New Pricing plan on Championship

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2019, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Play championship 3 plus times a week. Priority will still a deal for us.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

And no reason to build more Champ courses if everyone decides off site is a better deal and head outside

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-03-2019, 03:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default off site

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
And no reason to build more Champ courses if everyone decides off site is a better deal and head outside
I seriously doubt that many people will go offsite. The convenience and choice of many courses I think will keep people on site.
Old 04-03-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
No, the championship courses are not amenities. They belong to the developer and are separate from the amenities we pay for with our monthly fee. The developer was subsidizing the course expense for many years, but decided they need to be self-sustaining and the fees went up. Note that they are public courses and anyone, resident or not, can sign up to play. The non-resident fee is high enough that it discourages outside play.

I believe when the developer took over administration for the courses, they simply took over GMS, so the same people who ran the courses before are still in place.

Bottom line is if you don't like the prices don't play, go elsewhere
Old 04-03-2019, 07:30 PM

I've only been coming here since 2011. We are residents. I'm talking championship courses since my wife and I mostly play them. They u overseeded fairways. 3 or 4 yrs. ago they said they wouldn't overseed due to rain issues. They haven't overseeded fairways since. Even with all the rain and ponds full. We are Priority. Prices are high here considering no overseeding, greens not mowed properly. SLOW. Traps not raked on a regular basis. Pins placed by someone that obviously doesn't play golf. Basically lack of good maintenance . I don't see a financial statement but with all the play and HIGH cost to play these courses , we are not getting our moneys worth.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

During high season, the last couple years, you could get tee times on championship courses with no problems. Even playing with couple of foursomes at last minute is not a challenge.

In years past it was a struggle to find a time. Not sure if as population ages, they have stopped playing as many rounds as they used to on championships, instead playing exec.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Does this mean my grandson, when he visits, will have to pay to use the pool with his guest ID
Yeah. I think that idea truly sucks.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:53 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
During high season, the last couple years, you could get tee times on championship courses with no problems. Even playing with couple of foursomes at last minute is not a challenge.

In years past it was a struggle to find a time. Not sure if as population ages, they have stopped playing as many rounds as they used to on championships, instead playing exec.

Hope so, get all the old people off the courses!!!

Old 04-04-2019, 07:50 AM

Play both exec & championship several 3-5 times a week and very rarely get turned away. Just need to be flexible. Would like to know where the nay sayers are going off site to play that is so much better than what is available in The Villages. Please be specific would like to go to these. Every place I have been close is definitely not better than what is available within The Villages and sure is no cheaper plus the drive is a pain. Looking for real info not just opinions!!
Old 04-04-2019, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
Play both exec & championship several 3-5 times a week and very rarely get turned away. Just need to be flexible. Would like to know where the nay sayers are going off site to play that is so much better than what is available in The Villages. Please be specific would like to go to these. Every place I have been close is definitely not better than what is available within The Villages and sure is no cheaper plus the drive is a pain. Looking for real info not just opinions!!
Ummm, when boiled down...it's ALL "opinions."

Golf outside TV
Old 04-04-2019, 08:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
...Every place I have been close is definitely not better than what is available within The Villages and sure is no cheaper plus the drive is a pain...
Pretty well sums it up for me.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Played Cane Garden today. You complainers should go there and play. My buddy and I played with strangers to us and we all agreed the course was in great shape.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Played Cane Garden today. You complainers should go there and play. My buddy and I played with strangers to us and we all agreed the course was in great shape.
Thank you for the information. And it was posted TDS is good. Both on my list with family coming.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Same here; played Allamanda to Hibiscus today and the course were great.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,144 Times in 830 Posts

Why is there an 18 hole after 3 PM rate? Clearly the pricing sheet says you can get a nine hole rate for half the 18 hole rate, and play as many holes as you like? The only difference from the old summer evening system is that the cost has increased some but not doubled, but the tee times begin at 3 not 5.
Example. Last year the twilight rate at Palmer was $8. Now the 9 hole rate at 3 PM is $11 a "resident guest" which seems to be the term for people like me who live here and don't have a championship membership. So I am paying $3 for the opportunity to play 2 more hours of golf. Seems fine. Additionally this lower rate lasts several months longer. Of course there was no reason for an after 5 PM rate once the fall gets here as it gets too dark to golf.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.