Golf Course Conditions - Bogart great, Cane ?

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Veteran member
Default Golf Course Conditions - Bogart great, Cane ?

I played Bogart yesterday and found the conditions to be very nice. Greens were good.

I practiced putting on the green by Jacaranda at Cane Garden the other day and found it to be like a slab of concrete. The grass was very brown in areas. Has anyone played the course? I'm wondering how the conditions are out on the course.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Sage

I played Cane on 12/3 (Jac/All). Amazingly and sadly I do not remember great details about the conditions, but I do remember thinking that the over seed did not take very well on the fairways.

IMO the course is playable as the greens are OK. I will try it again and pay more attention. My memory is vague about last Friday, either from getting older, after golf cocktails or the fact I am not playing great at the moment.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Gold member

Played Cane on Friday and found the fairways spotty. The greens were OK but fast. I was kind of disappointed because last Friday I played Havana and thought the conditions there, both fairway and greens, were very good.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 12-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Hacienda

So sorry lack of rain played into the decision NOT to overseed Hacienda....One of my favorites, reminds me of our OLD home course in NC...As I'm sure you already know, they overseeded greens and tees only...
Old 12-12-2010, 09:35 PM

PLayed Cane yesterday. Greens are fine - very fast for TV. As for the fairways - the overseed did not seem to take, play somewhere else.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Veteran member

Thanks all for the input on Cane. jrheydt, I heard from other that Havana is nice. Will have to check that one out. Anyone else have info on other courses like Mallory or Tierra? Although with the weather forecast this week, can't imagine playing golf until the end of the week.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Sage

<WHINE>
I played Mallory on Friday in the afternoon wave which was and I played Tierra on Sunday where we got 9 holes before the skies opened up <need pouring rain icon>. My point being I have greater concerns with the weather around here over the past couple of winters than I do the playability of the courses.
</WHINE>

The front nine on Tierra was fine and I will try again next Sunday. I am biased toward Tierra as it drives me nuts. I do not think I have ever had a "great" round there and I keep going back for more. IMO the slope and course rating of Tierra del Sol is low. If you think your game is in shape try Tierra from the gold tees for kicks. The course record (74) there is still 2 over the course rating (72.2/slope 122)! By contrast the back tees at Havana are rated about 74/slope 136 and the course records are 63, 66 and 68.

Mallory is my "home" course. At this time, let me say that Mallory goes toward the bottom of my request list.....
Old 12-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Veteran member

Thanks AJ. We too have been avoiding Mallory - I had hoped it would shape up, but apparently not. You get a gold star for going out Friday. We had a tee time but chickened out. I didn't even think of playing golf Sunday, it was so windy! I love the layout at Tierra, but rarely score very well there.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:16 PM

Any suggestions for connecting with a group or groups for golf. I am renting in the Lopez area for the month of February. Play a decent game 8-10 handicap.
Thanks, Ron
Old 12-14-2010, 07:11 AM
Veteran member

Ron, it will be impossible to get in a regular golf group unless you are a priority member. If one person in a group is not a priority member, and everyone else is, it will throw the computer golf request to the bottom of the heap and the group risks either not getting a tee time or getting one at a less desireable time or course. If you are a priority member, I'd suggest signing up for men's day. In the events on men's days the players are often grouped by handicap. You'll meet other guys in your handicap range and might be able to find some players.

You may also want to start a separate thread here on TOTV - looking for playing partners, etc. If you're not a priority member, you may find others that are like you, visiting, and you can get your group together and make a tee time request. Good luck!
Old 12-14-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj44 View Post
Ron, it will be impossible to get in a regular golf group unless you are a priority member. If one person in a group is not a priority member, and everyone else is, it will throw the computer golf request to the bottom of the heap and the group risks either not getting a tee time or getting one at a less desireable time or course. If you are a priority member, I'd suggest signing up for men's day. In the events on men's days the players are often grouped by handicap. You'll meet other guys in your handicap range and might be able to find some players.

You may also want to start a separate thread here on TOTV - looking for playing partners, etc. If you're not a priority member, you may find others that are like you, visiting, and you can get your group together and make a tee time request. Good luck!
Pardon my ignorance and thus this question: Is that actually what happens with a tee time request with three priority members and one resident non priority? It seems to me that some weight should be given to the resident perhaps before the forth being a non resident guest. Just need to know for sure. thanks
Old 12-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Veteran member

ricthemic, here is a link to the golf tee time policies: http://www.golfthevillages.com/golf-...heVillages.pdf You may have to copy and paste it into your browser window.

Teetimes in order of priority: Priority members, priority guests, Resident members, resident guests. During the high season, having a guest really screws things up. Our group got kicked out of the system once last year in February - we had all priority members, and one guest which I believe was a priority guest. Of course it was a large group - probably 12-16 people which could have factored in as well. Hope this helps.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:11 PM

Thanks, looking forward to seeing TV.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Sage
Default Hacienda??

I have yet to play Hacienda since the over seed. Reading various threads it sounds like it may never have even been over seeded this winter. Has anyone played there recently? I just want to be sure it is playable, for instance, how would it compare to Mallory?

Thanks
Old 01-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Veteran member

Tees and Greens overseeded. Fairways were not done as insufficient water.
Still better than Mallory imho.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.