Is Naples Bay A Good Golf Club For A Beginner?

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2022, 06:12 AM
Default Naples Bay Hybrids

I have a set of Naples Bay Hybrids and I love them. I am a Bogie golfer and they are all the clubs I would ever want. I am not looking to join the tour anytime soon. Great quality and very forgiving.
Old 07-13-2022, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3461 View Post
Hello.

Have been playing for about 3 months with a loaner set.

Now I am ready to be fitted.

I do not want to overspend for my first set. I am considering Naples Bay graphite set and, possibly, Tour Edge.

Is NB a good way to go? How is the quality and longevity? Do they play well compared to a similarly priced Tour Edge?

Thanks in advance.
Don't overlook used clubs. You can get them at some of the shops and Palmer Legends usually has a good selection
Old 07-13-2022, 07:18 AM

My wife and I both have had Tour Edge sets for a few years. When we bought the sets, the thing that sold us when compared to other sets, was the fact that as long as you own the clubs, they have full repair/replacement at no cost to you.
Old 07-13-2022, 07:21 AM
Default Tour Edge

KKingston57 doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Tour Edge clubs are not knock offs. What an ignorant statement.
Old 07-13-2022, 07:25 AM
Default Ping golf clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
I have a set of ping G10 irons and hybrids with a bag ready to be used I’m done golfing if your interested. Very good condition
Hi, I am interested in your Ping set. Are they still available? How much are you asking for them?
Thank you,
Susan
Old 07-13-2022, 08:11 AM
Default interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
I have a set of ping G10 irons and hybrids with a bag ready to be used I’m done golfing if your interested. Very good condition
i am just starting out golfing how much are you asking for the set ?
Old 07-13-2022, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-2-56 View Post
I never heard of Naples Bay until I read this article. I have been around golf for over 50 years. I was a superintendent, I sold clubs, I was a ranger and at the tsp but never heard of these.

I have heard of Tour Edge, my wife had a set when she started. They have a great warranty and are a good company.
I would not recommend them to anyone with <20 handicap, but they are fine for beginners or occasional players.
Tour Edge have come a long way. I remember that they were a bargain club when they were first introduced. Today they have clubs that are as good as anyone.
I was a very good player in my day and I’ve had a few Tour Edge clubs in my bag at times. So they are not just for higher handicap players.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-13-2022, 08:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Ohhh Naples, I played in Naples about 10 yrs. ago & my guest fee was $150. Call before you go there & ask what guest fees are!
Old 07-13-2022, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3461 View Post
Hello.

Have been playing for about 3 months with a loaner set.

Now I am ready to be fitted.

I do not want to overspend for my first set. I am considering Naples Bay graphite set and, possibly, Tour Edge.

Is NB a good way to go? How is the quality and longevity? Do they play well compared to a similarly priced Tour Edge?

Thanks in advance.
Look at the Naples Bay “Fountain of Youth” (FOY) set or the LADY EDGE or MODA SILK full sets. But, whatever you do, please get fitted at a manufacturers fit day at Sarasota for only $25 (you will get that back when you purchase).
Old 07-13-2022, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1701 View Post
Don't overlook used clubs. You can get them at some of the shops and Palmer Legends usually has a good selection
PL hasn’t carried used clubs for about 2 years.
Old 07-16-2022, 02:13 PM

I posted the original question, about Naples Bay clubs, in this thread. I found a gently used set of NBs including all hybrid irons and graphite shafts.

So far, they have performed very well for me on the driving range. I'm very happy with them. Now, to see how well they last.

Thanks for all of your input.
Closed Thread

Tags
set, tour, naples, edge, bay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.