually an un-insulated sand container. Sand to be used for repairing divots.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
I think the increased minimum wage is part of the reason for cutting back on staff as well. The change probably won't make much difference in my game, except I may not get as many "good golfer" coupons since no one will see me rake, fix divots and put my trash in the appropriate receptacle. Now, if they raise the price of drinks at the starter shack, we'll know the real motive. The price of a pitcher of beer is already up to a point where I may order water with lemon. That'll teach 'em.
Like it taught Katie Belle's?????
Old 06-06-2021, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Same ol, same ol. Build more houses to get more revenue & cut expenses. How many more hundreds of millions of dollars does the Morse family need?
You can hardly get on the exec courses any more in the winter. Exec courses cost money -- increase revenue, decrease expenses.
Same old, same old.....

The developers are greedy
The developers have enough money
The developers should give away x, y, and z
The developers owe us something

Blah, blah , blah

Go start your own development and make your own billions!
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, ambassador, sand, ambassadors, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.