8 Villages golfers finish well in Golden Hills senior amateur tour

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Administrator
Default 8 Villages golfers finish well in Golden Hills senior amateur tour

8 Villages golfers finish well
in Golden Hills senior amateur tour

Ocala, FL -- Eight golfers from The Villages finished well in the Senior Amateur Golf Tour of North Central Florida tournament Monday, April 4, at the Golden Hills Golf and Turf Club course.

They are Guy Laniel, Bill Foster, Ed Fletcher, Dave Cox, Dave Rabin, John Hammock, George Danforth and Mike Mallock.

Wayne Morrison outlasted Larry Barousse in a sudden death playoff on the first hole to win the A Flight.

Both were tied at 83 after 18 holes. New member and first-time competitor Buddy Slay placed third with an 85, after a score card play-off with Guy Laniel.

Morrison is from Macclenny, FL, Barousse is from Mt. Dora, FL, Slay lives in Lake City, FL, and Laniel is from The Villages, FL.

Play was on beautiful course conditions under a clear, blue sky in warm temperatures after the last event was called off last week because of severe, threatening weather. Two competitors teed from the wrong tee, one player hit the wrong ball, and another lifted his ball and mark from the putting surface and then had to re-place it. As competitive golfers always do, they took their penalty strokes in stride and continued play.

Bill Foster, a regular player from the Orlando, FL, tour, won the Championship Flight with a 73, while North Central Florida member Ed Fletcher came in second with a 76. New tour member and first-time competitor Dave Cox placed third with a 79.

Foster, Fletcher and Cox are all from The Villages, FL.

Competing in only his second tournament, Dave Rabin won the B Flight with a 94 and John Hammack placed second with a 103.

Both Rabin and Hammack live in The Villages, FL.

And, overcoming frustration in his previous competitions, George Danforth won the C Flight with a 94. Placing second was John Tayman with a 95, and third was taken by Mike Malloch with a 97.

Danforth and Malloch live in The Villages, FL, while Tayman resides in Deltona, FL.

Closest-to-the-Pin for the Championship and A flights were awarded to Dave Gollobin from Orange Park, FL, and Tom Grant of Oviedo, FL.

The B and C Closest-to-the-Pin went to Malloch and Tayman.

Championship Flight
1. Bill Foster, 73
2. Ed Fletcher, 76
3. Dave Cox, 79
A Flight
1. Wayne Morrison, 83 (playoff)
2. Larry Barousse,83
3. Buddy Slay, 85
B Flight
1. Dave Rabin, 94
2. John Hammack, 103
3. N/A
C Flight
1. George Danforth, 94
2. John Tayman, 95
3. Mike Malloch, 97
The tour’s next tournament is Monday, April 18, at Sugarmill Woods Country Club in Homosassa, FL.

For more information contact: Jim Castello, 352-446-3446; or, email at ncflorida@amateurgolftour.net; web site: www.senioramateurgolftour.net.

Facebook: Senior Amateur Golf Tour North Central Florida; Twitter: @SAGTNCFla;
Blog: SAGTNCFla.blogspot.com
Old 04-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Sage

Tony,
I hope you didn't copy and paste that news!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Tony,
I hope you didn't copy and paste that news!
I was just about to make the same comment.

Sorry for being (a bit) snarky....
Old 04-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies,

Not me. It was submitted for publication, and I rewrote it for the forum. Honest.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
Ladies, Ladies, Ladies,

Not me. It was submitted for publication, and I rewrote it for the forum. Honest.
:-)
Old 04-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Sage

That was nice of you Tony.

Now if you could just learn to count! (Kate and I are just two ladies.)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.