need golfing partners

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Smile need golfing partners

would love to find 3 ladies (south of 466) who play intermediate golf to form a foursome for Fridays on executive courses. sdmt1@embarqmail.com
Old 08-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default looking for ladies?

Join Ladies Day, you will find lots of wonderful gals, won't take long....
Old 08-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Ladies day ??

Where and when is Ladies Day?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Gold member
Default every Wednesday

Ladies' Day is every Wednesday at certain courses - both executive and championship. For championship I think you have to be a priority member, and have an established handicap, and they may play 18 holes (I'm not sure, I've only played the executive course Ladies' Day. Check out golfthevillages.net or call the tee time office.

I have mostly played at Heron, at least since I was there in June, is the only Ladies' Day course south of 466. I played one other - I think it was Saddlebrook. It's a scramble format for 9 holes, usually from the front tees, but sometimes from the gold. No attempt to handicap teams nor can you request partners. Totally random. It really IS a nice way to meet other golfers. Have been given cards (if you don't have calling cards yet, get some) by several women who have said to give them a call when I'm there again, to get together for golf sometime.

There are about 5 courses scattered around. You do have to request a spot, but they also use subs - however they might be calling you at 6:30 am, at least in summertime. They only call local numbers, not cellphones with out of town area codes. There may be 1, 2 or 3 groups going off, the first at 7:30, I think. Next one around 9 and the next maybe at 10:30, depending on the # of requests.

I would think they might be adding another course south of 466 this fall, but don't know.

There is also Men's Day - same deal, but I think on a different day. Tuesday? Not sure.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Default A question about ladies day golf

We are still Ptimers so have not joined any clubs yet for Priority Memberships , but plan to. Question..I met a lady who had recently moved to TV FT and she said, "I joined up for Ladies Day but got very tired of always getting the 7;00 am tee times in the winter. It was freezing and I always got the worst tee times. I think they give the best tee times to the ladies who have been members awhile".. .??? Could that possibly be true? I dont know this lady very well, just happened to be paired up with her and her hubby for a round a few months back. I found her assesment and comments about ladies day very disappointing, anyone have any experiences they wish to share? I would love some further info as I love golf and hope to meet a lot of gals to golf with on a regular basis at all of the ladies days! thanks!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Gold member
Default totally random

I've been told that the tee times are totally random, but just by other players on Ladies' Day. Call the tee time office and ask to get the straight story.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.