Mainly for Those who play The Villages Championship Courses

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2021, 05:49 AM
Default Who gets paid !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Golfer View Post
The Golf Administration has made a change to the number of ambassadors on the Championship courses. They are decreasing the number of ambassador's to make more money, that is the only reason I was told by other ambassadors. Now with the hotter summer months coming when we used to see the ambassador 2 (two) times while playing 9 holes and getting cold water each time we saw them. Well now you will be lucky to see the ambassador 1 (one) time in 18 holes. Well there goes the "Florida"s Friendliest Hometown" Golf out the window. Here is why: (1.) The pace of play is recommended around 4 hours and 15 minutes, give or take a few minutes either way. Now with the ambassador being stretched out can't check on the pace-of-play, we may be seeing 5 hour plus rounds..and that's no fun! (2.)

Fresh cold water for the golfers..forget this, the ambassador will not have time to make water runs and help the golfers...now we have to be careful! (3.) Golf course conditions, the ambassadors used to check each teeing area and fill any divots with sand. The would also check the sand traps and place the rakes where the belong. The may also ask golfers to rake the sand trap after hitting out of them. Golfers know that they need to rake the traps after hitting out of them, the non-golfers don't know this. It's not fun playing from and un-raked sand trap, and that's the condition of most sand traps in The Villages! I think they should delete the number of Pro's here, maybe one Pro for three championship courses along with two or three executive courses. And bring back the ambassadors for at least 1 (one) for each 9 (nine) holes. If this bothers you, call golf administration and encourage them to have one ambassador for every nine. Golf Administration phone number is (352) 753-3396. Let's make golf fun again in The Villages!
Do the Amb's get paid.... I am surprised. They cut them to "save money" really. The Villages "thrives" on willing volunteers. In some cases it costs volunteers a lot of money to do their job, with equipment, stationery, shirts, printing etc, sometimes mounting to $100's of dollars a year. These are costs that we cannot pass onto those we help. Our love of "any sport" should not be abused this way. The Villages has ample funds
to help. Not everyone here is rich, believe it or not.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:14 AM
Veteran member

I have been playing golf since I was 13 years old, and up north, there was never more than 1 Ranger (yes not ambassadors) on a course. I agree with most of the positive comments. Bring your own water, lift, rake and place your ball in a trap. Fill in your own divots. What's the big deal. The slow play complainers won't be affected since the ambassadors can't do anything about it anyway. If you check your watches you will find that even though you may have a wait at some holes, you very seldom have a round over 4 hours. That's not bad.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulajr View Post
This is not true either. Many jobs are posted now.
Jobs in pro shops and cleaners are filled. Outside staff jobs are not. They are filled within the ranks of current employees depending on the course. An example is Bonifay. It has no execs to worry about while Cane Garden has five.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
FYI................no it's not
Yes, it is!
Old 06-07-2021, 08:03 AM
Default Mainly for Golfers of Championship Courses

I wonder how many of you that are criticizing would put up with folks that have no consideration for courteous rules of play, less than stellar weather conditions much of the time and low pay???
Old 06-07-2021, 08:36 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
FYI: the water on the ambassador cart comes from a garden hose that hangs on the outside of the building. That small cooler on the golf cart that you refer to is actually an un-insulated sand container. Sand to be used for repairing divots.
So you found out it's non insulated? I did too. Bought a used Yamaha cart. Put ice and beverages in it. Melted and warm by the time we started playing. Removed it and been using a Coleman cooler I mounted in it's place.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:41 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
So you found out it's non insulated? I did too. Bought a used Yamaha cart. Put ice and beverages in it. Melted and warm by the time we started playing. Removed it and been using a Coleman cooler I mounted in it's place.
I pulled the plug out of the bottom of mine, drilled three holes on the top rim then sprayed with expanding foam, works like a charm.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:44 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
Yes, it is!
ooops! I actually thought the poster was talking about the cooler the Ambassadors used to carry, that's the way I read it
Old 06-07-2021, 10:45 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
I pulled the plug out of the bottom of mine, drilled three holes on the top rim then sprayed with expanding foam, works like a charm.
Yes. I've heard of people doing that for a fix.
Old 06-07-2021, 11:12 AM

I really love (not) the comment about people from the "upper East Coast" being the problem. Being "entitled". That was when I decided he'll get no sympathy from me. I'm glad he's upset.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, ambassador, sand, ambassadors, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.