Marsh View Pitch and Putt

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2019, 09:24 PM
Veteran member

Love the course

Old 03-24-2019, 08:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Mrs. KC played it again today; that 2 hr. pace we played last week at that beautiful course became 3 freaking long hours today at that same beautiful course.

Last edited by kcrazorbackfan; 03-24-2019 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,932 Times in 2,702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Mrs. KC played it again today; that 2 hr. pace we played last week at that beautiful course became 3 freaking long hours today at that same beautiful course.
That's the problem with a walking course. It only takes a single person in front of you that probably should not be playing a walking course to ruin the round for everyone else behind them. My guess is that about 50 percent of Villagers either have or need knee/hip replacements. Whoever came up with the idea of a walking only course did not think things through properly. Last week on a cold and overcast late afternoon I was able to play 18 holes at Cane Garden in 2 hours and 15 minutes with a twosome in front of me. There is absolutely no excuse for a three hour round on a pitch and put course.

Last edited by tophcfa; 03-25-2019 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

It's official. Marsh View has been open 10 days, and the complaining has begun!
Old 03-25-2019, 09:06 AM

I played it yesterday. Very pretty and lots of fun. I used a PW, LW, and putter. Water on about five holes. I think it’s a great addition to our community.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:10 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Hopefully in 10 days most of the complaining will stop.
Steve
Old 03-25-2019, 09:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Those that cart their entire bag of clubs, drivers, hybrids, and irons, tend to slowdown second nine. Probably not used to a pull cart
Old 03-25-2019, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
And so it begins the end of the gators in those ponds with someone mentioning it.

People refuse to comprehend that.
What does a gator being here first have to do with anything. They are animals and people have moved or killed animals for years when they present a danger.

Would you have left all of the alligators here when the rest of The Villages was built? There would be no Villages.

What some people can't comprehend is that humans are the apex species and we have a right to make our environment as safe as possible.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Whoever came up with the idea of a walking only course did not think things through properly.
Time will tell if the course was a good decision. Not all of use every amenity.

If the course draws enough play, then it proves it was a good decision. Personally, we loved it very much.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
And 50% of the residents should be banned from playing.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
The complaining is about slow pace of play, which is killing golf. Some people on the courses are just fine with playing "hit and giggle" and not having any consideration for the way they leave a course or the players they are holding up; then there's those of us who have worked long and hard on our games to get to the point where we can play really good golf, take care of the courses, not hold players up behind us and still have a good time.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
What does a gator being here first have to do with anything. They are animals and people have moved or killed animals for years when they present a danger.

People complained about Larry - he's gone.

Would you have left all of the alligators here when the rest of The Villages was built? There would be no Villages.

Really? Seriously? The Villages would still be here no matter what.

What some people can't comprehend is that humans are the apex species and we have a right to make our environment as safe as possible.
The environment is safe even with the gators; it's the apex species (people) that lose their senses around Florida's native species.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:36 PM
Veteran member

Played yesterday. Nice layout, very short holes, mostly 50-60 yards long. The greens were in healthy shape, but need some cutting and rolling to make putting consistent (ball tends to "hop" to the hole). But the biggest issue are the mats you have to tee off from. Much thinner than on any driving range, and placed directly onto a concrete pad. So you never can get under the ball and spin it. Even high lob shots tend to roll over the back of the greens. Pitch and run attempts will challenge your luck. I would suggest bringing some sort of tee that will allow you to hit off the mat tee boxes. Otherwise, you will find these very short holes to be unusually difficult!
Old 04-29-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Played yesterday. Nice layout, very short holes, mostly 50-60 yards long. The greens were in healthy shape, but need some cutting and rolling to make putting consistent (ball tends to "hop" to the hole). But the biggest issue are the mats you have to tee off from. Much thinner than on any driving range, and placed directly onto a concrete pad. So you never can get under the ball and spin it. Even high lob shots tend to roll over the back of the greens. Pitch and run attempts will challenge your luck. I would suggest bringing some sort of tee that will allow you to hit off the mat tee boxes. Otherwise, you will find these very short holes to be unusually difficult!
I agree about the mats, nothing more than a pain to me, certainly could have had some built-in tee
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 04-29-2019, 05:51 PM

We played yesterday and had an enjoyable round with 1 hole in one on 18(not me). 2 1/2 hr. Had no waiting to tee off and our 4some just kept up with the 4some in front of us. Back nine quicker as a lot of people only play 9. Enjoyed the walk. It was fun and I'm sure it'll help many with their short game.
Closed Thread

Tags
hit, time, walking, green, great

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.