Many green keepers need to be replaced

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2017, 02:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
He's probably the same jerk I was hooked up with a few months back.

Although I let him slide on the first trap he was in because it was only a few footprints and figured he was ticked off and just forgot, the next time he walked to the middle and back...then got in my cart.

I looked at him and said, "aren't you going to rake the trap?"

He said, "the ambassador will get it."

I then lit into him and said that I play by the rules and when my ball ends up in a footprint in a bunker, I always wished I could find the jerk who didn't think he needed to be bothered raking traps...thereby making my shot that much harder.

Although he got out, raked it and all of the other ones the rest of the round...it was pretty quiet in the cart after that.
Could probably hear a pin drop. "The ambassador will get it"----typical

I have a fairway trap practically in my backyard. One day some bozo made a 30 yard march thru it from front to back----entering in the front and exiting the back, hitting 4 or 5 shots along the way, then got in his cart. So, while he was still within 15 yards or so of the trap, I got up out of my comfy chair, exited my lanai, and went to that trap and started raking. No acknowledgement, no eye contact----he must have thought I was "the ambassador"

BTW, this looks like one we can put in the agree column
Old 05-15-2017, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Could probably hear a pin drop. "The ambassador will get it"----typical

I have a fairway trap practically in my backyard. One day some bozo made a 30 yard march thru it from front to back----entering in the front and exiting the back, hitting 4 or 5 shots along the way, then got in his cart. So, while he was still within 15 yards or so of the trap, I got up out of my comfy chair, exited my lanai, and went to that trap and started raking. No acknowledgement, no eye contact----he must have thought I was "the ambassador"
Good on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
BTW, this looks like one we can put in the agree column
Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Old 05-15-2017, 06:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Don't you just hate it when that happens?
Yep, ruins my whole day
Old 05-15-2017, 07:22 PM

Interesting thread, about the same every year, misinformation and or lack of information;

Palmer was closed for several weeks last year, I think close to 2 months. Due to poor conditions caused by problems with the watering system.

The executive courses are are only staffed by the Championship courses, example Cane. And by staffing I mean the ambassadors and Starters. The courses are controlled by the district, and the maintenance is NOT the responsibility of the Championship courses.

The maintenance companies, for both the championship and executive courses are sub contracted, just like a lot of the work in the villages. Just like most of the villages home owners, we have someone else do lawn work.

The courses are under heavy restrictions on water use, they do NOT have unlimited water. That is why they did not over seed the fairways this past year.

Folks, we have had NO rain!
Old 05-15-2017, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
The ball marks on the executive course greens drives me "nuts". I really don't mind fixing a couple of other ball marks (I know we have handicap playing golfers) but the need to fix 4 or 5 really is unacceptable behavior for golfers. Education is the answer but as they say "hard to teach ol' dogs new tricks".
If any golfer (handicapped and non-handicapped) can bend over and stick a tee in the ground, they can also bend over AND FIX BALL MARKS, FILL DIVOTS AND RAKE FOOTPRINTS; if you can't do those three things, quit golf and play shuffleboard, bocce ball, bowling or something; quit making our courses look like crap and start fixing your damage.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Interesting thread, about the same every year, misinformation and or lack of information;

Palmer was closed for several weeks last year, I think close to 2 months. Due to poor conditions caused by problems with the watering system.

The executive courses are are only staffed by the Championship courses, example Cane. And by staffing I mean the ambassadors and Starters. The courses are controlled by the district, and the maintenance is NOT the responsibility of the Championship courses.

The maintenance companies, for both the championship and executive courses are sub contracted, just like a lot of the work in the villages. Just like most of the villages home owners, we have someone else do lawn work.

The courses are under heavy restrictions on water use, they do NOT have unlimited water. That is why they did not over seed the fairways this past year.

Folks, we have had NO rain!
Finally, someone in the know that speaks common sense about maintenance on the courses. It'll start raining pretty soon and every wannabe greens keeper will stop their bitching and whining.

Tags
greens, courses, play, time, job

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.