New Golf rates

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2020, 09:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phpb2 View Post
Executives in May. Off Campus 18’s in May!
Problem solved.
Go outside all you want, but for us who play executive courses, take your protest elsewhere... The executive courses are crowded enough.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:13 PM
Default Funny...

Funny how no one complained when The Villages kept the lower “ summer rates” until January.....
Old 12-04-2020, 10:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,050 Times in 2,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulajr View Post
Funny how no one complained when The Villages kept the lower “ summer rates” until January.....
That’s because the took the previously very low summer rates, and averaged them with higher fall rates, and charged the same rates from May through December. They also eliminated the one fee for unlimited holes after noon and increased twilight rates. Now May is considered part of the Winter rates. What next?
Old 12-05-2020, 09:40 AM
Gold member

I totally agree that the developer is simply raising prices due to supply and demand - Economics 101. The restriction of supply (fewer new golf courses) while creating more demand (increased home sales) is smart in the short run, but in the long run, if the trend continues, may bite the family as golfers become disenchanted and move off campus. That too is Economics 101. They know that, but the near term revenue increase is probably so large that it's worth the long term risk to them. That short-term mentality is not much different than the attitudes of the Fortune 500 companies I worked for in my previous life.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,050 Times in 2,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I totally agree that the developer is simply raising prices due to supply and demand - Economics 101. The restriction of supply (fewer new golf courses) while creating more demand (increased home sales) is smart in the short run, but in the long run, if the trend continues, may bite the family as golfers become disenchanted and move off campus. That too is Economics 101. They know that, but the near term revenue increase is probably so large that it's worth the long term risk to them. That short-term mentality is not much different than the attitudes of the Fortune 500 companies I worked for in my previous life.
I couldn't agree more with your post. The only thing I would add is that that short-term mentality did not seem to exist under the guidance of Gary Morse, but once he passed away and handed the torch to the next generation, that all appeared to change.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahabs View Post
Let me start by saying that I find the champ courses within the bubble overpriced. The conditions are generally ok but I find them often boring and repetitive, i.e., I often notice similar holes from one course to the next. My solution is to play outside the bubble both from a cost and course design perspective. I believe the rates are largely driven by supply and demand. Until the demand starts dropping the prices will continue to move upwards.

As for prices for golf equipment and clothing, I've noticed significant increases from most other retailers I buy from (mostly online). I suspect the ongoing trade war(s) have had their predictable impact on prices. I don't believe the "developer" is strictly to blame for this one.
Old 12-05-2020, 09:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Bingo
only took 10 posts for someone to add ........
Old 12-18-2020, 08:02 AM

so the price did go up !!!!!! for the MAY !!!!!!! and some golf courses !!!

more $$$$$$ for the villages !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIgolfers View Post
Golf rates for Champ courses now posted in GOLFTHEVILLAGES

No change in rates from last year, but rates are though May 31 in 2021, unlike 2020 when they went until April 30.
Closed Thread

Tags
rates, golf, april, unlike, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.