Men's Afternoon Championship Golf

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2016, 04:20 PM
Default Men's Afternoon Championship Golf

New to the Villages & would like to join a afternoon men's championship golf group on Tuesdays & Thursday's. Please contact rich6568@yahoo.com

Last edited by RTrevilian; 08-16-2016 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-16-2016, 04:22 PM
Gold member

You need to post your handicap and also if you are a priority member.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:12 PM

Also what tees you are looking to play.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Something to think about, is that the afternoons are when thunderstorms are most likely to occur (in the summer anyway).
Old 08-16-2016, 05:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTrevilian View Post
New to the Villages & would like to join a afternoon men's championship golf group on Tuesdays & Thursday's. Please contact rich6568@yahoo.com
I suggest trying a couple of things. Go to Golf The Villages , at the bottom of the page is a "contact us" link. They can answer alot of your questions. I would also stop by two or three of the country clubs closest to your home. Talk to the staff, check the mens room bulletin boards, etc. And check with the staff at Sarasota golf shop at Morse & Moyer Loop. They seem to be up on golfing info for the area. Welcome and Good Luck !!!
Old 08-17-2016, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

My group of two neighbors and myself have been playing afternoons for the past five years. From May 1st to Sept 30th green fees are only about $23, so that's better for those on a budget. My neighbor, he works in the mornings, myself I go to MVP gym every morning to workout. Also, I'm not a morning person, you have to tee off by 9:28 to go out in the morning wave, plus you're always playing with dew on the greens and fairways.

One suggestion would be to go ahead and join villages.net, they are at LSL on the west side of the square is their office. Just above City Fire. It's $8 a month, they put it on your credit card and you never see a bill. It's the best way for getting teetimes or being included in teetimes. You could do what many have also done in the beginning. Select an open time at a course you want to play that has 2 or 3 men already playing. This way you'll meet many new people and may end up playing permanent with that group.
Old 08-17-2016, 08:21 AM

I manage a golf group that plays on Tuesday and Saturday afternoons. The Tuesday group has 5 - 6 foursomes in season and the Saturday group has 4 -5 in season. You must be priority. We allow play from either the blue or white tees. We also allow play from the green tees if you are old enough and your handicap is high enough. I maintain a web page for the group in which all the results and sign-ups are handled. If interested send me an email at rkuehne750@comcast.net and I will give you the web sites address. All play is foursome play. Cost is $3 which is totally paid back in prize money.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:18 AM

My GHIN is 11 from the white tees & I'm a pritory member.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
I manage a golf group that plays on Tuesday and Saturday afternoons. The Tuesday group has 5 - 6 foursomes in season and the Saturday group has 4 -5 in season. You must be priority. We allow play from either the blue or white tees. We also allow play from the green tees if you are old enough and your handicap is high enough. I maintain a web page for the group in which all the results and sign-ups are handled. If interested send me an email at rkuehne750@comcast.net and I will give you the web sites address. All play is foursome play. Cost is $3 which is totally paid back in prize money.
This is nothing more than a curiosity for me and since you run a group I figured I could ask how you do it.

Do you adjust their course handicap based on the course rating difference of the different tees they play? Some do, some do not and like I stated, I am curious.

Thanks

Last edited by ajbrown; 08-17-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:40 AM
Sage

I might be interested, especially on Thursday. (Or does it have to be both days?)

Do you have a particular course or courses in mind? I'm about to sign up for priority membership and not certain of which courses or how many courses I may sign up for.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
This is nothing more than a curiosity for me and since you run a group I figured I could ask how you do it.

Do you adjust their course handicap based on the course rating difference of the different tees they play? Some do, some do not and like I stated, I am curious.

Thanks
I can't speak for the person you asked, but the formal groups that I play with do adjust for the tees being played.

The methodology is explained in the USGA rule book and isn't all that complicated, but makes it more fair for all involved.

Although I am a single digit and play from the blues, if I were to move up to the whites I lose about 3-4 'pops' on the average (depending on course).

I keep threatening to move up to the greens, even without any strokes...but the bahstads won't let me.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 08-17-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
The village that you live in most likely has a social club. Join and you will find golfers.......
Old 08-17-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post

Thanks
Yes I do. I adjust the course handicap for the blue and green tees according to USGA guidelines
Old 08-17-2016, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
My GHIN is 11 from the white tees & I'm a pritory member.
When I first visited here on my Lifestyle stay I played Cane Garden and went from the white tees and couldn't believe I broke 80 on a course I've never had seen before. Then I realized I'm used to playing courses that are about 6,200 yards from the white tees and I had just played 5,632 yard course. You have to play the blue tees here to equal that. My neighborhood group play the blue tees but when we go off campus we play the white tees.

Since you're fairly new, I didn't know if your handicap was based on where you used to live or have you played about 20 rounds here, then you would be up to date. That's why I bring this up, it's going to make about a few shots difference if you're in that situation.

In the new area here's a link to Belle Glade scorecard PDF file. I just played there on Calusa to Tequesta and the blue tees are just 6,058 yards, the white tees 5,497. I think this course is a little shorter than others because they had to design around a lot of marsh land.

http://www.golfthevillages.com/champ...LE%20GLADE.pdf

Cane Garden Jacaranda to Allamanda blue tees 6,226 and white tees 5,632. This is more like the rest of TV courses.

http://www.golfthevillages.com/champ...E%20GARDEN.pdf
Old 08-17-2016, 06:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

///

Last edited by bagboy; 08-17-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
mens, golf, afternoon, group, tuesdays

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.