New championship course in Southern Oaks

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2020, 06:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Hillsborough is much further south than we are here by Sterling Hgts Rec Center. From my house to Rohan Rec Center is 9 miles plus the distance on the other side. If they ever get the bridge at Brownwood finished and connected, that would make the trip for me much easier to the new course. Brownwood is about 20 minutes by cart from my house, but also I can get to Glenview in 25 minutes.
When we were in the renting mode 6 years ago we rented on Yankee Clipper and decided when we purchased to look for something between LSL and Brownwood. We rented for 4 years before buying and spent very little time in SS which helped drive our decision. While everyone said the build out was coming when I learned what was driving that I didn't believe it. Our neighborhood golfers will drive everywhere with carts but the road trip to Lopez is rare. I suspect we will hold judgement on south of 44 until the bridges are complete and we have a chance to explore. Everything now is speculation.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-18-2020, 07:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Have you explored other communities with undrained land, with superior designs and for your faster play. Give me a break!
Yes.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
The architect lays out the course(s) in first, then plugs in the roads & houses. Then tweaks & moves things around.
Doubt that. The builder puts in as many houses as he is allowed, then hires a golf course design group to make a course out of the available drainage land.
Closed Thread

Tags
championship, southern, oaks, target, opening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.