New championship course in Southern Oaks

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf Daddy View Post
I like the concept of using the golf cart, but travel times to these facilities is not practical.
12 championship courses within 30 minute drive with a car..... that is impractical. No matter where you live, it would be impractical to get to them all in a golf cart.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Just another pasture, leveled off, dig some hoes place sand in holes. Do not plant trees for shade. Do not make dog leg holes. Do not plant flowers. Do not have too many water hazards. Place the dirt (sand) that was removed from sand traps in a nice pile, plant grass seed, as little as possible. Use very little sprinklers.. No ambassadors to speed up play. No need for any rakes in sand traps - nobody uses them. Make greens as hard as possible so nobody has to repair dimples
Really?

Last edited by dwhite5773; 06-27-2020 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Fantastic! I missed this Vmail! I think it’s great! I can’t believe the complaints on this so far? What a fantastic use of space, no road crossovers AND could that be the new town square that they are calling the Market Area? If you hate living south of 44 so much, please move back to Minneapolis, Seattle or wherever your from and let us enjoy the “new millennials” side of the Villages, please!
Old 06-27-2020, 08:32 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post

Old 06-27-2020, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchad View Post
...No matter where you live, it would be impractical to get to them all in a golf cart.
I played Arnold Palmer yesterday, took 20 minutes in my golf cart. Cane Garden is ten minutes, Mallory is 15 minutes, Havana is 15 minutes, Evans Prairie is 10 minutes, Bonifay is 15 minutes, Belle Glade is 20 Minutes. Glenview is 25 minutes and Lopez is 40 minutes. I've only play Terra Del Sol Twice, I think it was about 30 or 35 minutes and Hacienda Hills and Orange Blossom I have not played, they don't seem worth that long a drive when I've got so many good ones closer.

I've been here nine years next week, live next to Southern Star Executive Course. That's along St. Charles Place, for golfers looking for great access to championship courses, look for resales in Buttonwood, Tamarind Grove, St. James, St. Charles, Duval, Gilchrist and villages adjacent to these. Also executives, there are a dozen within 15 minutes of my location.

I don't think I'll be playing that new course when it's finished, or at least not in my own golf cart. When I drove to Fenney in my car it was 14 miles, Lopez is only ten miles for me by car, and that's 40 minutes by cart. Although going south on Morse, you might be able to make good time in a cart for a ways.

Google Maps
Old 06-27-2020, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

I don’t know how many courses are going to be out here , but iv been out here in Fenney for almost 3 years and there are quite a few people who don’t golf , perhaps and I remember something about developer taking it into consideration when building . I have been on 2 courses in villages and 5 all together in Florida including the Bay Hill Country Club ive never played a round and that’s not as uncommon as you might think . I’m 81 I enjoy the walking and bike trails out here and yes I’m still on them In the afternoon after my workout even in summer and the water views, it’s already great out here and in a couple of years we will be the heart of the villages for many
Old 06-27-2020, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I played Arnold Palmer yesterday, took 20 minutes in my golf cart. Cane Garden is ten minutes, Mallory is 15 minutes, Havana is 15 minutes, Evans Prairie is 10 minutes, Bonifay is 15 minutes, Belle Glade is 20 Minutes. Glenview is 25 minutes and Lopez is 40 minutes. I've only play Terra Del Sol Twice, I think it was about 30 or 35 minutes and Hacienda Hills and Orange Blossom I have not played, they don't seem worth that long a drive when I've got so many good ones closer.

I've been here nine years next week, live next to Southern Star Executive Course. That's along St. Charles Place, for golfers looking for great access to championship courses, look for resales in Buttonwood, Tamarind Grove, St. James, St. Charles, Duval, Gilchrist and villages adjacent to these. Also executives, there are a dozen within 15 minutes of my location.

I don't think I'll be playing that new course when it's finished, or at least not in my own golf cart. When I drove to Fenney in my car it was 14 miles, Lopez is only ten miles for me by car, and that's 40 minutes by cart. Although going south on Morse, you might be able to make good time in a cart for a ways.

Google Maps
We live in Hillsborough and will be carting down....Fenny is a lot shorter by cart than by car....I think Wingnut said it would be about 3.5 miles from Brownwood to Everglades. I don't think Fenny will be any longer than Spanish Springs for us by cart.....but will get back to you at some point.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-27-2020, 02:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhite5773 View Post
<snip> AND could that be the new town square that they are calling the Market Area? <snip>
No, watch the video again. It is the Ezell Regional Recreation Center with an indoor Farmers Market, and a little shopping and one restaurant.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
We live in Hillsborough and will be carting down....Fenny is a lot shorter by cart than by car....I think Wingnut said it would be about 3.5 miles from Brownwood to Everglades. I don't think Fenny will be any longer than Spanish Springs for us by cart.....but will get back to you at some point.
Hillsborough is much further south than we are here by Sterling Hgts Rec Center. From my house to Rohan Rec Center is 9 miles plus the distance on the other side. If they ever get the bridge at Brownwood finished and connected, that would make the trip for me much easier to the new course. Brownwood is about 20 minutes by cart from my house, but also I can get to Glenview in 25 minutes.
Old 07-18-2020, 12:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Just another pasture, leveled off, dig some hoes place sand in holes. Do not plant trees for shade. Do not make dog leg holes. Do not plant flowers. Do not have too many water hazards. Place the dirt (sand) that was removed from sand traps in a nice pile, plant grass seed, as little as possible. Use very little sprinklers.. No ambassadors to speed up play. No need for any rakes in sand traps - nobody uses them. Make greens as hard as possible so nobody has to repair dimples
Probably not far from the truth. The developer is in the business of jamming as many houses as possible into usable land first. Golf courses come second, on drainage land that is left over. The architect is left to use what the developer gives him. That's why all the new courses look pretty much the same. One boring design after another, and built for low upkeep and fast play.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Probably not far from the truth. The developer is in the business of jamming as many houses as possible into usable land first. Golf courses come second, on drainage land that is left over. The architect is left to use what the developer gives him. That's why all the new courses look pretty much the same. One boring design after another, and built for low upkeep and fast play.
Have you explored other communities with undrained land, with superior designs and for your faster play. Give me a break!
Old 07-18-2020, 01:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
The architect is left to use what the developer gives him. That's why all the new courses look pretty much the same.

The architect lays out the course(s) in first, then plugs in the roads & houses. Then tweaks & moves things around.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

I seriously do not understand why some people continue to live in a community that they complain about so much.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I seriously do not understand why some people continue to live in a community that they complain about so much.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
you said what we were thinking

Tags
championship, southern, oaks, target, opening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.